X-ray of Frank Shamrock's arm

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » X-ray of Frank Shamrock's arm
grappler0000
3/30/08 7:40:56PM
This is supposedly an x-ray of Frank's arm:

Source

Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1 Photo Attachment 2
Ultimate_fighter
3/30/08 9:33:53PM
holy crap!
skatenate
3/30/08 10:49:43PM
thats crazy, he'll be out for a while
CantAndleDaRiddum
3/31/08 11:27:07AM
damn!

wonder if its weorse than randy's break against gonzaga
Jackelope
3/31/08 1:23:59PM
He'll be alright. That's long bone and away from the joint. Those breaks heal a lot better than any other break. Plus, it's the ulna so that's great. I had thought they said he broke his ulna and radius in 2 different spots in the press conference. Now that would have been bad! Although Frank is getting old! He'll definitely be feeling this one for a while.

Aside from all the professional aspects of it, though... ouch! I knew he broke his arm after the announcers said that they could see it swelling up. He stopped countering the kick with the straight right for the first minute or so of it being broken. You could literally see the swelling at home on the couch, too! Funny thing is he almost KO'd Cung Le after his arm was broke haha!
jae_1833
3/31/08 2:48:38PM
Yeah I was that counter punch too, and then another one at the end of the round when he was up against the cage....man's tough!!
CornishMMA
3/31/08 3:43:53PM
Damn that looks like it would of hurt

Nah Franky boy, or Mr Legend sir (sorry) you cant shake that off
Kracker_Jap
3/31/08 6:03:45PM
I guess that puts the rumers on sherdogg to rest....

How in the hell do you fix that??
bls1919
3/31/08 8:37:34PM
I cant imagine thriowing punches with a break that bad. Shammy is one tough mother............still a loud mouth ass but a tough one
telnights
3/31/08 9:23:38PM
Well cant say I'm shocked also cant say I cant say I feel bad for him either. This is what happens when you stand a trade with someone with better stand up than you. I don't want to be the bad guy and say I'm glad he is hurt but same time I'm not sorry at all. Maybe now he will show a little more respect to other fighters but I really don't think it will change a thing and bet in a few weeks Frank will being saying if he didn't break his arm he would have won.
wolfman
3/31/08 9:32:32PM
Yeah, as said by some of the posters here, if I would have known Frank was going to stand the whole time, I would have picked Le in a heartbeat. He had a stupid game plan and let his ego get the best of him. Honestly, I should have figured he would let his ego dictate how the fight went.
Jackelope
4/1/08 1:16:35AM

Posted by telnights

Well cant say I'm shocked also cant say I cant say I feel bad for him either. This is what happens when you stand a trade with someone with better stand up than you. I don't want to be the bad guy and say I'm glad he is hurt but same time I'm not sorry at all. Maybe now he will show a little more respect to other fighters but I really don't think it will change a thing and bet in a few weeks Frank will being saying if he didn't break his arm he would have won.

Yeah it was stupid. Frank is a loudmouth for damn sure. One thing you've got to give him though is that he said he'd stand and trade, and he did stand and trade. Even though he was losing. I have a strange kind of respect for that.

After the fight he gave his piece on the situation and said he'd lost to a better fighter that night. He was surprisingly humble about it