So.. Does anyone think there will be a re-match??

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » So.. Does anyone think there will be a re-match??
POLL: Will there be a re-match?
Yes 69% (24)
No 14% (5)
Maybe 17% (6)
Jason-plata
7/7/08 3:41:01PM
After the Rampage vs. Forest fight. Forest was already talking about a re-match. Does anyone think that this 2nd fight will happen?
I for one hope that it is a fight that ends up materializing. I dont really think that Forest won that fight. I am a big Rampage fan so I cannot say that I an 100% unbiast in my opinion. I do have alot of respect for Forest though.
papercut
7/7/08 3:41:55PM
I wouldn't mind seeing the fight a second time. maybe it won't end up in the judges hands.
sammyd1213
7/7/08 3:47:26PM
I hope so...Rampage will finish him the second time..
fonduktoe
7/7/08 4:04:54PM
i would love to see an almost immediate rematch as that fight was action packed and more importantly the decision was razor thin
i'd like to see a rematch that doesn't hit the judges score cards
stock
7/7/08 4:50:08PM
I hope this fight doesn't happen again until Rampage gets a couple more wins. With such a stacked weight class, I want to see other guys get a shot. Rampage had his chance to win, and put it in the judges hands.

By giving a guy coming off a loss an imediate rematch, would be a slap in the face to Machida and then the winner of Liddell/Evans.
The way I see it, Machida gets the next title shot.
Then, the winner of Liddell/Evans should fight the winner of Forrest/Machida.

While that is going on, I would like to see Quinton fight someone like RTS or Thiago Silva. Then, if he gets by them, a rematch with Wanderlei for another shot at the title.

When push comes to shove, I am just not a plan of the quick rematches.... especially in a stacked division. I want to see guys fight as many different fighters as possible.
CanadianCripplr
7/7/08 5:12:19PM
I just heard Forrest on sirius hardcore sports radio. He made it sound like no rematch in the near future. Said his back was sore and it would take time. He seemed to agree that his next fight would be around Nov/Dec, likely against the winner of Liddell / Evans
Jason-plata
7/7/08 5:37:40PM
Lyoto's last fight was weak, Liddell has been sucking too. Rampage deserves another shot not only cause it was such a close fight but everyone else including Machita, and Liddell have not been impressing as of lately.

NinjaCyborg
7/7/08 9:44:08PM
Griffen VS Jackson in my opinion is the number 1 most contested fight in MMA history. It's split 50/50. The fight was so razor close, that everyone wants to chime in with their opinion.
I have never seen a fight so close that fans argue vigorously in favor of the competitor they believe should have won.
NatedawgThaM
7/7/08 10:28:49PM
I don't think so. I think they'll feed Rampage Wandy or Shogun first. The only way I see a rematch is if Chuck isn't ready for when Forrest wants to defend his title next AND they find a way to keep Machida busy.

I want one, but I just don't it happening.
sammyd1213
7/7/08 10:49:49PM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

I don't think so. I think they'll feed Rampage Wandy or Shogun first. The only way I see a rematch is if Chuck isn't ready for when Forrest wants to defend his title next AND they find a way to keep Machida busy.

I want one, but I just don't it happening.

Feed him Wand or Shogun??? You dont feed anybody Wand or Rua..It doesnt happen..They crush heads..
NatedawgThaM
7/7/08 11:11:42PM
I didn't mean it like that. If I say "feed him" I don't intend for it to mean he's going to run right through him. Although I think he could beat both in rematches, I'm far from calling it a walk in the park. Either one could easily win. I meant give him one of them so he could try and avenge a loss. My fault, I'll say that next time.
cmill21
7/7/08 11:24:48PM
I can't see Dana passing up on a huge money maker like this. All the Rampage fans will watch to see if Rampage tries to prove something, and all the Forrest fans want to see a repeat so people will shut up, and all the regular fans will watch just because it's a guy who beat Chuck and the guy who was on the original TUF. I think with the huge split Dana will want a 100% so people won't call Forrest a fake champ. UFC seems to be about legitimacy.
sammyd1213
7/7/08 11:30:26PM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

I didn't mean it like that. If I say "feed him" I don't intend for it to mean he's going to run right through him. Although I think he could beat both in rematches, I'm far from calling it a walk in the park. Either one could easily win. I meant give him one of them so he could try and avenge a loss. My fault, I'll say that next time.

Its all good..
eyeforeigneye
7/7/08 11:47:07PM
sure, give Quinton the rematch..

either way whoever wins will soon be KOed by Wanderlei Silva in due time
Pitbull09
7/8/08 12:10:38AM
Not unless Rampage wins a couple straight or fights forrest without the title (if forrest loses it when defending). The division is to big to allow an instant rematch.
lance70301
7/8/08 10:48:46AM
Not sure if they will give an immediate rematch. I think Rampage and Forrest will both fight someone else before they rematch.
copcopps
7/8/08 11:08:02AM
re-match yes, immediate rematch maybe
D0wnUnd6e6r
7/8/08 11:28:15AM
im almost 100% positive that Dana's gonna let this one drag for while... re-match maybe... UFC 90 or 91 ?