UFC's Lyoto Machida and Anderson Silva among 2009 ESPY nominees for "Best Fighter"

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC's Lyoto Machida and Anderson Silva among 2009 ESPY nominees for "Best Fighter"
emfleek
6/25/09 1:29:24PM
UFC light heavyweight champion Lyoto Machida and UFC middleweight title-holder Anderson Silva are among the four nominees for the "Best Fighter" category for the 2009 ESPY Awards.

An ESPN spokesperson today alerted MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) of the list of nominees.

Silva and Machida are up against boxers Shane Mosley and Manny Pacquiao in the "Best Fighter" category, which the ESPY Awards added in 2007.

STORY
KUTTER
6/25/09 1:41:56PM
I dont get it, can they not give it to same person every year (Fedor)
StriderXero
6/25/09 2:53:21PM
I think Machida or Pacquiao deserve it more. I'm leaning more to Pacman cus he beat 2 of the biggest names in boxing in less than a year (Hatton and De La Hoya). He not only beat them, but he made them look like they didn't know what they were doing.
whardin19
6/25/09 2:55:58PM
Pacquiao takes this easily sad to say. That guys been on a tear and the UFC is less recognized on ESPN that boxing.
prozacnation1978
6/25/09 3:44:29PM
my vote goes for pacman
RNC
6/25/09 4:01:40PM

Posted by StriderXero

I think Machida or Pacquiao deserve it more. I'm leaning more to Pacman cus he beat 2 of the biggest names in boxing in less than a year (Hatton and De La Hoya). He not only beat them, but he made them look like they didn't know what they were doing.

It's the best FIGHTER catagory. Not the best puncher.
Mayhem13
6/25/09 4:55:27PM
I would like to see Lyoto win........but I kind of think that Manny will and should get this award.
StriderXero
6/25/09 8:50:58PM

Posted by RNC

Posted by StriderXero

It's the best FIGHTER catagory. Not the best puncher.

then why would they nominate Pacquiao and Mosley in "Best Fighter" catergory? Boxing is Fighting too. The difference between MMA and Boxing is the rules.