I can't find this picture anywhere

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » I can't find this picture anywhere
Next Page »
MMA-San
6/21/12 9:31:08PM
And I really don't want to make a sherdog account to ask for it...

So I saw a demotivational poster that showed Hendo in some bar hitting on some chick, and some guy looking as if he was going to pick a fight with Hendo over the chick. It read something along the lines of "Cauliflower Ear...look for it before you pick a bar fight."

I thought this would be a reletivly easy find but after two hours of searching I've come up dry...help me out?
mrsmiley
6/21/12 9:42:20PM
Don't know about that one.

I know he almost had an altercation in a bar with this fellow though.

george112
6/21/12 9:49:27PM
Liddell would have got layed the hell out
Pookie
6/21/12 10:13:42PM

Posted by george112

pre-2006 maybe not.
pmoney
6/21/12 10:17:26PM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by george112

pre-2006 maybe not.

Just came to say that. 2012 Iceman would probably get KOed, but prime Iceman... Well, that's a dream fight I never knew I wanted!
kopower
6/21/12 10:38:21PM
Adrenaline
6/21/12 11:09:15PM

Posted by pmoney

Posted by Pookie

Posted by george112

pre-2006 maybe not.

Just came to say that. 2012 Iceman would probably get KOed, but prime Iceman... Well, that's a dream fight I never knew I wanted!

with both of you. Around the time that picture was taken I would have taken Chuck all day. Later in thier careers not so much. Big fan of both, wish that fight would have happened.
george112
6/21/12 11:22:54PM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by george112

pre-2006 maybe not.

I stand by it.

Stylistcally he would be a nightmare for liddell.

A strong wrestler with a powerful right hand and an iron jaw.

Perfect recipe for a liddell faceplant
FastKnockout
6/21/12 11:34:10PM

Posted by george112

Posted by Pookie

Posted by george112

pre-2006 not.

maybe

I stand by it.

You basically described prime chuck, too.
george112
6/21/12 11:37:20PM

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by george112

Posted by Pookie

Posted by george112

pre-2006 not.

maybe

I stand by it.

You basically described prime chuck, too.

Minus the strong wrestling.

He had phenomenal take down defense. Wouldn't call his wrestling on par with Henderson. Ala Couture
Pookie
6/21/12 11:47:18PM
I'd bet money that at anytime post 2004 Henderson would not be able to take down Chuck of that same time period, nonetheless maintain position.

I personally think Chuck would've outstruck him at his peak, as Dan really started to refine that power after Chuck started to decline.

george112
6/21/12 11:53:47PM

Posted by Pookie

I'd bet money that at anytime post 2004 Henderson would not be able to take down Chuck of that same time period, nonetheless maintain position.

I personally think Chuck would've outstruck him at his peak, as Dan really started to refine that power after Chuck started to decline.

Seriously!?

Not even maintain position!? That imo is a stretch.

Were just gonna have to agree to disagree regardless of how many people may agree with you
Pookie
6/22/12 12:03:35AM

Posted by george112

Posted by Pookie

Seriously!?

Were just gonna have to agree to disagree regardless of how many people may agree with you

Chuck was the hardest guy to wrestle down in the divisions history, short of like jon jones.
kopower
6/22/12 12:13:43AM
I'd have to take Chuck as well, in their primes. Would be a great fight, but I would question Dan's gas tank after round 2, if Chuck were able to survive. I agree that Chuck would have more than likely picked Dan apart, and defended most, if not all of Hendo's takedowns. Let's not forget, Liddell's chin was pretty damn solid back in the day.
george112
6/22/12 12:19:25AM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by george112

Posted by Pookie

Seriously!?

Chuck was the hardest guy to wrestle down in the divisions history, short of like jon jones.

Yet Couture could do it at almost 40!?
Adrenaline
6/22/12 12:32:37AM

Posted by george112

Posted by Pookie

Posted by george112

Posted by Pookie

Seriously!?

Weak arguement because you convienently disregard the last two fights where Liddell handled his wrestling just fine and knocked him out in brutal fashion. The first fight caught everyone by surprise, including Liddell. Nobody expected Couture to be able to do what he did, it could be argued that Chuck didn't take it seriously because this was when he was on his epic rise and running through everyone and Randy was coming off of two losses and was pretty much run out of the heavyweight division.

Pookie
6/22/12 12:45:58AM
Couture is a better MMA-Greco-wrestler than Henderson. And Chuck grew better as time progressed where he could shut down that aspect of Coutures game entirely.
george112
6/22/12 12:51:41AM

Posted by Adrenaline

Posted by george112

Posted by Pookie

Posted by george112

Posted by Pookie

Seriously!?

Weak arguement because you convienently disregard the last two fights where Liddell handled his wrestling just fine and knocked him out in brutal fashion. The first fight caught everyone by surprise, including Liddell. Nobody expected Couture to be able to do what he did, it could be argued that Chuck didn't take it seriously because this was when he was on his epic rise and running through everyone and Randy was coming off of two losses and was pretty much run out of the heavyweight division.

Alright first of all I didn't disregard anything.
Secondly this isn't an argument about his rise to fame or how he was running through everyone.

Thirdly look at both of there records pre 2004 they didnt really beat anyone special.

Chuck had Couture twice. Also Tito . That's it.

Overeem maybe you could make an argument that he was a force. Vernon White?? Come on. Got murdered by Rampage.

Only guy to test liddells wrestling was Tito and randy.
Guy maybe you could make an argument for

I've been watching this sport a very long time as I'm sure all of you have as well. To say I blatanly disregard facts to make my argument more valid is incorrect because to me this isn't even an argument. This is a forum where people come to post their opinions. I have dome so and so has pookie. I stated to agree to disagree. Obviously everyone doesn't think the same. Were both right in our own minds. Nothing wrong with that

It's amazing how much flak someone catches here for not thinking the same as a persona
george112
6/22/12 12:58:11AM

Posted by Pookie

Couture is a better MMA-Greco-wrestler than Henderson. And Chuck grew better as time progressed where he could shut down that aspect of Coutures game entirely.

Agreed.

However Couture never had the stand-up Henderson did nor the chin
Adrenaline
6/22/12 1:00:35AM

Posted by Pookie

Agreed, Henderson is a great wrestler but in my opinion has never used it to it's full potential, especially in his later years. Couture's clinch work/ wrestling has to be considered some of the best to have ever been used in MMA, I'm not talking about wrestling credentials etc, I'm talking about how he was able tie it all together and impliment it almost perfectly for so long. Randy figured out how to beat Liddell years before everyone else, he got off first on Chuck and didn't give him a chance to get in the game by mixing strike's and takedowns constantly. To Liddells credit he came back in the next two fights and shut out Randy brilliantly, something few people can do.
Adrenaline
6/22/12 1:06:07AM

Posted by george112

Posted by Pookie

Agreed.

Again, I disagree (not about the chin part). Couture has better standup than Henderson from a technical perspective, Randy had great movement for a wrestler and mixed in boxing well. Henderson does one thing, he throws bombs and certainly has more power than Randy but Liddell had some of the best counterstriking in the sport at that time, he would have picked Henderson apart as he waded in with overhands etc. You have to remember that Chuck is a pretty big LHW and Henderson is small for the division. Liddells reach and counters would have been enough to keep Henderson at bay.
Adrenaline
6/22/12 1:10:06AM

Posted by george112

To say I blatanly disregard facts to make my argument more valid is incorrect because to me this isn't even an argument.

You brought up one out of three fights with Couture to prove something about Chuck's takedown defense, I don't think anything I said was innapropriate. Couture took Chuck down (consistently) 1 out of 3 fights. Chuck nullified his wrestling 2 out of 3 fights. My point was that simple.
george112
6/22/12 1:11:46AM

Posted by Adrenaline

Posted by george112

Posted by Pookie

Agreed.

Again, I disagree (not about the chin part). Couture has better standup than Henderson from a technical perspective, Randy had great movement for a wrestler and mixed in boxing well. Henderson does one thing, he throws bombs and certainly has more power than Randy but Liddell had some of the best counterstriking in the sport at that time, he would have picked Henderson apart as he waded in with overhands etc. You have to remember that Chuck is a pretty big LHW and Henderson is small for the division. Liddells reach and counters would have been enough to keep Henderson at bay.

Couture 7 tkos
Henderson 13 tkos

Who was more effective with the striking?
Adrenaline
6/22/12 1:18:28AM

Posted by george112

Posted by Adrenaline

Posted by george112

Posted by Pookie

Agreed.

Couture 7 tkos
Henderson 13 tkos

Was that supposed to prove anything? If you don't understand that effective striking means more than how many tko's you have on your record than I don't know that there is any point in debating with you.

At the time Liddell retired he had more wins by TKO/KO than Henderson, but does that really mean anything? Not really.

george112
6/22/12 1:35:11AM

Posted by Adrenaline

Posted by george112

Posted by Adrenaline

Posted by george112

Posted by Pookie

Agreed.

Couture 7 tkos
Henderson 13 tkos

Was that supposed to prove anything? If you don't understand that effective striking means more than how many tko's you have on your record than I don't know that there is any point in debating with you.

At the time Liddell retired he had more wins by TKO/KO than Henderson, but does that really mean anything? Not really.

Obviously Hendersons striking was utilized more effectively if he won more fights with his striking

A tko means you won with strikes. Cut and dry

Now ground and pound is a different animal all together because you actually had to hold the person down and strike. Couture was better at that then Henderson. And a lot of his tkos came from that.

Henderson on the other hand knocks people out.

How hard is that to grasp? Not very imo.
Because Couture utilizes dirty boxing and is more technical as you say does not by any means mean he is a superior striker
george112
6/22/12 2:01:02AM
Also I really don't mean to sound condescending

This is all In good fun adrenaline
KungFuMaster
6/22/12 2:11:12AM
I'm still waiting for the picture. *eats popcorn*
FlashyG
6/22/12 2:11:20AM

Posted by george112

Obviously Hendersons striking was utilized more effectively if he won more fights with his striking

Having more power doesn't necessarily make you a better or more effective striker.

Randy landed more accurately, more frequently and got hit less often than Hendo but lacked Hendo's chin and insane power in his right hand.

Jeremy Stephens has 14 ko's to BJ Penn's 7...Which one is the better striker?
george112
6/22/12 2:28:01AM

Posted by FlashyG

Posted by george112

Having more power doesn't necessarily make you a better or more effective striker.

Randy landed more accurately, more frequently and got hit less often than Hendo but lacked Hendo's chin and insane power in his right hand.

Jeremy Stephens has 14 ko's to BJ Penn's 7...Which one is the better striker?

I agree.

Well Jeremy has more kos so I'd have to go with Stephens in terms of his striking has won him more fights than penns has.

I have to ask then what makes BJ the better striker?

Getting hit less? Being more accurate? Yes I guess so.

I'm only coming from the angle that someone's striking has won them more fights than someone else. That's all

Bisping was the supposed better technical striker. Look what happened. Chuck was the supposed better striker rampage tore him up.

I get what everyone is saying I really do. I just think we are looking at it slightly different

Nothing wrong with that. I respect everyones opinion the same
Adrenaline
6/22/12 2:51:49AM

Posted by george112

Also I really don't mean to sound condescending

This is all In good fun adrenaline

Ha ha no worries george112, I don't take anything personal, we were just having a friendly discussion. Also I'm known to let my inner Chuck Liddell fanboy out of its cage once in awhile. Thanks for the discussion.
Pages: [1] 2