"Last-minute editorial decision" softens recent "TUF" scene

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » "Last-minute editorial decision" softens recent "TUF" scene
postman
11/13/08 10:11:04PM
The ninth episode of "The Ultimate Fighter: Team Nogueira vs. Team Mir" was supposed to feature yet another disturbing image of questionable decision making by the fighters in the house.

But Spike TV producers apparently saw it fit to edit the scene -- depicting lightweight Dave Kaplan and light-heavyweight Tom Lawlor consuming each other's urine -- in the days leading up to the Wednesday night broadcast.

The MMA Junkie

I don't get this cast.
cmill21
11/13/08 10:16:36PM
I'm pissed off that Nog is one of my favorites and I can't stand to watch the show he's on, it's so dumb, it's like a high school frosh party.
postman
11/13/08 10:35:22PM

Posted by cmill21

I'm pissed off that Nog is one of my favorites and I can't stand to watch the show he's on, it's so dumb, it's like a high school frosh party.

I totaly agree! Atleast for the most part its Mirs team actin a fool. Actually the show has made me feel diffeently about Mir.
StorminYourman
11/13/08 11:05:46PM
yuck
MALICE
11/13/08 11:05:53PM

Posted by postman
I totaly agree! Atleast for the most part its Mirs team actin a fool. Actually the show has made me feel diffeently about Mir.

I understand, but I will never change my opinion on somebody based on a reality show. All of their actions and conversations are edited to make it more appealing to the audience.
postman
11/13/08 11:34:30PM
You do have a point plus he cried after kaplin lost and they didn't show that
ufcboss
11/14/08 2:49:22AM
They showed it on the trailers anyway... A little too late spike!
mrsmiley
11/14/08 6:25:21AM

Posted by cmill21

I agree.
Though I love the show,it's becoming more like a guilty pleasure when I watch.
I mean are we watching The Ultimate Fighter,or the Ulimate sicko?
emfleek
11/14/08 8:56:21AM

Posted by mrsmiley

I agree.
Though I love the show,it's becoming more like a guilty pleasure when I watch.
I mean are we watching The Ultimate Fighter,or the Ulimate sicko?

Neither. You're watching "Ultimate Jackass In Search of TV Time".
gsquat
11/14/08 10:08:09AM
Word. Something needs to change in light of this season of TUF. There needs to be a large enough outcry form the hardcore MMA communtiy to get this stupidity off the air.
Rush
11/14/08 11:35:20AM
Let me dig up the post(s) I made about TUF a long time ago....... Finally people are starting to agree with me.
ncordless
11/14/08 12:34:40PM

Posted by gsquat

Word. Something needs to change in light of this season of TUF. There needs to be a large enough outcry form the hardcore MMA communtiy to get this stupidity off the air.

I think a good start would be to make a rule that if you piss anywhere besides the toilet you are kicked off the show. I don't want to see people pissing in each other's bed... and I definitely don't want to see people do sots of their friend's piss. That is sick.
Wolfenstein
11/14/08 12:42:45PM
Sounds hilarious to me. I think it's the best season in a while. Yeah, there's a lot of childish gags, and gross stuff going on, but what else could these guys actually do at the house that would be entertaining? If anything I'd like to see more training.
Rush
11/14/08 12:56:29PM

Posted by ncordless

Posted by gsquat

I think a good start would be to make a rule that if you piss anywhere besides the toilet you are kicked off the show. I don't want to see people pissing in each other's bed... and I definitely don't want to see people do sots of their friend's piss. That is sick.

Yeah, it will probably not happen unless some guy (who makes it into the semi finals) gets a some digestive illness due to a prank.

IMO, the show has reached the point where it is doing more harm to the image of MMA than good.
emfleek
11/14/08 1:12:47PM

Posted by Rush

IMO, the show has reached the point where it is doing more harm to the image of MMA than good.

Agreed. I don't mind the alcohol in the house as long as they crack down on certain actions by fighters when they're drunk. Property damage, fights, blatant disregard for safety...things like that should get fighters booted.

As for the pissing and nutting on food...there's no room for that. Hopefully this season will be an eye opener for Dana and the Fertitas and they'll put an end to it before someone becomes seriously ill as a result.
jocksmall
11/14/08 7:12:48PM
the show is getting more out of control each year. and with the exception of a few sick laughs less entertaining each year. the guys are potrayed as intellegent athletes but they are starting to look more and more like idiots who can fight.
xtra_chewy
11/14/08 7:28:19PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by Rush

Agreed. I don't mind the alcohol in the house as long as they crack down on certain actions by fighters when they're drunk. Property damage, fights, blatant disregard for safety...things like that should get fighters booted.

As for the pissing and nutting on food...there's no room for that. Hopefully this season will be an eye opener for Dana and the Fertitas and they'll put an end to it before someone becomes seriously ill as a result.

ha ha, nutting. Love that term Fleek!

yeah....that shit is gross!!
bls1919
11/14/08 7:35:08PM
Thank god that they didn't put that shite on the show. Atleast this way only the hardcore fans know about it and it won't turn a newcomer off. I actually just dry heaved sitting here typing/thinking about it all.. no joke.
ncordless
11/14/08 9:19:19PM

Posted by bls1919

Thank god that they didn't put that shite on the show. Atleast this way only the hardcore fans know about it and it won't turn a newcomer off. I actually just dry heaved sitting here typing/thinking about it all.. no joke.

I know... so sick. Can you imagine watching a guy piss in a shot glass and then downing it... forget about the taste... thinking about the temperature alone makes me gag.
Rachel7484
11/23/08 12:10:27AM
Unfortunately I feel the show is no longer about people wanting to be fighters in the UFC, it's all about morons who want to get their faces on telly and have their 15 minutes of fame. That's what all the stupid pranks and childish behaviour is about, the idiots think that all that stupidity will get them more airtime!
JimiMak
11/23/08 6:06:17PM

Posted by Wolfenstein

Sounds hilarious to me. I think it's the best season in a while. Yeah, there's a lot of childish gags, and gross stuff going on, but what else could these guys actually do at the house that would be entertaining? If anything I'd like to see more training.

What else could they do? Constant training and video watching. I realize that I don't speak for the average reality tv watcher, but I think I speak for the "average" hardcore fan, when I say that a reality show about them training their asses off for the biggest shot in the world would be awesome.

We'd get an inside look at the training (more than we do now) and we'd get to see things like how they analyze the videos in different ways and things like that. I'm sure enough ppl would say funny things to edit it and put it on. And there would still be some personalities that clashed enuf so there would be some drama in the house. But feeding these guys on boredom and liquor so they'll be "entertaining" isn't entertaining, to me.

I know this show is what put them on the average guys map, but I'd prefer a show that did little ratings on A&E and showed what I'm talking about than this huge show that's full of BS.

BTW, just so noone says "but I'm sure you watch anyway". The only way I watch the show is when they show marathons. Then I can play poker on the comp and at 1/4 til the hour pay attention to the fight. I hate even having to hear someone like Junie. Anyone who acts like that should be thrown off and barred from future consideration in the league no matter what. jmo
Dragonscale
11/23/08 8:33:12PM

I just find it strange that such a f-ed up show comes from a guy who said that he took out fancy enterances because he wants MMA to be seen as a legit sport.

I say stop showing us stuff that we could see by going down to the local daycare and BRING BACK THE CHALLENGES!