Where's Mark Hominick?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Where's Mark Hominick?
MonkeyPus
3/7/07 9:24:34PM
Just watching Mark dominate Gurgel ... Why hasn't Hominick been seen in the UFC since? He subbed Yves, dominated Gurgel; Why has he been snubbed? War Hominick!
madmarck
3/7/07 10:04:42PM
He just fought a close 5 round fight and lost for the TKO 145 title.
I heard someone say taht both he and Sam Stout were on good terms with the UFC and we would see them again. They have just taken some time to fight inTKO their home org.
hippysmacker
3/7/07 10:05:47PM
I moved this topic to the other orgs. forum, because he has been fighting in TKO. It's the canadian org. GSP, Loiseau, Cote also came out of. I think that he wants to fight at his natural wieght 145. He just lost a really tough fight to Hioki last month.
Ydoc
3/7/07 11:24:29PM
Oh, I thought he was on bad terms for running away from Jorge. That match was frustrating... all the kicks he caught only to trip Jorge down and not follow up on it, then running at least twice. Really don't care for Jorge but he deserved better.
Stickan
3/7/07 11:40:22PM
Shawn Tompkins, Hominicks coach talked about a fight with Urijah Faber some time in the near future. I think those plans were put on ice though as he lost his last fight.
I don't enjoy HominickĀ“s fights very much but those vicious body shots against Yves were beautiful. Horrible triangle though, can't believe Yves got subbed by that.
JoeMimic
3/8/07 1:38:12AM
I would look for Mark in the WEC soon where he can fight at 145.
madmarck
3/8/07 8:19:45AM

Posted by JoeMimic

Thats what i was thinking. He has a contract signed with Zuffa, correct? So would they be able to keep him on the same pay but jsut fight in WEC at his natural result.
Jeffanori-Gomi
3/8/07 2:17:57PM
Mark Hominik just lost his TKO belt recently to some guy from China.

My trainer put in a bid to fight Sam Stout at 160,but was declined.(muay thai)

I've watched a lot of Stout amature vids and I'm really not impressed. I think theres

a lot more people that should be signed to the UFC over Stout. I'm pretty sure the only reason Stout was signed to the UFC is because of his trainer Shawn Tompkins. (He is Hendo's striking coach)

Like Stout claims a "muay thai" backround but doesnt hold any PRO belts, only amature ones. IMO he would get destroyed if he went Pro in Kickboxing.

Hominick is awsome though and I hope to see him soon
JimiMak
3/8/07 5:56:46PM

Posted by JoeMimic

I was thinking either this or with all of the talk of UFC opening a FW categor I was hoping they were letting him fight elsewhere to keep it up while they figure the addition of the new division.