''I saw it, the fans saw it - you’re garbage. You tapped.''

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » ''I saw it, the fans saw it - you’re garbage. You tapped.''
Next Page »
MMAcca
6/1/08 7:10:11AM
-Undefeated EliteXC heavyweight Brett “The Grim” Rogers trashes the performance of flagship fighter Kevin “Kimbo Slice” Ferguson at the “Saturday Night Fights” post-event press conference and nearly causes an all-out melee.

LINK
hails
6/1/08 7:53:11AM
Where can I get a link to see this thing???
MMAcca
6/1/08 7:55:03AM
Am trying to find one but can't.

Here's a more detailed write-up of the incident though:

LINK
MMAcca
6/1/08 7:56:46AM
mrsmiley
6/1/08 8:29:35AM
For a moment,you could tell Kimbo was contemplating the thought of tapping out.I thought he did for a second,but he never gave a full tap.It looked like he might have given half of a tap,but then re-thought his situation and decided not to.

Kimbo looked terrible last night,and that's bad news for him,considering JT's endurance and skills,were lukewarm to be a bit generous.
MMAcca
6/1/08 8:31:27AM

Posted by mrsmiley

For a moment,you could tell Kimbo was contemplating the thought of tapping out.I thought he did for a second,but he never gave a full tap.It looked like he might have given half of a tap,but then re-thought his situation and decided not to.

Kimbo looked terrible last night,and that's bad news for him,considering JT's endurance and skills,were lukewarm to be a bit generous.

Do you have a link to where i can see this again ?
mrsmiley
6/1/08 8:39:12AM
http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/kimbo%2Bvs%2Bthompson/video/x5mit8_kimbo-slice-vs-james-thompson-round_sport

This is the second round.I belive the 2nd was the round it happened in.
mrsmiley
6/1/08 8:40:48AM
http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/kimbo%2Bvs%2Bthompson/video/x5migb_kimbo-slice-vs-james-thompson-round_sport

My bad.first round!
MMAcca
6/1/08 8:42:41AM

Posted by mrsmiley

http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/kimbo%2Bvs%2Bthompson/video/x5migb_kimbo-slice-vs-james-thompson-round_sport

My bad.first round!

Props.

Cheers LINK
mrsmiley
6/1/08 8:46:45AM

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by mrsmiley

My bad.first round!

Props.

Cheers LINK

Watching it again,I really have to question whether he did or not.Maybe because the video quality isn't as good as my tv and I can't make it out as well,or maybe during the heat of the moment I was just too rapped up in JT having Kimbo in a guillitine.

Let me know what you think MMacca.
rabbit915
6/1/08 9:30:43AM
There was a few times where i wasnt sure if he tapped and was waiting for the ref to stop it but he never did and no one ever commented on it during the show so i thought i was just seeing things. Apparantly not.
mrsmiley
6/1/08 9:32:45AM
I also thought it was very funny,that right in the middle of the guillotine,They change camera angles and you can't even see the action,then the next shot is back in the cage and Kimbo is down.I almost wonder if he did momentarily pass out.
grappler0000
6/1/08 9:42:00AM
I had to watch it again too...it was actually a

AchillesHeel
6/1/08 10:14:17AM
Sherdog has a video of the post-match confrontation. a video of the post-match confrontation.
bigbubbano23
6/1/08 10:15:35AM
DBest
6/1/08 10:59:37AM
If you read the article it says 2nd round onslaught that he tapped to. not a first round choke.
Vietnamese_Guy
6/1/08 11:24:13AM
someone get the second round up
MMAcca
6/1/08 12:13:21PM

Posted by Vietnamese_Guy

someone get the second round up

On first page
Vietnamese_Guy
6/1/08 12:43:19PM
whoops my bad, yeah i was hoping elite would end up being a respectable org, but now i wish it would just fail, and deservedly so
FrankTheTank1181
6/1/08 4:06:29PM
I think Brett Rogers was frustrated, calling another fighter "garbage" doesn't make him look good at all. If anything it makes him seem jealous.
Aether
6/1/08 4:31:00PM
In the first round he gave the ref a thumbs up that looked sort of like a tap, but it wasn't. During the second round I don't see where anything could be misconstrued as a tap... Other than possible when JT was dropping elbows on him and kimbo kept moving his hand to try to catch James' wrist... I guess someone could have thought that was tapping. He didn't tap, but he definitely got a lot of gifts in the form of premature standups and a premature stoppage.
Aether
6/1/08 4:43:21PM
I also think that this fight is going to have to put a little doubt into Kimbo's mind about his "tapping is for bitches" statement. If he gets into the cage with a real BJJ practitioner he's either going to get his limbs snapped off or he's going to be calling himself a bitch.
holt8081
6/1/08 5:01:40PM
it was when he was stuck up against the fence and getting elbows to the head, Kimbo was not defending himself and it should have been stoped .
GrandMaster313
6/1/08 5:29:43PM

Posted by grappler0000

I had to watch it again too...it was actually a

yep i knew he didnt tap but i was trying to figure out if it was a fist pump or a thumbs up..........guess it was a
EliasG
6/1/08 6:15:29PM
There was 1 stand up. Only one. Not a lot. That stand up though was questionable but not outrageous. While Thompson was really doing NOTHING at all, he DID have side control and that was taken away from him. And, if he had been anyone but Kimbo or another top fighter, that fight would have been stopped when Kimbo was getting elbows to the head against the fence.

That said, I don't htink he was ever dazed, confused, or hurt by those shots, he just couldn't change his position with his hips. Inexperience. Several times on the ground in the second, he tried to get Thompson off by bench pressing him instead of shifting his hips, sweeping, etc.. First round I thought he did a fair job on the ground though.
cmill21
6/1/08 6:33:04PM
I don't know what everyones talking about. I'm not a Kimbo fan by any means, but he won that fight fairly IMO. He needs big time work on the ground, but I didn't see a tap, I didn't see anything that made me think it should be stopped, and I thought the stoppage that did happen was warrented, he was clearly rocked and it was going to lead to more and more punishment. I think everyones being overly critical out of hate for Kimbo and anything not the UFC.
lordicast
6/1/08 7:09:48PM
Bret Rogers would OWN kimbo! thats why i wondered if rogers just knocked out JT in the 1st. why is JT fighting for a title? then i remember the whole mike tyson media angle shaw's trying for and just laugh.
cmill21
6/1/08 7:12:03PM

Posted by lordicast

Bret Rogers would OWN kimbo! thats why i wondered if rogers just knocked out JT in the 1st. why is JT fighting for a title? then i remember the whole mike tyson media angle shaw's trying for and just laugh.

When was JT fighting for a title?
lordicast
6/1/08 7:16:15PM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by lordicast

This last fight wasnt for the vacant HW title?
HAHAHAHA that is even worst
cmill21
6/1/08 7:19:38PM

Posted by lordicast

Posted by cmill21

Posted by lordicast

This last fight wasnt for the vacant HW title?
HAHAHAHA that is even worst

Huh? No I asked you why you said "why is JT fighting for a title?" When did he fight for a title?
Pages: [1] 2