I'm The One Person In America...

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » I'm The One Person In America...
The_Italian_Stallion
8/20/08 7:41:31PM
Who liked Never Back Down.

I know shocking right, an MMA fan who like that movie, well there's at least one which makes me a minority.

I mean it's not the best movie by far but it made me laugh, it made me want to watch it, it had some good workout things. In my opinion that's a good movie. It also had a good plot and good character development. And it had like the hottest girl I've ever seen in a movie (including Megan Fox in Transformers)!

The fight scenes were a bit cheesy and drawn out but it's Hollywood. If they made the fights like they are in real life the Average Joe isn't going to find what we MMA fans find in the fights. Especially if they put in like a Lyoto Machida or Sean Sherk type fight with the somewhat boring styles.

The one problem I had was the scene where they were in his room "wrestling" I was embarrassed for them. I was alone in the house and worried that someone would walk in and see me watching that I was so embarrassed.

So not the best movie but not as bad as some of my friend's had me thinking it would be... So what did you guys think of the movie?
bigbubbano23
8/20/08 8:05:30PM
i have to say i want to see it so i can know how bad it is. but i promised myself i would not contribute any money towards that film, in hope that they will not be tempted to make another one. The only reason this movie was created was the writer strike.
D0wnUnd6e6r
8/20/08 8:11:29PM
based on my personal opinion... it was a complete waste of time and a piece of trash
dannyfrank
8/20/08 8:28:07PM
you're not the only mma fan to like the movie. i liked it and so did my friend who watches mma
jiujitsufreak74
8/20/08 8:29:36PM
i made myself throw up in the theater just to make a statement. i died a little when i saw this movie ad i hope my puke stinks up the theater that i was tortured in for all of eternity.
iwannabesedated
8/20/08 8:57:48PM
I havent seen it..But im sure its better than you got served or step up or any other annoying dance movie...a few of my buddies who are mma fans seen it and said it wasnt that bad..I seen some parts of it and it didnt look to bad maybe alittle over the top with the fight scenes but what movie really isnt over the top...I was watching doomsday the other day with my friend and their driving a sweet ass bentley and you got people on dirt bikes and beat down cars somehow keeping up with the sweet ass bentley im like WTF.
holt8081
8/20/08 9:17:28PM
I have not seen it and judgeing by the previews I dont want to
misses1112
8/20/08 9:21:03PM
i haven't seen the movie, but the best thing that about it so far was a bunch of the UG crowd conspiring to show up to the premiers decked out in gis and vale tudo shorts to see if they could give the lord of the rings/harry potter/star wars fans a run for their money
Sam_Rothstein
8/20/08 9:36:20PM
Theres a lot of people who actually liked this movie so you are not alone.

You definately are in the minority when it comes to the playground though.

I hated it
SpiderSilva
8/20/08 9:43:23PM
It was bad vary vary bad
gravy13
8/20/08 10:01:02PM
It is to MMA what "The Fast and The Furious" was to Street Car Racing.

I unfortunately saw it. It is definitely a shitty and very predictable movie, but by far not the worst I've ever seen.
Copenhagen
8/20/08 11:05:57PM
If you need a reason to watch it...the girl was ******* fine.
Naturaldisaster
8/20/08 11:22:50PM
Its my favorite movie! I loved it
Aaronno9
8/20/08 11:53:41PM
I was going to watch it, but it seems like most mma fans really hated it so i decided against watching it.
Naturaldisaster
8/20/08 11:58:27PM
I loved never back down.
I thought Redbelt was horrible, from what I saw of it. I couldnt even watch the whole thing cuz it sucked. no wonder it wasnt in theaters everywhere.
and the worst MMA movie Ive seen is this movie I found at Hollywood video called Maximum cage fighting. I watched it because it was about mma, but the acting was horrible, it looked fake as hell, and the production was terrible. so i would much rather watch Never back down than any other mma movie made so far
Mayhem13
8/21/08 12:19:14AM
it was predictable, and not that great for the sport.

but It was entertaining, and wasnt as bad as people made it out to be...also tried to teach that martial arts is more of a discipline than a way to kick ass....but that kind of got lost in the fight/partys/chicks...
loller90278
8/21/08 12:34:19AM

Posted by gravy13

I unfortunately saw it. It is definitely a shitty and very predictable movie, but by far not the worst I've ever seen.

my thoughts exactly. it's like fast and the furious meets bloodsport.

what i hated more than their portrayal of MMA was their portrayal of teenagers in high school. it was just really, really bad.
Ben_Hutch
8/21/08 1:53:46AM
I've only seen adverts, but I'm guessing this is what happens:

Bad guy has hot (and nice) girl
Bad guy beats good guy early on
Good guy and hot girl get along
Good guy builds his way up
Good guy beats bad guy and wins hot girl over.
Sam_Rothstein
8/21/08 2:49:47AM

Posted by Ben_Hutch

I've only seen adverts, but I'm guessing this is what happens:

Bad guy has hot (and nice) girl
Bad guy beats good guy early on
Good guy and hot girl get along
Good guy builds his way up
Good guy beats bad guy and wins hot girl over.

HOLY CRAP!! DID YOU WRITE THIS MOVIE???
TimW001
8/21/08 2:51:37AM
It wasn't that bad. I really doubt anyone took it seriously and gave any poor stigma to MMA and MMA fans. Does anyone think that people in the OC or Fast adn the Furious act like that? And if you believe it, you may be an idiot.
gravy13
8/22/08 10:10:51PM

Posted by loller90278

Posted by gravy13

my thoughts exactly. it's like fast and the furious meets bloodsport.

what i hated more than their portrayal of MMA was their portrayal of teenagers in high school. it was just really, really bad.

Seriously. The worst part for me was when the bad guy (I forget his name) got slapped by his dad in front of his friends.

Actually, wait, scratch that, that was the best part.
bigbubbano23
8/23/08 3:10:59AM
everyday 2 out of 7 americans are diagnosed with BT (Bad Taste). If your or a loved one have tested positive for BT consult a phycisian immediatly.( you may be entitled to a large cash sum)
you may be asking yourself how will i know if i have BT?
1. you enjoyed the movie never back down
2. you started a post about how you enjoyed never back down
3.you have responed in a positive tone in this post towards never back down
DCRage
8/23/08 7:50:40AM
Havent' seen it yet and if I do, I think I'll wait until it's on TV so I don't have to pay to see it.
casey64
8/23/08 4:30:32PM
I liked it.