I'm Pretty Excited About This

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » I'm Pretty Excited About This
BlueSkiesBurn
8/31/11 8:24:17PM
Obviously I can't share on the forums where this will be taking place, but I (my co-host got him) managed to land CBS's Gregg Doyel as a guest on my sports radio show.

For those of you who don't know who this is, it's a pretty big deal. I'm super jazzed about it & wanted to share it.
ncordless
8/31/11 8:31:08PM
Awesome!!
kopower
8/31/11 11:32:30PM
Congrats. You guys are doing great by the sounds of it.
BlueSkiesBurn
8/31/11 11:45:11PM
We had Scott Enyeart on tonight he's an FWAA member, former D-1 Football coach at UNLV, USC and Seahawks writer for SB Nation.
pmoney
9/1/11 5:48:32AM
Congrats bro, that's awesome! Doing big things.

In unrelated news, you came through and won our side bet. Well played on that as well!

Shawn91111
9/1/11 8:39:34AM
No offense but Doyle is a piece of crap and a good portion of people cant stand him to be honest.
BlueSkiesBurn
9/1/11 1:52:47PM

Posted by Shawn91111

No offense but Doyle is a piece of crap and a good portion of people cant stand him to be honest.

I'll be sure to take that in to account.

By all means, please let me know when your week consists of interviewing D-1 football coaches, CBS writers, and D-1 football players at major universities, though.
Shawn91111
9/1/11 7:27:30PM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by Shawn91111

By all means, please let me know when your week consists of interviewing D-1 football coaches, CBS writers, and D-1 football players at major universities, though.

So im not allowed to share my opinion with your excitement? People dont like Dolye, get over it.
BlueSkiesBurn
9/1/11 7:51:01PM

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by Shawn91111

So im not allowed to share my opinion with your excitement? People dont like Dolye, get over it.

The title of the thread was "I'm Pretty Excited About This," not "Please Come And Tell Me How Lame It Is."

There's not caring for someone as a writer and going out of your way to be a troll.

The only time you ever have an opinion is to express your negative thoughts about everything. Whether you like him or not, Gregg Doyel is still a big name in the sports world. He lands a lot of huge interviews and breaks a lot of stories.

Have you ever considered saying something like "I don't personally care for Doyel, but I can see why this is a big deal for an up-and-coming journalist?'

Do you see the difference between the two posts. You're so damn negative all the time about everything. It's like you thrive on ruining people's moments.

I never said you couldn't share your thoughts, but like I said, until you're out there landing interviews with athletes, fighters, trainers, coaches, and other journalists, I wouldn't be so quick to assume that landing interviews with anyone, even a disliked writer, is easy work.

You and other people may not like Doyel, but he's got a huge following and finished second in the AP Sports Editors contest for Column Writing, so I'm thinking he's got some skills whether or not you, or anyone else, like the guy. Sometimes the most disliked people in journalism are the hardest to land for interviews because they don't want to deal with the criticism.

You started your post out with "no offense," but then proceeded to just be plain negative.
Shawn91111
9/1/11 9:07:17PM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by Shawn91111

The title of the thread was "I'm Pretty Excited About This," not "Please Come And Tell Me How Lame It Is."

There's not caring for someone as a writer and going out of your way to be a troll.

The only time you ever have an opinion is to express your negative thoughts about everything. Whether you like him or not, Gregg Doyel is still a big name in the sports world. He lands a lot of huge interviews and breaks a lot of stories.

Have you ever considered saying something like "I don't personally care for Doyel, but I can see why this is a big deal for an up-and-coming journalist?'

Do you see the difference between the two posts. You're so damn negative all the time about everything. It's like you thrive on ruining people's moments.

I never said you couldn't share your thoughts, but like I said, until you're out there landing interviews with athletes, fighters, trainers, coaches, and other journalists, I wouldn't be so quick to assume that landing interviews with anyone, even a disliked writer, is easy work.

You and other people may not like Doyel, but he's got a huge following and finished second in the AP Sports Editors contest for Column Writing, so I'm thinking he's got some skills whether or not you, or anyone else, like the guy. Sometimes the most disliked people in journalism are the hardest to land for interviews because they don't want to deal with the criticism.

You started your post out with "no offense," but then proceeded to just be plain negative.

So what was the point of your thread, to have pats on the backs and good goings, way to go? I never once mentioned his skills as a writer

Not everything in life is candy and rainbows and if you didnt want anyones opinion on the matter then why bother starting a thread?

Maybe you should reread some of my posts that dont have you in them to see if I post something negative or not.
BlueSkiesBurn
9/1/11 9:21:39PM

Posted by Shawn91111

So what was the point of your thread, to have pats on the backs and good goings, way to go? I never once mentioned his skills as a writer

Not everything in life is candy and rainbows and if you didnt want anyones opinion on the matter then why bother starting a thread?

Maybe you should reread some of my posts that dont have you in them to see if I post something negative or not.

No, the point of this thread was to share it those individuals I consider to be friends that might not have Facebook or Twitter.

Here's an alternative thought process, "if you don't have anything nice to say, just don't say anything." That's my point, you are negative with me, ever since I ignored your PM request to join your fight camp because you trashed my camp-mates in your request.

You're a generally negative person to people you don't like. I don't care if you don't like me. Personally, I don't care what you think about me, so try not posting on my threads at all if you're just gonna troll.
Shawn91111
9/1/11 9:33:21PM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by Shawn91111

No, the point of this thread was to share it those individuals I consider to be friends that might not have Facebook or Twitter.

Here's an alternative thought process, "if you don't have anything nice to say, just don't say anything." That's my point, you are negative with me, ever since I ignored your PM request to join your fight camp because you trashed my camp-mates in your request.

You're a generally negative person to people you don't like. I don't care if you don't like me. Personally, I don't care what you think about me, so try not posting on my threads at all if you're just gonna troll.

First off, you dont even know me, at all. I asked you to join my camp a year and half ago and never said one word about your campmates, at all. I have not been negative with you, other than having discussions about college basketball and such. I mentioned my dislike for a sports writer, big deal, its not a troll job at all, so whether you like it or not threads are open to opinions. If you didnt want one then PM said friends the information. Everyone who doesnt share your excitement on matters is not trolling sorry to say.
BlueSkiesBurn
9/1/11 9:36:20PM

Posted by Shawn91111

First off, you dont even know me, at all. I asked you to join my camp a year and half ago and never said one word about your campmates, at all. I have not been negative with you, other than having discussions about college basketball and such. I mentioned my dislike for a sports writer, big deal, its not a troll job at all, so whether you like it or not threads are open to opinions. If you didnt want one then PM said friends the information. Everyone who doesnt share your excitement on matters is not trolling sorry to say.

Really

Shawn91111
To: BlueSkiesBurn
Subject: Fight Camp
How happy are you with Sabotage. I mean come on, DcRage is your leader after all it cannot be that good. Anyhow what would you think about joining Dark Horse. We always content with the LHW badge and can make your pick % and wagers better. Because well they do need it
Shawn91111
9/1/11 9:37:39PM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by Shawn91111

Really

Shawn91111
How happy are you with Sabotage. I mean come on, DcRage is your leader after all it cannot be that good. Anyhow what would you think about joining Dark Horse. We always content with the LHW badge and can make your pick % and wagers better. Because well they do need it

Show me the trashing
BlueSkiesBurn
9/1/11 9:39:26PM

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by Shawn91111

Really

Shawn91111

Show me the trashing

Shawn91111
9/1/11 9:41:24PM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by Shawn91111

Really

Shawn91111

Show me the trashing

Thats it? Thats what you call trashing your "campmates"? Whats been said about DcRage on the open forums is 100x worse than that could ever be.
BlueSkiesBurn
9/1/11 9:50:38PM

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by Shawn91111

Really

Shawn91111

Show me the trashing

Thats it? Thats what you call trashing your "campmates"? Whats been said about DcRage on the open forums is 100x worse than that could ever be.

My point being is that you're a negative person. Just let it go, man. Just because you have an opinion doesn't always mean that you need to express it. I respect the fact that you're allowed to have one, but you seem to love to express the negative ones instead of keeping it to yourself and saying "I'm not going to bother commenting on this post."

Just MY opinion. Yes, I consider someone saying "you have so and so, it can't be THAT good." It's the fallacy of composition, you're saying that because DCRage (who is no longer even in the camp) is a member, it can't be that any good despite the fact that Jae_1833, Emfleek, Gartface, Ordep, FlashyG, postman, gspfan, lohmann, Cowcatcher, and RyanC are also members.

One member does not make or break a camp.
Shawn91111
9/1/11 9:55:57PM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by Shawn91111

Really

Shawn91111

Show me the trashing

My point being is that you're a negative person. Just let it go, man. Just because you have an opinion doesn't always mean that you need to express it. I respect the fact that you're allowed to have one, but you seem to love to express the negative ones instead of keeping it to yourself and saying "I'm not going to bother commenting on this post."

Just MY opinion. Yes, I consider someone saying "you have so and so, it can't be THAT good." It's the fallacy of composition, you're saying that because DCRage (who is no longer even in the camp) is a member, it can't be that any good despite the fact that Jae_1833, Emfleek, Gartface, Ordep, FlashyG, postman, gspfan, lohmann, Cowcatcher, and RyanC are also members.

One member does not make or break a camp.

You read into things too much man, and thanks for the advice. I'll be sure to file it away
gartface
9/2/11 9:08:17AM