UFC's Nick Diaz Tweets Photos of Himself Being Detained by Police

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC's Nick Diaz Tweets Photos of Himself Being Detained by Police
Poor_Franklin
3/18/13 4:14:21AM
Despite just coming off a grueling fight week at UFC 158 and causing himself a lot of grief, it seems that UFC welterweight Nick Diaz simply can't stay out of trouble.

At least, that's what appears to be happening.

Late on Sunday night, Diaz tweeted a picture of himself sitting on the sidewalk with police cruisers in the background.

LINK
Kpro
3/18/13 4:25:05AM
2 hours ago:

Kpro
3/18/13 5:07:05AM
There's a couple more pics out there but sounds like they took a few people he was with, unrelated to him.
bootyclause
3/18/13 8:11:37AM
I bet he gets the Chael Sonnen style charity title shot at middleweight.
thevoodooninja
3/18/13 3:12:20PM

Posted by bootyclause

I bet he gets the Chael Sonnen style charity title shot at middleweight.

why not (shrugs shoulders) he got one at WW
prozacnation1978
3/18/13 3:59:19PM
I know if I didn't do my taxes I sure as hell wouldnt tell the world
thevoodooninja
3/18/13 4:07:57PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

lol yea, didn't that movie studio54 teach us anything. he might want to kick back and watch an al capon documentary
Manak
3/18/13 4:11:49PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

no shit, but then again a guy who doesn't know how to pay taxes vs a guy not paying to keep more money, prb doesn't know to not tell people to avoid an audit
Kpro
3/18/13 5:16:31PM
Some ex-NFL player, just a few weeks ago, got 7 months in prison for not filing his 2005 taxes. Not good to have a dozen years to file, but likely the amount owed is more of a factor.

Are fighters working for Zuffa W2'd or can they write off a ton of training expenses and overhead as a 1099 employee? If fighters are W2'd then he's likely not on the radar much considering he's been paying taxes on his paychecks and just not filing, the IRS could actually owe him money.
Kpro
3/18/13 5:26:41PM
Gracie, also tried to clear up some of Diaz's post-fight comments about never paying taxes to the IRS, saying he knows for fact that Diaz has made hundreds of thousands of dollars in tax payments over the years.

At one point, Gracie voiced the same confusion about Diaz's many puzzling statements as others have, acknowledging that the fighter uses "a weird form of communication."

LINK
ncordless
3/18/13 6:43:52PM

Posted by Kpro

Some ex-NFL player, just a few weeks ago, got 7 months in prison for not filing his 2005 taxes. Not good to have a dozen years to file, but likely the amount owed is more of a factor.

Are fighters working for Zuffa W2'd or can they write off a ton of training expenses and overhead as a 1099 employee? If fighters are W2'd then he's likely not on the radar much considering he's been paying taxes on his paychecks and just not filing, the IRS could actually owe him money.

I'd assume the are 1099. W-2 would suggest the fighters are actually employees of the UFC My understanding is the relationship between ZUFFA and fighters is one of an independent ocntractor.
Chael_Sonnen
3/18/13 9:41:54PM
IRS = 100% on takedowns....Wolf Tickets need not apply.
jay98107
3/18/13 11:30:50PM

Posted by Kpro

Gracie, also tried to clear up some of Diaz's post-fight comments about never paying taxes to the IRS, saying he knows for fact that Diaz has made hundreds of thousands of dollars in tax payments over the years.

At one point, Gracie voiced the same confusion about Diaz's many puzzling statements as others have, acknowledging that the fighter uses "a weird form of communication."

LINK

He's a dummy, but he's not a bad self-promoter. Maybe claiming he hasn't ever paid taxes adds to the idiot/criminal persona that got him a title shot in the first place.