It's on: Red Sox-Yankees 2007, round 1

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » It's on: Red Sox-Yankees 2007, round 1
AchillesHeel
4/19/07 4:40:06PM
The Boston Red Sox (9-5, 68 RS, 36 RA) and New York Yankees (7-6, 83 RS, 57 RA) fire up the '07 season-within-the-season this weekend at Fenway Park.

Gentlemen, this is a 5-round title fight in the American League Eastern Division. Obey the umpire's commands at all times. No low blows; no headbutts; no shots to the eyes, groin, or throat. Fight clean, fight hard, fight fair. If there are no questions, go back to your corners, and come out swinging.

Friday, 20 April: Curt Schilling vs. Andy Pettitte
Saturday, 21 April: Josh Beckett vs. Jeff Karstens
Sunday, 22 April: Daisuke Matsuzaka vs. Chase Wright

NYY
Johnny Damon, CF
Derek Jeter, SS
Bobby Abreu, RF
Alex Rodriguez, 3B
Jason Giambi, DH
Robinson Cano, 2B
Melky Cabrera, LF
Doug Mientkiewicz, 1B
Jorge Posada, C
(Mariano Rivera, CL)

BOS
Julio Lugo, SS
Kevin Youkilis, 1B
David Ortiz, DH
Manny Ramirez, LF
J.D. Drew, RF
Mike Lowell, 3B
Coco Crisp, CF
Jason Varitek, C
Dustin Pedroia, 2B
(Jonathan Papelbon, CL)

Starting pitching matchups are based on reports published by the Boston Globe and the New York Times. Lineups are my own best guess and don't account for righty-lefty matchups.

Ydoc
4/19/07 4:47:41PM
Man, the Yankees starting pitching sure does take a dive after Andy. As a Braves fan I'm pulling for the Sox to sweep them.
JoeMimic
4/19/07 5:14:23PM
Anyone see A-Rods walk off 3 run home run today? He's on fire.
IrishNHB
4/21/07 12:27:39AM
sox all the way
pv3Hpv3p
4/21/07 2:11:15AM
What a comeback tonight!!! That was a great game... Can't believe Rivera blew his second save in a row... That just seems wrong...

Can you believe A-Rod got two more... The guy's a beast
AchillesHeel
4/23/07 1:27:12PM
Subway fare to Fenway Park; $1.25. A ticket to the ballgame: $45. Hot dog, soda, and a soft pretzel: $20.

A three-game home sweep of the Yankees: Priceless.

(Oh, and four consecutive home runs off one pitcher: Nearly impossible.)
iwannabesedated
4/24/07 6:22:51PM

Posted by AchillesHeel

Subway fare to Fenway Park; $1.25. A ticket to the ballgame: $45. Hot dog, soda, and a soft pretzel: $20.

Damn a pretzel hot dog and soda for 20 bucks....i wish prices at Penguins/steelers/Pirates game were that cheap...its 7 bucks for 16oz beer and 6 to 7 for any nachos pretezels hot dogs chicken wings...i can understand the wings being expensive cause they are from quaker state and lube but still..anytime i go toa game ive at least dropped a 100 on beer and food.maybe i drink too much..anyways...Let go Pirates..hahahaha..god it sucks having the worst baseball team be from your city
AchillesHeel
4/25/07 12:46:24PM

Posted by 40ouncetofreedom

Posted by AchillesHeel

Damn a pretzel hot dog and soda for 20 bucks....i wish prices at Penguins/steelers/Pirates game were that cheap...its 7 bucks for 16oz beer and 6 to 7 for any nachos pretezels hot dogs chicken wings...i can understand the wings being expensive cause they are from quaker state and lube but still..anytime i go toa game ive at least dropped a 100 on beer and food.maybe i drink too much..anyways...Let go Pirates..hahahaha..god it sucks having the worst baseball team be from your city

Actually, I haven't been to Fenway in a couple of years. It's probably more expensive than I remember. And it could be worse, you could be a Tampa Bay sports fan.