What's next for Randy?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » What's next for Randy?
Next Page »
Drewsiph
3/4/07 1:38:44AM
What happens now... omg that was huge
hathcock32
3/4/07 1:41:55AM
Crazy at it sounds.....Probably will be Cro Cop?? Im convinced that Randy can beat anyone. Wow what a night for Captain America. Ive never watched the clock in the 5th round like that just waiting for time to tick...GO RANDY!!
Playground_Samurai
3/4/07 1:51:28AM
Dana confirmed in his radio interview last week that the winner of CC/Gonzaga would go on to fight the winner of Couture/Sylvia for the HW title.
Ydoc
3/4/07 2:00:05AM
That fight is so much more exciting now that randy is in the picture. My only regret is now we don't get to see Tim get his head knocked off.
farcode
3/4/07 2:19:24AM
Randy vs Cro Cop
BionicIng
3/4/07 2:23:49AM
i think that if randy can close on crocop he stands a really good chance
MMAinstinct
3/4/07 2:27:24AM
I will not count out randy against CC, if he could get close to crocop, randy will win and he won me alot money on my wagers!!!

WWAAARRR randy your are my hero!!!
SteedTheDeed
3/4/07 4:23:27AM
what a great fight
Rampage_Soldier
3/4/07 4:56:43AM
I agree. Against Mirko, it won't be as easy as it looked against Tim. I'll still bet on Captain

Posted by SteedTheDeed

what a great fight

Stickan
3/4/07 6:12:29AM
That's a fight I won't bet on but I doubt if Barnett can't handle Mirko that Couture can.
I'll pick CC but won't bet on it.
bloodchokemma
3/4/07 8:35:55AM
That was the greatest fight I have seen. Couture was awesome.
In the post fight interview he said he planned to bob from the jab he did it to perfection. I haven't see that when he fought Chuck.

I gave Couture 0 % chance of winning and he won. Man did he prove me wrong.
madmarck
3/4/07 9:22:34AM

Posted by gspfan

Dana confirmed in his radio interview last week that the winner of CC/Gonzaga would go on to fight the winner of Couture/Sylvia for the HW title.

Shittay. Thats the one reason i didnt want Randy to beat tim. I dont want to see him get his head taken off by a LHK. But if Randy can beat Cro Cop like he did to Rizzo back in the day............ he might just prove he is a top HW.
Remember Rizzo Couture 1? Randy took so many leg kicks it was sickening. Apparently he had to have months of pyshio threapy after to make them right. i think Randy has a chance against CC.
dstlvb
3/4/07 9:23:34AM
I think Cro Cop will be a much harder matchup for Randy. Randy came out throwing punches and combonations i have never seen him use before, and obviosly niether has TIm. Is it just me or do the Miltech fighters not seem to be able to adjust there gameplan when an opponet changes it up on them. I dont think he will be able to beat Chuck, but it is now a real possibilty for a matchup.
bayonetxwork
3/4/07 1:11:36PM

Posted by Ydoc

That fight is so much more exciting now that randy is in the picture. My only regret is now we don't get to see Tim get his head knocked off.

Im thinking CC should fight Sylvia and the winner gets a rematch.

But omg, randy is seriously my hero now. That was nothing short of incredible.
madmarck
3/4/07 1:22:01PM

Posted by bayonetxwork
Im thinking CC should fight Sylvia and the winner gets a rematch.

But omg, randy is seriously my hero now. That was nothing short of incredible.

You mean that was nothing short of Randy Couture.
Svartorm
3/4/07 7:44:57PM
Definitely one the coolest fights ever. I'm going to have a hard time betting against him with Cro-cop, but I still give it to CC. Hopefully it'll be a good fight though.
gimmper
3/4/07 7:50:44PM
Am I the only one who thought that the fight was an absolute sleeper...Some of you are easily entertained...Get off your hero soap box and call them like they are..It's time for a real Champ...All this fight did was prove how weak the heavyweight division is...Ice man needs to step up in weight class and knock Conture out again...Hold 2 belts simantaneously...yeah that's it....2 belts
Svartorm
3/4/07 8:23:07PM
Lay off the condescending bullshit.

The fight was exciting because most people didn't think Randy stood a decent chance of winning, and he completely tooled Big Tim. He isn't an exciting fighter usually, but his technique is so impeccable, it makes it a good fight.
gimmper
3/4/07 8:30:49PM
I agree with that...statement well put...and in that context, I meant no insult...I only thirst for the best of the best to finally start fighting. If a 45 year old man is UFC's heavyweight champion then I question where all the young bucks are...So many gluttons out there that I won't except this as being the best there is. I humble say this not meaning to offend only enlighten. Thank you
nate22
3/4/07 8:41:31PM

Posted by gimmper

I agree with that...statement well put...and in that context, I meant no insult...I only thirst for the best of the best to finally start fighting. If a 45 year old man is UFC's heavyweight champion then I question where all the young bucks are...So many gluttons out there that I won't except this as being the best there is. I humble say this not meaning to offend only enlighten. Thank you

The UFC is still a young sport, only now will see a surge in the number of younger guys getting into fighting. I know there are alot of young guys, but the prospects are increasing at such a pace that there will no doubt be a huge influx of fighters in the future.

At the end of the day there is no American fighter at HW who deserves the title more than Couture, thats why he got the shot. None of these gluttons you mention have earn't the shot and those who have have stepped up and shown they are not capable or have the heart and determination that Couture has to come back at 45 and win a fight in such a manner.

Like it or not Tim Slyvia was the top American MMA HW, he had a legit record with a number of write home about wins and Randy tooled him, so he is now the best, that's how it works. The young guns are on there way in droves, I can guarantee you that, you seem to have a hard on for Randy..?
Svartorm
3/4/07 8:42:44PM
I think Tim getting dumped signals the end of the woes in the HW division. With the number of guys who have come in since he was champ, I can't imagine him ever getting his title back, which I think is good for the sport.
gimmper
3/4/07 8:54:13PM
I have nothing against Conture...I have all the respect in the world...I know people are excited...but something in me is uneasy. The heavyweight champ holds a distictive ring..the heavyweight champ should be an animal that has never been beat so many times...I want a champ that is consistently winning and not only winning but destroying...a champ that invokes fear when he enters the ring...Fedor has that in pride...In UfC Iceman has that respect...The heavyweight champ should be the one with it...Randy is great and overcome all odds. Just an uneasy feeling
SteedTheDeed
3/5/07 12:31:06AM
now cro cop stands in his way, i want randy to pull it off.
Nacho
3/5/07 12:50:57AM

Posted by gimmper

Am I the only one who thought that the fight was an absolute sleeper...Some of you are easily entertained...Get off your hero soap box and call them like they are..It's time for a real Champ...All this fight did was prove how weak the heavyweight division is...Ice man needs to step up in weight class and knock Conture out again...Hold 2 belts simantaneously...yeah that's it....2 belts

In a word... yes. You were the only one. Check your pulse and get to a doctor. We are all worried for you. Part of the fun of that fight was the underdog story. Couture is Sea Biscuit, Rudy, Bradock and Rocky Balboa all rolled into one cool ass package of a dude. How can you not be entertained by the Natural?
hathcock32
3/5/07 1:37:10AM

Posted by gimmper

I have nothing against Conture...I have all the respect in the world...I know people are excited...but something in me is uneasy. The heavyweight champ holds a distictive ring..the heavyweight champ should be an animal that has never been beat so many times...I want a champ that is consistently winning and not only winning but destroying...a champ that invokes fear when he enters the ring...Fedor has that in pride...In UfC Iceman has that respect...The heavyweight champ should be the one with it...Randy is great and overcome all odds. Just an uneasy feeling

Worst post in history. If u thaught the fight was boring, you're not a true fan IMO. Everyone i knew was standing up the whole fight in amazement and what was transpiring in the fight. We were speechless. Tim was a good champ.
madmarck
3/5/07 6:47:12AM

Posted by hathcock32

Posted by gimmper

Worst post in history. If u thaught the fight was boring, you're not a true fan IMO. Everyone i knew was standing up the whole fight in amazement and what was transpiring in the fight. We were speechless. Tim was a good champ.

I think he was talking about Tim's 2 decision wins prior to fighting Randy. There is no way he can think the last title fight was boring.
MartyMorgy
3/5/07 7:18:06AM
I thought Randy vs Sylvia was boring, the actual fight that is, the other factors in the fight on the other hand were exciting, me hating Tim and wanting him to lose. In terms of a five round fight, 25 minutes, not much happened. The first round was one punch then nothing. Round three was ok but other than that there wasn't a whole lot. Btw, a takedown doesn't make me jump up and down like it does the audience for some reason.

I could never re-watch this fight, it would be horribly boring. The excitement came from wanting Randy to Win and Tim to lose. When Randy was holding Tim for 4 1/2 minutes in Round 1 I wasn't standing on my feet I was looking at the clock hoping for it to go faster.

If this was two unknown people fighting it would have been an absolutely horrible fight. The only reason it was partially exciting was the hope that Randy could win which I would have felt the same enjoyment from just being told that Randy had won the fight afterwards than having watched the fight.

Rating the fight in terms of action, coming close to finishing, etc. I give it a 3. Randy winning doesn't all of the sudden take something that was bad and make it good, it was what it was, it just makes me like the result not the fight.
madmarck
3/5/07 7:22:13AM
clearly you like the brutaility side of MMA over Technique.
MartyMorgy
3/5/07 7:38:53AM

Posted by madmarck

clearly you like the brutaility side of MMA over Technique.

First of all, brutality and technique are not mutually exclusive. Secondly, that statement would be far off the mark. I love great technique but I prefer that a fighter uses great technique in trying to reach a certain end, to finish or inflict damage upon an opponent. Using great technique to hold position and ride out a fight is not good.

When Randy had Tim's back for 4 1/2 minutes, what techniques were being utilized besides Randy maintaining?. All they did was some handfighting for advantage. I guess Randy tried the RNC a couple of times but was that 4 1/2 minute crammed full of great technique? maybe, but it was definitely not used to press the action.
seeger1
3/5/07 10:41:55AM
I was happy for Randy and sad for Tim at the same time.What an achievement for Randy to regain the HW Title.I don't understand Tim getting hammered all the time by so called MMA fans.The guy was just trying to hold onto his title.Thats where all the fighters in his division want to be,nothing wrong with him wanting to stay there.It's as much down to his previous opponents that some of his fights were not that eye catching.Randy found a way to beat Tim and fair play to him on that one.Its a shame Tim gets hammered because his previous opponents were not up to it.
As for the Randy - Tim fight,it wasn't a classic.People think it was a superb match because it was the hero,Randy against public enemy no1 Tim.Tim got caught early in the first round by a punch and then protected his neck for the rest of the round.Any other two fighters and people would of been begging for the fight to be stood up.From there on,Tim looked to have froze while Randy like in his first fight with Chuck did a great job standing and trading before taking it to the ground.I love the guy but i can't see Randy holding the title long.I think he will do well to defend it once.As for Tim,this loss will kill him.I expect the Maniac to be back very soon and hopefully do his fans proud again by kicking some ass.
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
Pages: [1] 2