Who's most likely to unseat Hendo as Pride 183 lb. champ?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Who's most likely to unseat Hendo as Pride 183 lb. champ?
POLL: Who will take the belt from Hendo?
Misaki 5% (3)
Filho 64% (38)
Kang 14% (8)
Suloev 0% (0)
Nobody, Hendo will retire with the belt 12% (7)
Other 5% (3)
hippysmacker
2/15/07 12:08:20AM
Misaki probably has the next title shot becasue they've each beat eachother once and Misaki beat him 6 months agi in the tournament. However, I'm gonna take Filho, I think he's the next great fighter at that weight.
richieb19
2/15/07 12:16:51AM
Sadly Filho is most likely the awnser. Misaki has earned a shot (kind of), and he matches up well against Henderson, but IMO Henderson will finish off this trilogy with a bang. I'd like to see Kang Vs. Filho to determine a new #1 contender, and although I'm almost positive Filho will take a UD, you never know with Kang.
loller90278
2/15/07 12:23:04AM
i say kang
pv3Hpv3p
2/15/07 12:25:20AM
Went with Kang as well... Just because I like the guy...

Like previously stated it will more than likely be Filho
Trapt1nw0nder
2/15/07 12:28:15AM
Kang or Filho...or Dan stays with the belt...lol

most likely Dan stays with belt IMO...I went with Dan retires with belt...but i really mean Dan can beat any of those guys right now...

Jeffanori-Gomi
2/15/07 1:08:32AM

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Kang or Filho...or Dan stays with the belt...lol

most likely Dan stays with belt IMO...I went with Dan retires with belt...but i really mean Dan can beat any of those guys right now...

I would say Kang but he is riddled with injuries. I dont think he will be in competition for too much longer (unfortunately) due to multiple injuries, (hand, knee. shoulder) Hopefully he can make a full recorvery.

Fihlo looks like a large threat to Hendo but Im not really a huge Fihlo fan.

Btw is Dilson Fihlo related???//
OB_Juan
2/15/07 1:59:47PM
Filho is easily the biggest threat, however I don't think even the Japanese fans like him or find him exciting so he'll probably find himself on the sidelines indefinitely. Him backing out of the GP sure as hell doesn't help his chances of getting a title shot.

Misaki could go either way IMO. I think Dan would probably take the rubber match (depending on how fair the judges were).

I don't see Kang beating Dan. Denis is a great fighter and all but I just don't see him winning that calibre of a match up.

Dadaman
2/15/07 3:59:20PM

No I'm pretty sure there is no relation. From what I understand Filho is a common Porteguesse surname.

I picked Kang because like others said, I like the guy. He's the dark horse though. Never sure if you're going to get the strong finisher that brutalized Ninja and mangled Soluev, or his lesser and injury riddles altar ego.

I don't care who Hendo fights as long as he defends his damn title. He's been sitting on it for over a year now.

edit: that sounds angry, i dont mean to disrespect the guy it's just my attitude with Pride's title defense policy in general. Why should a champ EVER fight if his title is not on the line?
AchillesHeel
2/15/07 4:32:01PM
I'd also like to see Kang and Filho meet to decide who gets the (first) shot at the title. It seems like such a natural matchup. Anyway, I voted Filho in the poll.
Snacks
2/15/07 5:42:45PM
Paulo is already the linear champ, so who cares about the belt.
hippysmacker
2/15/07 5:47:22PM

Posted by Dadaman

No I'm pretty sure there is no relation. From what I understand Filho is a common Porteguesse surname.

I picked Kang because like others said, I like the guy. He's the dark horse though. Never sure if you're going to get the strong finisher that brutalized Ninja and mangled Soluev, or his lesser and injury riddles altar ego.

I don't care who Hendo fights as long as he defends his damn title. He's been sitting on it for over a year now.

edit: that sounds angry, i dont mean to disrespect the guy it's just my attitude with Pride's title defense policy in general. Why should a champ EVER fight if his title is not on the line?

Completely agree about non-title fight's. I don't think champs should fight in Grand Prix's either. Winner should get a title shot for winning them if your gonna have them IMO.
Stickan
2/15/07 7:49:56PM
Filho will probably sub Hendo if they meet. And I say that with huge respect for Hendo and his abilities.
Greene33
2/16/07 12:17:55PM

its like Smith over there...
fedorwins1
2/16/07 12:21:17PM
Filho has the best chance I think, but can Filho get Hendo on the ground is the big question and if he does can he submit him?
Jeffanori-Gomi
2/16/07 3:51:18PM

Posted by Greene33

its like Smith over there...

ya your right...me and my uncultured mind!!!
madmarck
2/16/07 3:54:55PM
Paulo is gonna be the biggest threat. I doubt Pride will want to give him the shot htough with his lay and pray tactics. Pride will most likely give it to misaki He did win the tournament.
THE_AXE_MURDERER
2/17/07 2:46:57PM
Im gonna say Kazou Misaki
Trapt1nw0nder
2/25/07 8:04:16AM
i saw the Hendo/Silva fight already like 5 times and Hendo looked better than ever!

his stand-up and aggressiveness at something else..do you all think he will be beat by any of the top choices?

i still stick to Hendo Retiring with the belt..(if he retires before 4-6 more fights.....but i doubt he will,he still looks great for his age)

anyways...so what is the deal?? is he gonna stay with both belts,or will he have to Vacate a belt?
Broknmunky
2/25/07 8:35:13AM
I went with Kang (if he is injury free). Filho would be good but even if he gets Hendo to the ground can he submit him? Remember when Dan fought Nog and the sub attempts he escaped from then. And that was against a much heavier opponent.
jocksmall
2/25/07 6:40:16PM
well i believe fighters dont retire until they are beaten for the most part. and dan will be no exception. he is the best in the world at this weight his clinch is as good as anyones his power better his wrestling is top of the food chain. he is a favorite against anyone at 183, 185.
the best fight will be him defending the 205 to shogun. wow cant wait
props to pride
SteedTheDeed
2/25/07 7:28:45PM
i see a filho lay and pray but im not sure if that would get him the belt.
hippysmacker
2/26/07 2:20:11AM
I changed my mind after he just wupped Wandy.I don't think Filho will be able to pull out the LnP anymore. I think he will lose the 205 lb. belt with in 2 defenses, but will hold on to the 183 lb. belt for a while
Trapt1nw0nder
2/26/07 2:50:57AM

Posted by hippysmacker

I changed my mind after he just wupped Wandy.I don't think Filho will be able to pull out the LnP anymore. I think he will lose the 205 lb. belt with in 2 defenses, but will hold on to the 183 lb. belt for a while

yeah man Hendo is something else....can you believe he actually planted his feet to trade with wandy??????
hippysmacker
2/26/07 5:48:10AM

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Posted by hippysmacker

yeah man Hendo is something else....can you believe he actually planted his feet to trade with wandy??????

And Koed him, unbelivable. I could have seen him winning, buy not by KO
Trapt1nw0nder
2/26/07 6:08:54AM

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Posted by hippysmacker

And Koed him, unbelivable. I could have seen him winning, buy not by KO

i predicted him winning by TKO 4th round, but GnP like he had Silva in the first 2 rounds,but not standing toe to toe!!(it is marked in my profile as picking Hendo to win via Unanimous Decision,but i changed my mind 2 hours before the event started....as i predicted in the "Your Pride33 picks and results" thread i made)
hippysmacker
2/28/07 7:00:21PM
Hendo confirmed to be out at till possibly 8/24 , so this could take a bit no matter who it is.
Northrend
2/28/07 7:10:04PM
Id say Kang would give him the most trouble. I think Hendo could counter Paulo's takedowns and KO him on the feet. With Kang he is more of a complete fighter.
ElGuapo31
3/1/07 10:01:18AM
hendo vs filho would be sickkk...but i dont see it happening for a very long time...hendo is probably gonna fight a bunch of 205 guys first
poll77
3/1/07 7:48:12PM
no one will beat him at 183