What's next for Koscheck??

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » What's next for Koscheck??
nickcuc547
7/8/08 6:08:18PM
imo he should get a top welterweight, but just about all of them have big fights coming up. GSP vs. Fitch, Diego vs. Alves, Hughes vs. Serra, Karo vs. Yoshida. what do they do with him? i'd like to see him fight again soon but he may have to wait a while before he gets another big fight (unless he is already lined up to fight the winner of gsp vs. fitch, but dana said bj is).
pv3Hpv3p
7/8/08 6:12:51PM
Swick?
sammyd1213
7/8/08 6:14:03PM
Good question...Im not sure what they will do with him. Maybe Marcus Davis or Mike Swick??
Pookie
7/8/08 6:14:48PM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Swick?

there both from aka...

How bout A. Johnson if he wins his upcoming fight? there are few fighters available...
juanez13
7/8/08 6:15:37PM
i'd say give him Swick, but since they are training partners i dont know if that will happen.

other than that there arent many top quality opponents for him, maybe the Dong, or Marcus Davis could be his next opponent.
sammyd1213
7/8/08 6:17:38PM

Posted by Pookie
How bout A. Johnson if he wins his upcoming fight?

Thats a real possibility.
nickcuc547
7/8/08 6:18:15PM
i was thinking marcus davis, but anthony johnson is a great possibility.
pv3Hpv3p
7/8/08 6:21:48PM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Swick?

there both from aka...

How bout A. Johnson if he wins his upcoming fight? there are few fighters available...

I thought I heard Swick moved on from AKA??? Anyways, I see Davis / Johnson as a more interesting fight...

What about Matt Serra?
nickcuc547
7/8/08 6:23:58PM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

What about Matt Serra?

he's got hughes coming up later this year, probably not until november or december, but i agree, kos vs. serra is a very interesting matchup.
Matimus
7/8/08 6:30:43PM
Paul Kelly or Paul Taylor.

teddythetuna
7/8/08 7:12:48PM
I say swick or rumble.
Khaos
7/8/08 8:14:42PM
Title shot lol

I say Rumble or Burns
sammyd1213
7/8/08 8:21:24PM

Posted by Khaos

Title shot lol

I say Rumble or Burns

This seems to be the popular choice. Kos will destroy either one of them IMO.
MoJoy
7/8/08 11:25:29PM
Marcus Davis
Mchubb316
7/9/08 12:00:54AM
I think they will be careful with Johnson, and don't see him fighting Kos. An interesting twist would be him getting the winner of Sanchez vs Alves. If Alves wins, they could make that fight a title shot fight. They could do the same if Sanchez wins, plus Diego gets a chance to avenge a loss. With the possibility of BJ vs GSP coming closer, it could be a while before any other WW gets a title shot.
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
7/9/08 12:36:19AM
a 3rd fight with sanchez , winner fights alves for number 1 contender.
Bowen50
7/9/08 12:41:27AM
i think it's going to be Anthony Johnson. this would be a crazy fight in my opinion. both fighters are extremely explosive.
DiabloFreak56
7/9/08 12:51:07AM

Posted by AnDeRsonDaSiLvA

i agree
coldchillin
7/9/08 12:52:29AM
perhaps Gono? Did he get hurt or something or is the UFC not offering him any fights? Koscheck-Gono would be a very good fight.
RNC
7/9/08 2:00:56AM

Posted by Bowen50

i think it's going to be Anthony Johnson. this would be a crazy fight in my opinion. both fighters are extremely explosive.

that would be a good fight.
fonduktoe
7/9/08 4:24:40AM

Posted by AnDeRsonDaSiLvA

sanchez and alves are already fighting for what can be reasonably assumed as the #1 contender spot
koscheck gets booed perpetually and the ufc matchmakers will continue to shuffle him around (not to mention his loss to gsp doesn't bode well if gsp plows though fitch) i give the guy credit for trying to distance himself from the lay and pray image people have of him but he's not there yet which is obvious by the crowd's reaction to him at the last event
gsquat
7/9/08 10:27:31AM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Swick?

Yeeeaaaaaaaah! Feed Swick to him. I'm eager to see Swick lose because of how lame he is. Kos hasn't exactly always been my favorite fighter, but he's put on great fights lately and has been modest and humble about it.
Rush
7/9/08 10:59:25AM
He should fight the loser of either GSP-Fitch or Sanchez-Alves. He needs to fight top 5 guys or he'll turn into another Fitch getting a title shot beating guys that are mostly not in the top ten. The sad thing is, Koscheck has a better record than Sanchez and I find it funny that if Diego beats Alves he'll get a shot before Koscheck.

A fight with Karo might be appropriate.

I think Swick would be a horrible fight to watch. That has snooze written all over it.
prozacnation1978
7/9/08 12:16:58PM
i say marcus davis in oct
and then maybe he fights diego again
KYGUY07
7/9/08 12:28:01PM
Marcus Davis
Pitbull09
7/9/08 3:35:33PM
Swick or Anthony Johnson. I hope its Johnson cause that would give him a good step up in the division if he won. If not him, Kos will prob just wait til there is another guy that should be caleed #1 contender (winner of Yosida/ Karo or maybe Fitch if he loses)
GrizzlyChadams
7/9/08 4:03:55PM
Why would Kos be fighting guys like Swick and Johnson? Kos is at the top of the heap right now and deserves top 5 fighters if not a title shot.

He also has shown interest in dropping to light weight to fight BJ which would be very interesting.
eyeforeigneye
7/9/08 7:08:06PM

Posted by GrizzlyChadams

Why would Kos be fighting guys like Swick and Johnson? Kos is at the top of the heap right now and deserves top 5 fighters if not a title shot.

He also has shown interest in dropping to light weight to fight BJ which would be very interesting.

i cant say much for Johnson since he hasnt proven himself yet, but Mike Swick would be a perfect fight of Kos. Kos is a good fighter, but even after beating Lytle's ass the whole last fight he almost got himself KOed at the end. Swick has great hands and the ability to control the fight.. he hasnt lost since dropping to WW (even though both fights were boring). not to mention he beatdown David Loiseau + Joe Riggs and put on a close performance against Yushin Okami. id love to see Mike Swick against Josh Koscheck, and id say Swick could win.. Kos is not a top 5 WW, and on one of these fights soon its gonna be proven