UFC's Negotiations with Fedor "hit a snag"

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC's Negotiations with Fedor "hit a snag"
CornishMMA
9/15/07 3:08:12PM

Famed PRIDE heavyweight champion Fedor Emelianenko and UFC officials were painstakingly close to reaching an agreement, but a final contact that arrived at the fighter’s camp contained terms that were “absolutely different” than what had originally been negotiated, reports the the website for the M-1 organization, which is operated by Vadim Finkelstein. (Finkelstein is Emelianenko’s manager.)

LINK
TOMMYAYO05
9/15/07 4:40:47PM
i say the ufc should give the deal fedor wants.... it would be a huge additon to the organization.
gamez0932
9/15/07 4:42:05PM

Posted by TOMMYAYO05

i say the ufc should give the deal fedor wants.... it would be a huge additon to the organization.

yeah i agree 100%
JimiMak
9/15/07 4:50:00PM
He needs to just figure out whether he is asking what no other fighter has a shot at getting, or whether his management is screwing him, and sign the deal. Come fight Randy, CC again, Barnett if signed and a cpl others and if he can go like 33 or 35-1 he can retire as CLEARLY the goat. If not there will always be the big q's. Esp is Randy beats Nog.
loonytnt
9/15/07 5:46:02PM
if i was the UFC i wouldnt give fedor huge some of money, they dont know how he will do in the UFC, i think he should sign a 1 fight duel so the UFC can see what he beings with him, if he wants to fight the top dogs in the sport he will come around if hee doesnt he doesnt, i think he UFC is doing good as a business, but i hope something happens soon because i wanna see randy fight fedor
cmill21
9/15/07 8:41:23PM
Fedor's style is alot better for the cage then ring IMO. He wants to be close and grapple. So I think the cage would help him, and then he has elbows to throw into his gnp, come on he'll do great there.
Tuchek
9/16/07 10:13:29AM
Elbows are the things that are going to hurt him. He is a bleeder and once he steps into the UFC world, I think it might be alittle different. No matter what, I am really antcipating his UFC debut. Just hope he doesnt get cut.
cmill21
9/16/07 12:08:12PM
But you have to get him down and controll him a bit to get your elbows out. Ask Lindland how good fedor is off his back.
nubby
9/16/07 12:50:31PM

Posted by cmill21

But you have to get him down and controll him a bit to get your elbows out. Ask Lindland how good fedor is off his back.

How is a 185 pound lindland going to keep a 230 pound Fedor on the ground? Using Lindland as an example is just useless.
brutalbones
9/16/07 1:13:36PM

Posted by nubby

Posted by cmill21

How is a 185 pound lindland going to keep a 230 pound Fedor on the ground? Using Lindland as an example is just useless.

I agree. Lets see how good he is off his back with another 230 pounder (Randy) on him.
cmill21
9/16/07 1:21:26PM

Posted by nubby

Posted by cmill21

I don't recall Lindland weight 185 in that fight, he was 215, and fedor was 225. Not much of a difference considering how good of a wrestler Lindland is. I agree he hasn't proven himself against larger HW's Semmy schilt pretty small, as are Zulu and Mark Hunt. He has a poor record against wrestlers to, he's only beat Coleman, Randleman, and as for BJJ he's only beaten Nog x2, Sobral, and Arona. That doesn't matter because his real weakness is against strikers, he's only beaten Mirko, Semmy, Mark, and Gary, they weren't very good strikers and all were terrible in K-1...And if your going to play the UFC card, Coleman was the first ever UFC HW champ, and Randleman was a UFC HW champ as well....But I agree Fedor's not very good.
JimiMak
9/16/07 9:12:31PM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by nubby

Posted by cmill21

I don't recall Lindland weight 185 in that fight, he was 215, and fedor was 225. Not much of a difference considering how good of a wrestler Lindland is. I agree he hasn't proven himself against larger HW's Semmy schilt pretty small, as are Zulu and Mark Hunt. He has a poor record against wrestlers to, he's only beat Coleman, Randleman, and as for BJJ he's only beaten Nog x2, Sobral, and Arona. That doesn't matter because his real weakness is against strikers, he's only beaten Mirko, Semmy, Mark, and Gary, they weren't very good strikers and all were terrible in K-1...And if your going to play the UFC card, Coleman was the first ever UFC HW champ, and Randleman was a UFC HW champ as well....But I agree Fedor's not very good.

I should be able to deduct props for this post. No offense but... You aren't a dumb poster, and this post sounds dumb. A lot of the points you're drawing are incongruent, befor even getting to the argument of how much better of a wrestler Randy is than guys like Randleman and even Coleman (at least applicably to mma). Noone is saying Fedor isn't any good, but he isn't inhuman and he has challenges left. Randy is one of the biggest ones. Comparing Randy and Lindland isn't fair at all. You aren't treating Randy seriously, just as you are saying he isn't treating FE seriously. WLD Fedor has never been in a cage against someone who has the cage game that Randy does. I look forward to seeing how this plays out. I just hope it happens.
cmill21
9/16/07 9:32:20PM

Posted by JimiMak

Posted by cmill21

Posted by nubby

Posted by cmill21

I should be able to deduct props for this post. No offense but... You aren't a dumb poster, and this post sounds dumb. A lot of the points you're drawing are incongruent, befor even getting to the argument of how much better of a wrestler Randy is than guys like Randleman and even Coleman (at least applicably to mma). Noone is saying Fedor isn't any good, but he isn't inhuman and he has challenges left. Randy is one of the biggest ones. Comparing Randy and Lindland isn't fair at all. You aren't treating Randy seriously, just as you are saying he isn't treating FE seriously. WLD Fedor has never been in a cage against someone who has the cage game that Randy does. I look forward to seeing how this plays out. I just hope it happens.

How do you figure I was taking anything away from randy? I didn't mention him in either of my posts. I simply stated that Lindland did not weigh 185lbs when he fought fedor and that fedor is not easy to control on the ground. I also stated that fedor has beating a multitude of fighters, all at the very peak of their excellence ie: NCAA two time Div 1 Champion wrestler, two K-1 GP winners another elite K-1 striker, elite BJJ guys, giant HW's, as well as small HW's.
adamal
9/17/07 3:04:46PM
At this point I don't care if he ever comes to UFC, i'm just tired of it. I have flamed Fedor before on this site and i'm not going to do it again here, i'm just saying i'm not going to loose any sleep wondering about Fedor/Randy. If it does happen- awesome if not- fine. The UFC is the best MMA org in the world. IFL has some good fighters but it is just bleeding money, Bodog is crappy IMO except they have a respectable WW division, K-1 is no competition it is not in America, and Elite is growing and has a lot of potential they just need to find an identity, we can come back to them in like 3-5 years.
Not having one heavyweight is not the end of the world. I'm over it and moving on to bask in how amazing the WW and LHW divisions are in UFC and to enjoy the other divisions because at the top of all the weight classes UFC is tops and i want to enjoy the guys who are there instead of fretting the guys who aren't.
insult-to-injury
9/17/07 5:10:24PM
According to Josh Gross on today's Beatdown (9/17/07), he has spoken with Fedor's management today about his contract negotiations.

-States that Fedor will make a decision at(or by) the end of September,
-UFC contract snag(or one of them at least) had to do with the use of Fedors "likeness" after the contract expires. (IE: Images/video of Fedor)
-Fedors management is still negotiating with UFC on terms
-Mark Cuban is super serious about getting Fedor
-M1 looking for investors.

I thought this was relevant to the discussion here but some of you may have already seen this same info in a thread I started at Sherdog or heard it on the radio yourself.
Aether
9/18/07 4:51:00AM

Posted by nubby

Posted by cmill21

We will never know that since a Fedor never fought a 185 pound Lindland. Why do people make these excuses that Lindland is normally a middleweight? BJ Penn was normally a lightweight, Dan Henderson was normally a middleweight, what difference does it make what weight he fought at at another point in time? He fought Fedor as a HEAVYWEIGHT and he didn't magically forget all of the wrestling ability that won him a silver olympic medal because he gained some muscle. This point is not only completely false but asinine, Matt weighed 30 pounds more than you claim he did.

I can't ever remember reading a post from you where you didn't talk down to someone, call someone a nuthugger (when you're the biggest nuthugger in these forums), or basically flat out make something up to make your ridiculously biased points seem more credible. You should try formulating a logical opinion backed up by facts instead of your made-up nonsense and bias for once.