I'M READY!

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » I'M READY!
FastKnockout
2/23/12 12:09:53PM
Haven't been this excited for a card in a while! 144 can't come soon enough!

Edgar has now earned a solid spot as my #2nd favorite fighter. After sitting (and standing at times) through his championship run I can honestly say I haven't felt this emotionally attached to a fighter since Chuck.

Win or lose against Henderson, I'll be an Edgar fan afterward.

Poor_Franklin
2/23/12 5:03:45PM
it's going to be awesome!

so many interesting matchups
Budgellism
2/23/12 5:52:59PM
I'm way too excited for this event for it to only be Thursday.

War Edgar as well!

1. Eddie Alvarez
2. Alan Belcher
3. Frankie Edgar

I can't root against any of these guys. It doesn't matter who they're fighting.
FastKnockout
2/23/12 6:10:12PM

Posted by Budgellism

War Edgar as well!

1. Eddie Alvarez
2. Alan Belcher
3. Frankie Edgar

Love all those guys. Belcher was featured on the local news a few nights ago (being from Biloxi) but the sad part is his name isn't Allen Balcher and he doesn't fight in the UCF.
DeadHead988
2/23/12 9:53:03PM

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by Budgellism

War Edgar as well!

1. Eddie Alvarez
2. Alan Belcher
3. Frankie Edgar

Love all those guys. Belcher was featured on the local news a few nights ago (being from Biloxi) but the sad part is his name isn't Allen Balcher and he doesn't fight in the UCF.

Lol, glad to hear they did their research!! MMA always gets portrayed accurately by the news, right?
Geoffo
2/23/12 11:03:55PM

Posted by Budgellism

War Edgar as well!

1. Eddie Alvarez
2. Alan Belcher
3. Frankie Edgar

What if... they're fighting each other............
Aether
2/23/12 11:14:16PM

Posted by Geoffo

Posted by Budgellism

War Edgar as well!

1. Eddie Alvarez
2. Alan Belcher
3. Frankie Edgar

What if... they're fighting each other............

Then there's been a serious error in matchmaking lol.
tcunningham
2/23/12 11:48:47PM
i have been waiting impatiently for the edgar/bendo fight. i really like edgar, he has shown a ton of heart, i know there is no champ out there that has had any easy title defenses but i feel like edgar has had it real hard. 2 fights with bj, 2 with maynard, damn. however, i think im gonna root for bendo. he's from my home state, i wrestled against his school in highschool. i like his style better than edgars, he always comes to throw down, very violent.
Cooler
2/23/12 11:57:01PM
Not crazy about the main event, especially for headlining a Japan card and it looks like Frankie could care less to be anywhere just always has that jersey attitude of "whateva, i gotta do what i gotta do to beat this guy, kapeesh?" lol but yeah it should be an okay fight if Edgar can stay lateral. The rest of the card is pretty decent but a few have the potential for being boring fights.
KungFuMaster
2/24/12 12:07:47AM
Well, it looks like I am going to miss this event. Hopefully I can catch the re-runs if I sit on the first row in front of the TV.
prozacnation1978
2/24/12 9:32:41AM
I am excited but yet sad knowing after next week. No more Ufc fights for over 5 weeks. Man that is a long time not including tuf live fights. I love the fact this year we have been able to see most of the card live. Watching over 10 fights is awesome
BuffaloDave
2/24/12 11:01:49AM

Posted by prozacnation1978

I am excited but yet sad knowing after next week. No more Ufc fights for over 5 weeks. Man that is a long time not including tuf live fights. I love the fact this year we have been able to see most of the card live. Watching over 10 fights is awesome

Bellator is starting up, so at least there is something to watch. We definitely get spoiled with the cluster of UFC shows at a time these days.
FastKnockout
2/24/12 4:29:57PM
Weigh-in day! Bendo has been cutting it close in his last few fights and he's been adding more muscle to take full advantage over his size.. it would be something if he didn't make weight.
ChrisSabal
2/24/12 4:57:34PM

Posted by Cooler

Not crazy about the main event, especially for headlining a Japan card and it looks like Frankie could care less to be anywhere just always has that jersey attitude of "whateva, i gotta do what i gotta do to beat this guy, kapeesh?" lol but yeah it should be an okay fight if Edgar can stay lateral. The rest of the card is pretty decent but a few have the potential for being boring fights.

I don't know how you can't be excited for a fight with Frankie. The guy throws down every time.