What's up with Kang?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » What's up with Kang?
CantAndleDaRiddum
4/29/08 12:03:08PM
I once had him in my top 10, but now he would be lucky to make top 15. After being finished twice in his last 2 fights & losing 3 of his last 4, i was jsut curious if anyone knew if he changed anything w/ his training or had any issues that might cause him to be on such a bad run.

ive always been a fan, but i never get to see his fights anymore or hear many updates or interviews he does so im totally in the dark as of late.

thoughts or opinions?
KNIGHT
4/29/08 12:26:51PM
he must not have been all there mentally. it seemed liked he just put himself right into the triangle.
Gipper
4/29/08 12:33:39PM
mousasi is a tough dude and should be in the top 10 in the world at 185. watch out for this guy. i said the winner of the mousasi/kang fight would win the tourny. mousasi is making a fan out of me. i got to watch him live in calgary a few months back and he made the fight look easy. if he's not in the top 10 now he will be after he wins the mw tournament.
pinoymixplaya
4/29/08 12:43:04PM
I feel sorry for Kang, he was winning this match too until he jumped into that triangle...

that guy he fought didn't seem too good, he didn't look as technically solid as Kang standing up and he was almost in a kimura and got luck cuz Kang stood up.....
juanez13
4/29/08 12:59:29PM

Posted by pinoymixplaya

I feel sorry for Kang, he was winning this match too until he jumped into that triangle...

that guy he fought didn't seem too good, he didn't look as technically solid as Kang standing up and he was almost in a kimura and got luck cuz Kang stood up.....

agree, Kang was looking good until he made a stupid mistake, hope he comes back cus i still think he has great potential.
Gipper
4/29/08 1:01:47PM
kang will be back
Cladrix
4/29/08 1:44:42PM
Yeah Kang will be back....... Mousassi looked pretty good but I think if it wasnt for the mistake Kang made then Kang would of won.
chubbud22
4/29/08 2:19:09PM
SPOILER FORUM. Thank for ruining it
F--K_Luck_AuH2O
4/29/08 2:52:38PM
Nothing is wrong with Kang. He is a good fighter. Misaki, Akiyama, and Moussasi are just better. They are all top opponents, kang could beat cans and "good" fighters all day long. He's attempting to take a tep up, and good for him.

This is just as stupid as people faulting Lutter for loosing to Silva and Franklin (although thats much more understandible because Lutter would have won both those fights if he, you know, cared.)

"Lutters talent deserves a better cardiovascular vessel, and, Kang's talent desrves a stronger game plan."
billycarnage
4/29/08 3:14:42PM
I hope that this makes him reconsider his training methods and overall perspective. Because I think that he has enough talent to be a MW GSP SOMEDAY. He should change camps or training partners. I hope he pulls it all together so we can see him in the UFC. I am a big fan and am sorry he lost. He still has a long career ahead of him.
DevonFoxy
4/29/08 3:29:58PM

Posted by CantAndleDaRiddum

I once had him in my top 10, but now he would be lucky to make top 15. After being finished twice in his last 2 fights & losing 3 of his last 4, i was jsut curious if anyone knew if he changed anything w/ his training or had any issues that might cause him to be on such a bad run.

ive always been a fan, but i never get to see his fights anymore or hear many updates or interviews he does so im totally in the dark as of late.

thoughts or opinions?

This fight added 30 K to my bank account.

I wanted Kang to win but i had a feeling he would be disappointed again but he shouldn't have been so favored in this fight against Mousasi. Perhaps slightly favored but not by leaps and bounds.
F--K_Luck_AuH2O
4/29/08 4:37:17PM
MMAWeekly.com Middle Weight Rankings

#1 Middleweight Fighter in the World: Anderson Silva

2. Paulo Filho

3. Rich Franklin

4. Denis Kang

5. Robbie Lawler

6. Nathan Marquardt

7. Kazuo Misaki

8. Yushin Okami

9. Dan Henderson

10. Frank Trigg

I never understood MMA's bias when ranking. At times they completly ignore results because they believe one fighter just had a bad day, and would be the other 9/10 times. This may be true, but results are results. Kang only won one of his last four fights, with losses to #7 Misaki, NR Akiyama, and NR Moussasi. The mousassi fight is not included in these rankings, but still the Misaki and Akiyama fights should have been enough to drop him.