UFC's 'Rampage' Jackson: 'Shogun' rematch delayed to due to double-knee surgery

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC's 'Rampage' Jackson: 'Shogun' rematch delayed to due to double-knee surgery
BuffaloDave
3/15/12 3:01:38PM
The recently announced rematch between Quinton "Rampage" Jackson (32-10 MMA, 7-4 UFC) and Mauricio "Shogun" Rua (20-6 MMA, 4-4 UFC) apparently will have to wait.

Earlier this week, UFC officials announced that the fighters, who first met in PRIDE in 2005, would rematch sometime this summer.

But "Rampage" today said the fight is on hold because he has to undergo surgery on both knees.

"2 keep it real,the Shogun fight will have 2 wait,I just found out that I have 2 get surgery on both knees," Jackson tweeted. "But I heal fast don't trip."

UFC officials have no made formal announcement, and MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) could not immediately reach them for comment. Additionally, Jackson gave no timeframe for his recovery.

LINK
emfleek
3/15/12 3:12:39PM
...and there you have it.

RAMPAGE'S POTENTIAL LIST OF EXCUSES FOR LOSING TO SHOGUN
8 - All he wanted to do was hold me down.
9 - The UFC doesn't want to match me up with someone I can beat.
10 - I had double knee surgery.
11 - I ate some bad fish.
12 - His breath knocked me out.

Poor_Franklin
3/15/12 3:20:18PM
sucks knowing i'll only see Shogun fight once this year.
airkerma
3/15/12 3:25:10PM
How long is little nog out for? Maybe shogun vs little nog could work and then leave enough turn around time for shogun to then fight rampage (unless nog literally kills him or seriously injures him).
Twenty20Dollars
3/15/12 3:44:38PM

Posted by airkerma

How long is little nog out for? Maybe shogun vs little nog could work and then leave enough turn around time for shogun to then fight rampage (unless nog literally kills him or seriously injures him).

They should find Shogun a new opponent or like you have it Shogun vs Lil Nog.

Or Lil Nog vs Rampage, both coming off injuries.

This way Shogun doesn't have to wait to fight.
postman
3/15/12 4:17:47PM
I don't reallly even want to see this fight all that bad. I say figure out a way to set up the King Mo Rampage fight.
FastKnockout
3/15/12 4:39:55PM
Where's Franklin at? Let him step in for Rampage.
shaneTpain
3/15/12 4:53:47PM

Posted by FastKnockout

Where's Franklin at? Let him step in for Rampage.

that'd be a good scrap!
n yeh.. Where the crap is Franklin? He go back to teaching?
Chael_Sonnen
3/15/12 5:33:22PM
After weighing 250lbs for the Bader fight, I can see why he's having surgery on both knees.
UFC_Fanatic
3/15/12 6:50:17PM
As much as I hate to say it, especially given the fact that he was at one point a top 3 elite LHW, but I really don't care to see Rampage fight anymore. He never seems to fight with any sense of urgency at all. It really sucks to say this, but I wouldn't be too upset if the UFC just gave him his walking papers and sent him riding off into the sunset. I understand that the UFC still wants to make money off of his name and former glory one more time, but he has been very lethargic in all his fights since he beat Jardine, and he really hasn't been performing at a level that warrants a main card spot. He seems to be just taking up space on otherwise great cards.
Boo_Radley21
3/16/12 2:50:47AM
He should have waited until after the fight to get his knee surgeries...Shogun is gonna rip those babies apart
pmoney
3/16/12 8:35:13AM
The funny thing is, I bet Zuffa's insurance is going to pay for those procedures. What a terrible promotion! I'd be looking for fights elsewhere too.

VILLIN
3/16/12 10:38:11AM
Surgery is expensive, might as well be on the UFC's dime. Surprisingly smart move by Rampage. It still won't save him an ass whooping from Rua.
prozacnation1978
3/16/12 12:02:07PM
This fight won't happen till fall. Rampage may have to wait. Have shogun face rich Franklin this summer