If you're 21 or older: Top 5 favorite beers?

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » If you're 21 or older: Top 5 favorite beers?
Next Page »
Theoutlaw08
7/18/11 11:49:47AM
Hey everyone.....another boring day at work for me. I figured I would get away a little bit and stuff a Top 5 forum.....favorite beers, lets hear em....

5. Milwaukee's Best
4. Rolling Rock
3. Coors LITE
2. Corona Lite (w/Lime)
1. Miller High Life
FlashyG
7/18/11 12:40:33PM
In Canada you can drink at 18 or 19 depending on where you live so you might get some younger than 21 in this thread.

My Top 5.

Carlsberg
Corona
Moosehead
Tankhouse
Stella
emfleek
7/18/11 12:52:52PM
Newcastle
Honey Moon
Dos Equis
Guinness

HONORABLE MENTION: Pabst Blue Ribbon, Busch Light
emfleek
7/18/11 12:53:36PM

Posted by Theoutlaw08

5. Milwaukee's Best
4. Rolling Rock
3. Coors LITE
2. Corona Lite (w/Lime)
1. Miller High Life

Add Sierra Nevada and you've just listed my most hated beers.
Theoutlaw08
7/18/11 12:56:31PM

Posted by FlashyG

In Canada you can drink at 18 or 19 depending on where you live so you might get some younger than 21 in this thread.

True, didnt even think of that.
Theoutlaw08
7/18/11 12:58:11PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by Theoutlaw08

5. Milwaukee's Best
4. Rolling Rock
3. Coors LITE
2. Corona Lite (w/Lime)
1. Miller High Life

Funny thing is I actually like SN....there aren't many beers I dislike.....I would say i dislike any Bud products and Guinness.
emfleek
7/18/11 1:03:10PM

Posted by Theoutlaw08

Posted by emfleek

Posted by Theoutlaw08

5. Milwaukee's Best
4. Rolling Rock
3. Coors LITE
2. Corona Lite (w/Lime)
1. Miller High Life

Funny thing is I actually like SN....there aren't many beers I dislike.....I would say i dislike any Bud products and Guinness.

Crap. I can't believe I forgot Guinness. It would definitely replace PBR on my list.
pmoney
7/18/11 1:36:28PM
I don't drink much as much as I used to. Thank God. But here at my two Top Five Favorite Beers lists. Why two lists? One is for cheap beer, the other is for the good stuff

Cheap ****
5. Steel Reserve (211 y'all!)
4. Steel Kettle
3. Milwaukee's Beast, er, Best
2. Natural Ice (natty ice mother trucker!!!)
1. Pabst Blue Ribbon, king of cheap beers! We have some local bars out here that charge $1-$2 for cans of PBR. Not bad if you want to be social and get tanked for cheap!

The good ****
5. Newcastle
4. Stella Artois
3. Fat Tire
2. Heineken
1. Delirium Tremens

I feel like it's blasphemy to not say my favorite beer is Heineken.... but if you have not had Delirium Tremens.... go to BevMo, cop yourself one or two. They are about $5 a bottle, but they are about 8.5% alcoholic content. We're talking 211 range, and yet the taste is unlike anything else.

It's like a Stella, but with all kinds of flavors you can't identify. It's like... the taste bud equivalent of a tie dyed t-shirt's visual presence. If that makes any sense. I love grabbing a Delirium and a fine cigar.... Good times!
emfleek
7/18/11 1:41:02PM
Heineken is another beer I despise.

And PBR hasn't been cheap since it become popular amongst the hipster crowd. Around here, anyways.
FlashyG
7/18/11 1:48:33PM
Guinness would make my bottom 5, you shouldn't have to chew beer.
pmoney
7/18/11 1:51:43PM

Posted by emfleek

And PBR hasn't been cheap since it become popular amongst the hipster crowd. Around here, anyways.

Heineken seems to be the Tito Ortiz of beers. Loved or hated, with no middle ground. As for PBR and hipster association, I don't really see it where I am at. It's still about $5-$7 for a 12 pack out here, so you know the bars are getting it for cheaper, hence their ability to push them for a buck or two.

Needless to say, it's huge with the alcoholic crowd more than anything. Lol, that's just the trend I am seeing out here.

I don't dislike many beers.... but goddamn, Miller High Life has to be at the top of it! I am sorry Outlaw! Champagne of beers my ass.

Fleek, PBR where you are at must be how High Life is out here, because High Life is a religion out here. I don't get it. I'd rather drink a Miller Lite if I were forced too.

Edit: Great thread, Outlaw! I have reached my prop limit for the day, I'll hit you up tomorrow.

Also, for the record... Delirium Tremens is nothing like Stella, I don't know why the hell I compared the two. They are both Belgian Ales, but that is where the comparison ends. Delirium = Finest beer of all, in my opinion
Theoutlaw08
7/18/11 1:53:35PM

Posted by emfleek

PBR is still pretty cheap in Milwaukee. It was originally brewed here as well....that is one of my last resort beers.
kopower
7/18/11 2:36:51PM

Posted by Theoutlaw08

Hey everyone.....another boring day at work for me. I figured I would get away a little bit and stuff a Top 5 forum.....favorite beers, lets hear em....

5. Milwaukee's Best
4. Rolling Rock
3. Coors LITE
2. Corona Lite (w/Lime)
1. Miller High Life

Damn, except for the Corona, you'd be a cheap date outlaw

My top 5 are:

Michelob Golden Light
Corona
Leinenkugel's Sunset Wheat- probably my favorite
Grain Belt Nordeast or Premium.
Fat Tire
grappler0000
7/18/11 2:37:31PM

Posted by pmoney

I don't dislike many beers.... but goddamn, Miller High Life has to be at the top of it! I am sorry Outlaw! Champagne of beers my ass.

It's actually called the champagne of beers because of the carbonation, not anything to do with quality. While it is far from being on my favorites list, it's the best thing that Miller produces IMHO.
emfleek
7/18/11 2:58:26PM
When it comes to New Belgium brews...

1554 > Fat Tire

I personally think Fat Tire is overrated.
pmoney
7/18/11 3:01:12PM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by pmoney

It's actually called the champagne of beers because of the carbonation, not anything to do with quality. While it is far from being on my favorites list, it's the best thing that Miller produces IMHO.

Fun facts with Grappler0000! Haha, I wish I would have known that before my slanderous comment was made

Fleek, I've never tried 1554..... I'll give it a whirl.
cowcatcher
7/18/11 3:10:20PM

Posted by kopower

Michelob Golden Light

This beer has been determined, by a panel of my friends, to give people worse smelling farts the next day than any other beer, slightly edging Blatz.

This beer was banned from my parents' house, per my dad, during a cookout attended by some buddies and I after a night of drinking it.

You play with fire my friend.
emfleek
7/18/11 3:23:50PM

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by kopower

Michelob Golden Light

This beer has been determined, by a panel of my friends, to give people worse smelling farts the next day than any other beer, slightly edging Blatz.

This beer was banned from my parents' house, per my dad, during a cookout attended by some buddies and I after a night of drinking it.

Wow...I can't imagine any beer outdoing Natty Ass in that department.
scoozna
7/18/11 4:41:23PM
5. Corona
4. Guiness
3. Palm
2. Yeungling
1. Chimay (Red)

Not sure if I rate Yeungling so highly because it's brewed in PA or because it's cheap, or because it's good.

+1 for the chap who had Delerium Tremens (or Nocturnum). I could probably fill my top 5 with Belgians, but they cost too much and don't drink them all that often.
Chael_Sonnen
7/18/11 6:04:30PM
Goebels = brilliance personified
kopower
7/18/11 6:44:45PM

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by kopower

Michelob Golden Light

Now that you mention it; yes it does produce some of the most juicy beer farts around. I would also have to throw in Miller High Life into that equation as well. Mich Golden is my softball, cheap beer that isn't too filling beverage of choice.
Budgellism
7/18/11 8:51:58PM

Posted by FlashyG

My Top 5.

Carlsberg
Corona
Moosehead
Tankhouse
Stella

Hell yeah. I'm 20 and I live in Ontario, where the drinking age is 19.

1. MGD
2. Heineken
3. Budweiser
4. Canadian
5. Moosehead
Budgellism
7/18/11 8:55:43PM

Pabs is an awesome beer if you don't have the money to spend. I went through all of high school drinking Lakeport Honey... Now that's a shitty beer.
emfleek
7/18/11 9:26:32PM

Posted by Budgellism

Pabs is an awesome beer if you don't have the money to spend. I went through all of high school drinking Lakeport Honey... Now that's a shitty beer.

The same goes for Busch Light.

It's been a while since I've bought a case of beer, but a couple years back I could get a 30-pack of Busch Light for $10.99.

Score.
Budgellism
7/18/11 9:48:29PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by Budgellism

The same goes for Busch Light.

It's been a while since I've bought a case of beer, but a couple years back I could get a 30-pack of Busch Light for $10.99.

Score.

Never had the pleasure of trying it to be honest. 30 for 11 bucks is a steal no matter when you bought it. Any idea what % it is?
Kpro
7/18/11 9:53:09PM
White Frog Ale - It's a Rogue beer, I like many of theirs like their Dead Guy Ale, Double Chocolate Stout, Mocha Porter, Orange Honey Ale, etc. but White Frog is my fav

Monk's Uncle - Great beer at the Pike Brewing Company.

A seasonal I've liked the last few years has been the Mashing Pumpkin by Elliott Bay Brewery

But if I'm just swinging by the gas station on the way home I'll usually grab some PBR or a 40. I either hit the brewery's for high price/quality or the gas station for low price/quality.

I think I avoid the middle tier completely aside from summer-time Corona, Tecate, Dos Equis, etc. I also never touch lite beer unless I've had shots already.
emfleek
7/18/11 10:05:42PM

Posted by Budgellism

Never had the pleasure of trying it to be honest. 30 for 11 bucks is a steal no matter when you bought it. Any idea what % it is?

4.2%
ThaAxeMurderer7
7/19/11 12:33:53AM
1. Abita Beer - All Brews. I'm a little biased b/c my hometown is Abita Springs, Louisiana which is where they brew this beer. They have seven flagship brews and a host of seasonal and other beers. My personal favorite is their Purple Haze. It has a hint of raspberry but is definately not fruity. I suggest all beer lovers give Abita Beer a try.
Abita Beer

2. Delerium Nocturnum - All I know is I've never slept better after getting drunk and passing out from this. It's got pink elephants on the label which means I should have known better than to **** with it. Anyway, it was really good stuff.

3. Dogfish Head 90 min Imperial IPA - Very good IPA that find goes well with steak and corn off the grill. Another favorite of mine

That's pretty much it for me guys. I don't really drink too many other beers.
pmoney
7/20/11 1:01:45AM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by kopower

Michelob Golden Light

Wow...I can't imagine any beer outdoing Natty Ass in that department.

Buttwiper. Bad times.
prophecy033
8/1/11 8:47:08PM
Widmer Droptop- Amber
Full Sail- IPA
Sam Adams- Boston Lager
Sam Adams- Latitude 48 IPA
Budlight
Pages: [1] 2