Under-rated fighter in MMA??

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Under-rated fighter in MMA??
« Previous Page
hathcock32
2/18/07 5:06:16PM
Keith Jardine, Karo
Snacks
2/18/07 6:53:12PM

Posted by Dadaman

Drew McFedries
Jon Fitch
Josselin
HIDEO TOKORO
Masakazu Imanari
Ryo Chonan
Ryuta Sakurai
Roger Huerta
Clay Guida
Ninja
Pawel Nastula
NOBUHIRO OBIYA
Dokonjunosoke Mishima
Krazy Horse
Duane Ludwig
Jon Alessio
Malachi? sp? (guy who trains with Evan Tanner alot and fights KoTC)
Kultar Gil
Eric Pele

my pick though is a tie between Hideo Tokoro and Nobuhiro Obiya, I love both thier styles.

One day Obiya will smash Ishida, destroy Aurelio, devour Gomi, and consume the universe.

Obiya just lost 3 in a row, he's not exactly under-rated so much as under-preforming.

Ludwig has never been anything special in MMA. Clay Guida can go get pwnt by Endo again. Mishima, as much as I love him, is a bit out of his prime. Tokoro isn't underrated, in fact, he's overrated thanks to his Golden boy status in K-1. Imanari is underrated? Uhhh I don't know many people who don't have him ranked. Sakurai just needs to stop lifting and start training.
Snacks
2/18/07 10:29:48PM
Also, Fukuda, Kunioku, Hasegawa, and SK absolute are underrated.
MMA
2/18/07 11:18:32PM

Posted by hathcock32

Keith Jardine, Karo

Parisyan is no way under-rated. I actually think he is overrated.
Greene33
2/19/07 3:31:14PM

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Posted by Greene33

Jon fitch..

4-0 in the UFC
on a 11 fight winning streak. Shouls be in line for a shot at GSP soon and nobody really knows who he is...

who is Underrating Jon Fitch? he just started i predict he will blow up within the next 2 fights

maybe he is underrated by the casual fan,but not by true MMA fans

True on all accounts, i am just saying this because Kos and Diego are the two up and comers in 170 and i think Fitch could beat both of them. Fitch gets passed over alot because he wasent on TUF
hathcock32
2/19/07 9:02:05PM
Who are Karo's UFC losses.....he has 4 losses in MMA....Two of his losses to UFC Lightweight champ Sean Sherk.....One to one the best Pound for pound fighters in the world GSP...and his fourth loss was to Diego who we all know is undefeated....
madmarck
2/20/07 11:21:30AM

Posted by hathcock32

Keith Jardine, Karo

How are the underratted? Karo is ranked perfectly. At #4. Only supassed by Hughes and Penn, and then 2 guys who beat him GSP and Sanchez. #4 in the world is a pretty high ranking.

And Jardine. If anything this guy is overratted. Ever since he KO'd Forrest he has been one of the big guys in the LHW division. I dunoo about you but being hyped as the top of a divison doesnt seem underratted to me. In a either case.
Gomiera
2/20/07 1:02:18PM
Most underrated fighter.. Akira Kikuchi.. especially his grappling skills.
amik
3/1/07 4:41:01PM
Hermes Franca
Trapt1nw0nder
3/1/07 5:02:18PM
Josh Burkman
pv3Hpv3p
3/1/07 5:13:36PM

Posted by madmarck

Posted by hathcock32

Keith Jardine, Karo

How are the underratted? Karo is ranked perfectly. At #4. Only supassed by Hughes and Penn, and then 2 guys who beat him GSP and Sanchez. #4 in the world is a pretty high ranking.

And Jardine. If anything this guy is overratted. Ever since he KO'd Forrest he has been one of the big guys in the LHW division. I dunoo about you but being hyped as the top of a divison doesnt seem underratted to me. In a either case.

A few weeks ago, I would have agreed with you, but I think Keith actually has something going for him...

He only has two losses, not counting the TUF match with Rashad. One was the decision to Bonnar which a lot of people would argue went the other way. The other was to Wuiff, never seen the fight but it's listed as a KO for Travis 6 seconds in, so I'd have to go with lucky punch (considering Wiuff has only one other KO in 50+ fights)

jardine has been fighting better and better competition and is going to get a chance to prove himself on the big stage soon enough... Don't count this guy out
poll77
3/1/07 6:09:16PM
joe stevenson
Stickan
3/1/07 7:13:44PM
Josh Burkman was a good one.
Drew Fickett.. only lost to top dogs.
John Alessio as someone mentioned.
Vitor Ribeiro.. IMO easily top5 LW in the world.
ButterBalls
3/1/07 9:52:06PM
Dan Henderson anyone? Did you forget the LONG odds against him last weekend?

And secondly, what about Kazuyuki Fujita? The guy is 14-5, has beaten Mark Kerr, Ken Shamrock, Gilbert Yvel, James Thompson, and Bob Sapp.

Only loses have come to Silva, Crocop, Fedor, and Coleman. I'd say he's top 10 material without a doubt, and he IS on my top 10. He puts on a hell of a fight every time he gets in the ring and is tough as nails.

Plus I still think he has come the closest out of anyone (besdies TK) to beating Fedor.
jocksmall
3/1/07 10:02:00PM

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by Manfred

Agreed on Sylvia. I don't think he can beat the top 6-7 in PRIDE, but he's not nearly as bad as people make him out to be. He just looks goofy and says dumb things.

Wow , I don't like him either , but dang. He's at lesst top 5 , as Trapt1nowder said, in my book. Pride's top 6-7 heavyweight's would be IMO, so if your's are different let me know
1. Fedor
2. Big Nog
3.Josh Barnett
4. Werdum
5.Alek's Emelianenko
6.Sergei Kharitanov
7.Mark Hunt
No matter what order you have them in it's probably a safe assunption those are the top 7 in Pride. Your my boy and all Manfed, but I really disagree with you that he couldn't beat at least some of these guys.

'

poeple try to make a statement and exagerate. tim isnt underated in my book he is my 5th hw. he would beat some of the guys on that top 7 pride list im just not sure which ones. i really think fedor and josh beat him. big nog may be a slight favorite but he must get tim down. werdum would be a dog who must get him down. the other 3 would be great fights and i for one would love to see them. some poeple put tim behind all of those guys and they are being unrealistic some put him #1 so are they. tim would go 3-4 against that field thats my best guess. i agree with you hippy
jdubs
3/1/07 10:21:12PM
i know 99 percent of people disagree but i say frank shamrock.
Stickan
3/1/07 10:51:38PM

Posted by jdubs

i know 99 percent of people disagree but i say frank shamrock.

I'm definately one of those 99%.

When I was making my p4p-list I come to think of how disgustingly underrated Big Nog is. He has one of the most impressive records in the HW division (or overall for that matter). He has avenged his two non-Fedor losses and has wins over guys like Barnett, Kharitonov, Werdum, CROCOP, Herring, Henderson... the list just goes on and on.
His record is 29-4 with two losses from Fedor and 2 losses that he has avenged against really good guys.

People need to consider him for the p4p list. I mean who has KID beaten in comparison. He hasn't beaten a single guy on this site´s top LW list and the closest he's gotten is Genki Sudo and Caol Uno who are top 20 if you're kind.
Dadaman
3/1/07 11:21:12PM

People need to consider him for the p4p list. I mean who has KID beaten in comparison. He hasn't beaten a single guy on this site´s top LW list and the closest he's gotten is Genki Sudo and Caol Uno who are top 20 if you're kind.

I agree Sudo isn't Top 20 anymore because he retired. Otherwise he could easily be Top 15.

But saying Uno isn't Top 20 is disrespectful. He's a legend and he can still hold his own against ANY lightweight. He wouldn't necessarily win, but I doubt he'd be unable to hang.
gspfan31
3/2/07 2:41:03AM

Posted by JoeMimic

Nate "The Great" Marquardt

yup, hopefully he takes advantage of his title shot
the-james
3/3/07 11:39:25AM
I say Babalu alot of people consider him not an elite light heavyweight because of his fights with chuck but i think he will be champ one day whe nchuck reties
Hogzilla
3/3/07 12:25:58PM
RYOTO MACHIDA! Lots of people still dont know who this guy is
theBLADE
3/3/07 4:21:08PM
melvin guillard future LW CHAMP
Pages: 1 [2]