UFC's "man on a mission" Rick Story calls out his next opponent: Dong Hyun Kim

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC's "man on a mission" Rick Story calls out his next opponent: Dong Hyun Kim
POLL: Who takes it?
Rick Story 78% (31)
Dong Hyun Kim 23% (9)
FastKnockout
8/8/11 8:03:54PM
UFC welterweight Rick Story is ready to fight once again.

After getting outwrestled in an upset loss to Charlie Brenneman at UFC on Versus 4, the once-fast-rising contender is aiming to fight someone who will stand and trade with him.

And he has a someone already in mind: fellow welterweight Dong Hyun Kim.

LINK
Pookie
8/8/11 8:05:31PM
I like the match-up.
Budgellism
8/8/11 8:07:19PM
Story UD
Twenty20Dollars
8/8/11 8:25:27PM
You should never say you want Dong.

prozacnation1978
8/8/11 8:26:27PM
Good match up. But I still think fitch will get one of these guys in san jose
kopower
8/8/11 8:35:29PM
I don't think Dong will stand and trade with him. Rick by UD
prophecy033
8/8/11 8:50:17PM
Good fight to get Story back on track, Story UD
KungFuMaster
8/8/11 9:21:19PM
I like this match up. BTW, I don't think Kim will stand and trade with Story. I don't think he was planning on standing and trading with Condit either. He just got caught before he could employ his strategy.
FastKnockout
8/8/11 10:21:34PM
Seems I'm one of the few who would choose Kim. lol
KaibaThedon
8/8/11 10:32:47PM
dislike that he said his loss was a fluke... brenneman is a damn good wrestler and took it to him

ThaAxeMurderer7
8/8/11 10:42:27PM

Posted by FastKnockout

Seems I'm one of the few who would choose Kim. lol

I'm with you. Hope it happens and there's an UD bonus
kingsmasher
8/8/11 11:21:17PM
If you trade with Story you prolly lose..Guys got an iron chin...
RhythmAndStyle
8/9/11 2:07:31AM
this mainly is a toss up..either Story runs him over or Stun Gun neutralize him..Story is a beast, but he has gotten beat by two very good wrestlers (Brenneman & Hathaway)..i think DHK has better grapplin control than both of em..the only thing he lacks in is his stand up, but his strikin from guard is deadly thou..i prolly would have to choose DHK..remember his name is Stun Gun and he wants GSP!..
gartface
8/9/11 8:59:38AM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

You should never say you want Dong.

I cannot be the only person who caught this! Props!

Story would blast Kim.
emfleek
8/9/11 9:02:59AM
Story has been doing his fair share of calling guys out lately. He was calling out Nate Diaz yesterday on Twitter until he found out Diaz was already booked to fight Gomi.

Dong
Diaz
Fitch
Alves

He's certainly no punk, that's for sure. I like it.
Pookie
8/9/11 9:03:08AM
Anyone that can strike with Thiago Alves is one of the better strikers in the division. But then again, Im positive Dong isnt going to stand with him whatsoever.
emfleek
8/9/11 9:13:44AM

Posted by Pookie

But then again, Im positive Dong isnt going to stand with him whatsoever.

So you're saying Dong will lay on top of him?

kingsmasher
8/9/11 9:34:04AM
I bet Story doesnt want MacDonald...Actually I will take Story to out wrestle Dong..

Most Japanese just arent good at wrestling for the most part...

Depends where Dong trains I would have to look...
emfleek
8/9/11 9:47:17AM

Posted by kingsmasher

Depends where Dong trains I would have to look...

I bet Dong trains at the Y.

Bubbles
8/9/11 10:30:39AM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by Pookie

But then again, Im positive Dong isnt going to stand with him whatsoever.

So you're saying Dong will lay on top of him?

better than Hallman's dong...at least this Dong is asian
Theoutlaw08
8/9/11 10:45:15AM
I took DHK by UD. I think he would hold Story down for 15 minutes and take the win. I think both fighters would receive minimal damage and they would both be able to fight again within a few weeks.
icantthinkofanything
8/9/11 1:26:12PM
I pick Kim 2 win

I havent seen the Story Brenneman fight, but I have heard Story was on his back. Don is one of the best grapplers at ww, Plus Don has submissions from his Judo. Dong has quick takedowns in the center of the octagon, along with his throws on the cage. I dont think Kim will stand, when he sees how Story brawls so well, and has a great chin to back it up. Unless Story can end it quickly like Kim's last loss, I pick Kim to win.

I also wouldnt mind seeing
Pyle vs Story
Kampman vs Story
Story vs Hardy, Lytle, Sadollah
BigBadAl
8/9/11 3:36:37PM
I think he will have Dong all up in his face and it wont be pretty.
BeeR
8/9/11 4:08:20PM

Posted by icantthinkofanything

I pick Kim 2 win

I havent seen the Story Brenneman fight, but I have heard Story was on his back. Don is one of the best grapplers at ww, Plus Don has submissions from his Judo. Dong has quick takedowns in the center of the octagon, along with his throws on the cage. I dont think Kim will stand, when he sees how Story brawls so well, and has a great chin to back it up. Unless Story can end it quickly like Kim's last loss, I pick Kim to win.

Pyle vs Story
Kampman vs Story

Kim has ZERO sub game.
I think he had a sub win like 5 or 6 years ago
KungFuMaster
8/9/11 6:06:45PM
Story is not exactly a striker to be feared. He has power but he does not know how to jab his way in like most strikers. This is an easy pick for me. Kim should be able to grind out a GSP win with his leverage.
icantthinkofanything
8/10/11 3:12:08PM

Posted by BeeR

Posted by icantthinkofanything

I pick Kim 2 win

Pyle vs Story
Kampman vs Story

Kim has ZERO sub game.
I think he had a sub win like 5 or 6 years ago

i guess your right, i may have confused him with Yoshida, because they are the ww judoka's, but being a black belt in Judo, I would assume he knows them. either way, Kim takes people down, and has excellent base, if Brenmen could take Story down, I think Dong can too. who knows, maybe Dong will be put on his back, and have no answer for the horror story, we wont know until they fight, but id like to see Story fight someone who will stand with him, if thats what he wants, his striking is good imo