Can't Get Rid Of Those Fat Pads?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » MMA Training » Can't Get Rid Of Those Fat Pads?
gsquat
11/12/08 2:26:06PM
Here's a simple workout that targets your "love handles".

-Stand with your feet shoulder width apart.
-Bring your hands up to your chest and lay them on top of eachother ( as though you were in your coffin )
-Now in rapid succession, move your head side to side going to further than 6 inches in either direction (12" total). Really try to go as hard as you can.
-Counting side to side as "1", do a minimum of 75.

I never do less than 100 at a time. This obviously not only works out your obliques, but your upper and lower abs as well (tough to find effective workouts for your lower abs). This is the aerobic type workout needed to trim your obliques and not make them bigger.
grappler0000
11/12/08 2:56:31PM

Posted by gsquat

-Now in rapid succession, move your head side to side going to further than 6 inches in either direction (12" total). Really try to go as hard as you can.

Kind of like this?

gsquat
11/12/08 3:29:49PM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by gsquat

Kind of like this?

Hahaha. Not quite. I guess I should've made it clear that you're pivoting at your waist, keeping everything from your waist up stiff. Like a pendulum upsidedown.
Twenty20Dollars
11/12/08 3:37:41PM
hahah
The-Don
11/12/08 4:16:20PM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by gsquat

Kind of like this?

I had to props you for that... Man that is some funny stuff...
aaa9erh8er
11/12/08 4:28:56PM
lmaO I tryed to pors it but i cant i guess ive propped you b4
Jackelope
11/12/08 5:43:58PM
Spot reduction is a myth. Put in work- do cardio, eat right, exercise, and watch what you eat. Did I mention watch what you eat? How about exercising? Yeah, I know.. I'm a jerk.

Certain exercises can certainly help tone an area up, but no specific exercise will burn fat only in that one area
gsquat
11/13/08 6:02:26PM
I never said It'd burn fat only in that area. In fact I said that it'd work your obliques and abs. It actually works your chest out a little too. Its a good workout for your midsection and is good for your obliques.
Jackelope
11/14/08 2:01:49AM

Posted by gsquat

I never said It'd burn fat only in that area. In fact I said that it'd work your obliques and abs. It actually works your chest out a little too. Its a good workout for your midsection and is good for your obliques.

I assumed that's what you meant given the title of the thread is "Can't get rid of those fat pads" and in the thread itself you said it "targets the love handles"
gsquat
11/14/08 9:53:50AM
Wow. Yes. It will work your obliques...
Jackelope
11/14/08 11:07:08AM
Yeah, roger, I got that.. but the thing is the only way you will ever get rid of those "fat pads" is by tuning your diet and burning calories in general. You can't specifically burn calories only in your "love handles".

So yes, while it will work your obliques and tone them up, if they're covered by a large layer of fat it won't "get rid of those fat pads" (although if you really want to get technical you can talk about how building muscle helps burn calories, but I'll assume we're not going that deep into it right now)

I'm not trying to flame you, I'm just clarifying so as to make sure we get good advice in the "training forum".