UFC 98-Rashad Evans vs. Machida or Rampage...It's official!!!

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » UFC 98-Rashad Evans vs. Machida or Rampage...It's official!!!
JackHammerXXX
3/7/09 11:07:47PM
Stepping in for Mir Lesnar 2. This will save the card and will be fine, due to the fact that this fight would have happened at UFC 100 anyway. Too bad for Jackson. Well, hey he is a fighter. Get in and get out.
slapshot
3/8/09 12:24:06AM
I really think evens is a very bad match-up for rampage although I dont see him KO'n Jackson.
TimW001
3/8/09 12:59:43AM
WAR RASHAD!

I don't see too many areas that jackson could beat him in. Rashad has a total game. He has faster hands, he'll keep his distance. He'll mix up with some kicks and maybe knees. This fight wont go to the ground unless Rashad begins to lose. I think Evans will simply outpoint him.

And I think Rashad will go on to be one of the biggest stars in the sport.
SociopathX
3/8/09 3:28:12AM

Posted by TimW001

WAR RASHAD!

I don't see too many areas that jackson could beat him in. Rashad has a total game. He has faster hands, he'll keep his distance. He'll mix up with some kicks and maybe knees. This fight wont go to the ground unless Rashad begins to lose. I think Evans will simply outpoint him.

rampage by tko
lohmann
3/8/09 3:44:52AM
Jackson can't spend the entire fight trying to connect with the flashy knockout power combination. He needs to put together a lot of punches in order to ensure a decision win if he can't put away Evans earlier.

I was surprised by Keith Jardine's takedown attempts tonight. It almost looked like he was testing out Jackson's takedown defense for his training partner.
warglory
3/8/09 12:26:45PM

Posted by TimW001

WAR RASHAD!

Rashad has better boxing? Name one fight Rampage has that he was outclassed in straight up boxing that didn't involve the clinch? It hasn't happened. Rampage is one of the best strikers in the division, if not THE best. Rashad is going to get cocky and try to stand with him. The result is going to be a KO victory for Quinton in the 3rd.
Franklinfan47
3/8/09 1:52:37PM
I think Rampage might shock Rashad here. His striking and strength might give Rashad some problems. Im taking Page by a close decision.
nickcuc547
3/8/09 2:06:02PM
after watching last nights fight with jardine, i'm picking rashad. rampage has unbelievable power but he gets to stiff at times and he isn't mobile. i think rashad is going to dance in circles around him and decision him, rashad also has a huge advantage with the rest factor.
chickmagnet
3/8/09 5:44:46PM
Rampage by KO
NatedawgThaM
3/9/09 8:15:13AM

Posted by warglory

Posted by TimW001

WAR RASHAD!

Rashad has better boxing? Name one fight Rampage has that he was outclassed in straight up boxing that didn't involve the clinch? It hasn't happened. Rampage is one of the best strikers in the division, if not THE best. Rashad is going to get cocky and try to stand with him. The result is going to be a KO victory for Quinton in the 3rd.

Def would prop u but gotta spread.

Yeah Rashad will outpoint him for a lil bit but I think Rampage will be the first to test his chin and catches and KO's him in the 2nd or 3rd. I want Rampage to fn slam him on his head. Miss those PRIDE highlights of Rampage
emfleek
3/9/09 10:05:48AM
I refuse to pick against Rashad again.

Rashad wins a UD.
mkiv9secsupra
3/9/09 10:46:59AM
1)Rashad is not going to take Rampage down
2)Rashad is has quicker hands by far

So i think this fight comes down to can Rashad avoid the big power shot for 5 rounds while striking with Rampage?

Rashad is going to get cocky and start reaching and Rampage will land an upercut and put him on his back and GnP him for the tko.

Rampage Rd 4 TKO

Rampage beats Rashad
Machida beats Rampage
Forrest beats Machida
Rampage vs Forrest 2 maybe?
pv3Hpv3p
3/9/09 11:05:44AM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Rampage beats Rashad
Machida beats Rampage
Forrest beats Machida

Don't see Forrest beating Machida... I would imagine the rematch will be for the #1 contender spot (Forrest / Rampage that is)
mkiv9secsupra
3/9/09 11:09:54AM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Rampage beats Rashad
Machida beats Rampage
Forrest beats Machida

Don't see Forrest beating Machida... I would imagine the rematch will be for the #1 contender spot (Forrest / Rampage that is)

either way, cant wait to see it
JimiMak
3/9/09 5:11:11PM
and AGAIN Machida gets screwed. He'll beat them all in the next two years anyway.
cmill21
3/9/09 5:18:18PM

Posted by JimiMak

and AGAIN Machida gets screwed. He'll beat them all in the next two years anyway.

I don't think he's getting screwed, he just needs to fight an actual top 10.
GSPVSSILVA
3/9/09 6:04:07PM

Rashad is going to get cocky and start reaching and Rampage will land an upercut and put him on his back and GnP him for the tko.

sounds about right. i predict Rashad doing well in the first couple rounds and getting to comfortable and cocky, and going in for a combination and then getting countered with a swooping hook by rampage. same way he did with Liddell and Silva. But if rampage can't get a knock out and it goes to decision, i believe evans will win it.
JimiMak
3/9/09 8:53:14PM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by JimiMak

The last fight was supposed to legitimize him, and was top ten talking UFC not world, all of the other top 5 are on one and two fight win streaks. He's not only beaten a bunch of great ppl impressively but has the streak and is the one rising not receding nor staying stagnant. If you don't give him the shot you give him one of the other guys for a #1 shot, only problem there is Dana has said he has the shot if he wins his last two matches. Between recent losses and lackluster performances noone deserves it more than him. Period.
NatedawgThaM
3/10/09 12:43:24PM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by JimiMak

I agree, he definitely hasn't beat a top 10 maybe ppl had Thiago at 8 or 9 like me but I think he needs to beat somebody on the top 10 from the 6 or up. I think he needs to beat Jardine, Forrest, or Wandy to get up their, maybe Hendo possibly after Bisping. Somebody with a name. Tito was good, Thiago was good, but I think he needs somebody above average good.

Not saying he don't deserve it, but Rampage beating Jardine and Wandy has him over him IMO. But he defintely deserves it over anybody else. Just saying he's not really screwed too bad. I wanna see him fight Vera as a tune up match for the winner of this fight dammit!!
JimiMak
3/11/09 4:58:39PM
And NOW the shot FINALLY goes to Machida.
bls1919
3/11/09 5:24:00PM
Hell yeah, Lyoto is going to school Rashad.