When's Keith Jardine fighting again?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » When's Keith Jardine fighting again?
MMA-guy
12/10/07 3:11:14AM
Anyone know? I think he's one of the most underrated fighters in the UFC. Everyone counts this guy out all the time. He's gonna put a hurtin' on the next guy he fights. Mark my words.
kevietre
12/10/07 3:37:10AM
Who knows? Im not a big Jardine fan. He does step up when he's the underdog and when he's favored he losses (Houston and Bonnar). I say he was favored over Bonnar because it was his second fight at 205 in the UFC after coming down from heavyweight. I don't think he should be ranked above Arona and Lil Nog but the mmaweekly.com rankings are all screwed up anyway.
cmill21
12/10/07 4:16:25AM
The way the UFC is doing things right now he's probably on the shelf waiting for his title shot that is his after forrest gets his.
CornishMMA
12/10/07 7:57:29AM
Most likely at UFC 82, possible opponents could be a rematch with Houston or maybe Thiago Silva

I think its rough that Forrest gets a title shot for beating Shogun but Jardine beat Forrest then Chuck, and is left out of the mix
Boo_Radley21
12/10/07 8:22:38AM

And about the Bonnar fight... I would say that Jardine was a pretty big underdog in that fight because Bonnar had been doing pretty well at light heavyweight and it was Jardines second fight at 205...Also, I think he should have won that fight, that was a pretty bad decision IMO.
Leland
12/10/07 8:33:59AM
Yeah Jardine is awesome. I've always liked him alot. Definitely underrated. I think he can swing with the big dogs. I have not seen Jardine on his back though. Hope he doesnt turn into an Alexander. Really though now that I think about it, I dont think i have seen keith on his back much at all. he fights all strikers. I wonder how he would weather with a wrestler.
KYGUY07
12/10/07 8:47:52AM

Posted by CornishMMA

Most likely at UFC 82, possible opponents could be a rematch with Houston or maybe Thiago Silva

I think its rough that Forrest gets a title shot for beating Shogun but Jardine beat Forrest then Chuck, and is left out of the mix

Thiago Silva would mess keith jardine up
rameydl8
12/10/07 8:59:26AM

Posted by KYGUY07

Posted by CornishMMA

Thiago Silva would mess keith jardine up

ummm...yea.....

jardine would get ktfo
Hurricane_Brad
12/10/07 11:07:08AM

Posted by cmill21

The way the UFC is doing things right now he's probably on the shelf waiting for his title shot that is his after forrest gets his.

I totally agree with you, I think the LHW rankings are in too much disarray to simply give Forrest the shot. Jardine also had a really big win over Liddell, so I think it's a shame to just leave him out of the title picture just because Forrest is a bigger name. They should have had a couple more big fights in that division first to clearly establish the contenders.
Franklinfan47
12/10/07 11:32:56AM
I think he should fight Shogun Rua next.
MartinKillMcGill
12/10/07 12:12:39PM
our mayb even a rematch with housten. Even if it is against the former holder of the belt i dont belive a fighter should get a title shot after a one fight wining streak. I know forrest has only won two in a row but who else in the divison deserves it
InstantLegend
12/10/07 1:03:16PM
I'm DEF anticipating the next Jardine fight, dudes a monster
tylerlee123
12/10/07 5:20:15PM
Thiago silva would be a very intruging match up for Jardine, also Ortiz or Shogun
xchickox
12/10/07 6:26:35PM

Posted by tylerlee123

Thiago silva would be a very intruging match up for Jardine, also Ortiz or Shogun

i'd like to see ortiz vs jardine and i think ortiz would take that fight
MMA-guy
12/11/07 3:28:10AM

Posted by Leland

Yeah Jardine is awesome. I've always liked him alot. Definitely underrated. I think he can swing with the big dogs. I have not seen Jardine on his back though. Hope he doesnt turn into an Alexander. Really though now that I think about it, I dont think i have seen keith on his back much at all. he fights all strikers. I wonder how he would weather with a wrestler.

Jardine is solid off his back. Watch his fight with Rashad Evans on TUF Season 2.
CornishMMA
12/11/07 7:30:04AM
LOL if they shelve him by making the Bonnar rematch!

He should be right at the top but all those top opponents are busy, the only guy is Shogun or Tito if you include him
prozacnation1978
12/11/07 11:58:23AM
might fight evans again rematch from tuf 2 would make sense for both of them just like sanchez vs kos.
i know machida called him out a couple months ago, he might wait for that
ohiostate1016
12/12/07 12:08:52AM
What about Jardine vs. Rashad Evans?
SexPanther
12/12/07 12:43:37AM
it think jardine should fight tito,hendo, thiago silva,bisping or shogun
mrsmiley
12/13/07 7:13:00PM
At this point in time I believe almost any opponent would be a great pick for Jardine.I could see a rematch with Houston,but throwing someone like Tito or thiago would be interesting as well.

I think it's a shame he just gets tossed aside when it comes to title contention.The guy has got skills.
pv3Hpv3p
12/14/07 11:23:30AM
It should be the winner of Machida / Sokoudjou...

But it'll probably be the winner of Heath / Drwal

Or Lambert / Goveaia (ouch sp?)