BJ's Head Games

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » BJ's Head Games
Next Page »
NewGuy
8/10/08 8:33:01AM
BJ looked like he was already in the head of GSP. At the end of the night when he was in the ring asking for the fight with Rush, GSP sounded like he was pressured and uncomfortable with the confrontation with BJ.

I’m sure the UFC set up the confrontation between GSP and BJ for ratings and drama, but BJ took full advantage of it and looks like he has already started playing his head games.
Rabi
8/10/08 8:36:06AM
Gonna be an amazing fight.

Im gonna say Penn UD.

I hope its for the title. I want a 5 rd fight.
imanidiot777
8/10/08 8:41:09AM
I can't believe I'll be picking BJ but I will, and I hope it's a title fight as well AS LONG AS BJ agrees to defend each 2 times a year, that's a lot of fighting but if you want 2 belts that what you should do. Barring injury 4 fights a year is doable, one every 3 months.
masodd
8/10/08 8:47:03AM
BJ will get this win and yea i think he's got in gsp's head already
hippysmacker
8/10/08 9:18:56AM
I will take GSp in any 5 round fight against BJ.
grappler0000
8/10/08 9:24:06AM

Posted by hippysmacker

I will take GSp in any 5 round fight against BJ.

I agree...BJ's cardio has improved, but I think 5 rounds may be a bit much for him against someone with the stamina of GSP. I would give a 3 round fight to BJ though.
The_Metal_Maniac
8/10/08 10:14:48AM
Why would Bj be in the head of GSP? GSP has already beaten him. Controversial or not the victory is on his record. The UFC marketing machine probably tells BJ to rush the into the stage and puts Georges on the spot after going five round. Everyone knows it's going to happen. Decembers card should be ridiculous. I can't wait to see GSP beat BJ again. If Georges wins and Bj is bleeding GSP should lick his blood of his gloves. He wouldn't though because GSP is a class fighter and simply put BJ isn't.
prozacnation1978
8/10/08 10:50:39AM
i know
the guy fought 5 rounds, he is tired like shit and bj comes in like a kid in a new candy store pressuring georges and all
i can tell bj wants the fight
i think it will happen in dec for sure
but i have to go with st pierre
i will be curious to see if this fight is non title 3 rounds or
for the belt but if it is a title shot i think bj needs to give up the lightweight belt before dec
have title match be florian vs ??
jack
8/10/08 11:05:26AM
GSP wasn't uncomfortable with Penn wanting a fight...he was just in a five round war and you expect him to speak normally after exerting all of that energy. Not to mention the fact that English is his second language so him being tired and searching for the right words to say in english can not be easy.
mkiv9secsupra
8/10/08 11:38:40AM
If BJ can prevent the takedown for a couple of rounds then he has chance for a TKO with his superior striking but if he starts getting gassed early then GSP is going to get the UD or a possible late 4th or 5th round TKO.

But wouldnt it be amazing if GSP submitted BJ? not ever going to happen but i think that would shoot GSP up to #1 P4P
IriShame
8/10/08 11:40:05AM
Of course it was set up by the UFC. Penn was in the ring less than one second after GSP said his name. Either way, Penn is going to KO GSP. I don't think he's in GSP's head I just think his takedown defense and power are GSPs kryptonite. He's just gonna whup his ass.
holt8081
8/10/08 12:04:04PM
BJ looked like he wanted to fight right there, he was pumped and that spells trouble for GSP, I got Penn by SUB. in the 3rd or 4th
holt8081
8/10/08 12:05:14PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

i know
the guy fought 5 rounds, he is tired like shit and bj comes in like a kid in a new candy store pressuring georges and all
i can tell bj wants the fight
i think it will happen in dec for sure
but i have to go with st pierre
i will be curious to see if this fight is non title 3 rounds or
for the belt but if it is a title shot i think bj needs to give up the lightweight belt before dec
have title match be florian vs ??

Bj will distroy KenFlo
Pookie
8/10/08 12:30:29PM
Anybody else notice GSP's manager got mad at him when he took the mic and agreed to the fight haha, i think it wasnt meant to be official yet.
jack
8/10/08 1:10:07PM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

If BJ can prevent the takedown for a couple of rounds then he has chance for a TKO with his superior striking but if he starts getting gassed early then GSP is going to get the UD or a possible late 4th or 5th round TKO.

But wouldnt it be amazing if GSP submitted BJ? not ever going to happen but i think that would shoot GSP up to #1 P4P

Since when does BJ have superior striking skills to GSP? Just wondering if I missed some past fights where BJ showed he was a better striker than GSP? I don't think that BJ has it in him to match GSP's pace for 5 rounds of war. His best bet would try and submit him...anything can happen though in a fight.
Franklinfan47
8/10/08 1:59:28PM
Ya, they also said Serra and Hughes were in his head the second time he fought both of them . Please.....

You guys are reading way too much into this. GSP was annoyed that Penn was in the ring trying to overshadow his victory. Wouldn't you be?

Doesnt mean anyone is in his head. And by the way, GSP will beat Penn once again if they do fight.
grappler0000
8/10/08 2:08:05PM

Posted by jack

Since when does BJ have superior striking skills to GSP? Just wondering if I missed some past fights where BJ showed he was a better striker than GSP?

Since BJ tooled GSP on the feet in their fight.
VictimSix
8/10/08 3:10:08PM

Posted by jack
Since when does BJ have superior striking skills to GSP? Just wondering if I missed some past fights where BJ showed he was a better striker than GSP? I don't think that BJ has it in him to match GSP's pace for 5 rounds of war. His best bet would try and submit him...anything can happen though in a fight.

Since ufc 31 pretty much. Gsp is a better kickboxer but Bj's boxing defense has gotten very tight in his last few fights. Imo Gsp and Bj are on par with each other when it comes to striking. I can't wait for this fight again. Two of the baddest guys on the planet in their prime.
Gipper
8/10/08 3:48:18PM
not to sure why bj gets to come up a weight class and fight for a title before silva or even gsp. anderson and georges have done more in the sport in the last 2 or 3 years then bj. if you ask me, if there is one fighter that runs dana'a show it's bj penn. i'm not taking anything away from penn he's a freak of nature and will have a 50/50 chance at beating gsp i'm just saying anderson and georges have completely wiped out their divisions.
JimiMak
8/10/08 3:58:58PM
I'm a huge BJ fan, and not big on GSP, but I think at this point Georges would be too much for him, especially in a 5 rounder. If GSP were gonna drop weight I might feel differently, but that's not gonna happen. At 170 I have to go w/ GSP. He's what Hughes was to the division a few years ago.
DiabloFreak56
8/10/08 6:10:48PM
i think if georges takes him down bj has the BJJ to submit gsp but it will be tough to do so.. and i think bj's stand up is very very good.

im gonna go with BJ in either 4th round sub or a UD
JBatch
8/10/08 7:35:08PM
GSP is going to beat BJ down. It is a huge fight tho and that December card is looking amazing.
Rush
8/10/08 8:15:28PM
I don't think BJ was playing head games. I think he was just being himself.

As for a rematch. Here is how I look at it.

Take away the eye poke and GSP should take a UD on BJ in a 3 rounder. If BJ comes in weighing close to what he should for 170lbs, I reckon it will not be muscle that he put on and will have probs with stamina. If he comes in shape, he'll have a huge weight disadvantage.

Aether
8/10/08 8:40:24PM

Posted by Gipper

not to sure why bj gets to come up a weight class and fight for a title before silva or even gsp. anderson and georges have done more in the sport in the last 2 or 3 years then bj. if you ask me, if there is one fighter that runs dana'a show it's bj penn. i'm not taking anything away from penn he's a freak of nature and will have a 50/50 chance at beating gsp i'm just saying anderson and georges have completely wiped out their divisions.

Probably because neither of those guys had asked to move up and fight for another title. If GSP asked to fight for the middleweight title I'm guessing Dana would let him do so without making him work his way up. It would be a little harder for anderson to do because of how stacked 205 is, but if he wanted to fight at 205 he would definitely also be fast-tracked to a title shot. I would bet he would get a shot after 2 wins max. They don't want to though, so it doesn't matter.
RedCloud
8/10/08 9:53:09PM
Your acting like GSP won by knockout, submission or even a unanimous decision. it was a freaking split homies.

GSP is the best fighter in the world...unless hes fighting BJ Penn.

BJ Penn... Round One... By Death.
Mr_Dead_Sexy
8/10/08 9:57:25PM

Posted by RedCloud

Your acting like GSP won by knockout, submission or even a unanimous decision. it was a freaking split homies.

GSP is the best fighter in the world...unless hes fighting BJ Penn.

BJ Penn... Round One... By Death.

Isn't this being a bit hypocritical? You chastise people by using the argument that it was a "freaking split" then claim that one of the fighters, the one who lost at that, will walk right through the other?
Gipper
8/10/08 11:33:46PM

Posted by Aether

Posted by Gipper

Probably because neither of those guys had asked to move up and fight for another title. If GSP asked to fight for the middleweight title I'm guessing Dana would let him do so without making him work his way up. It would be a little harder for anderson to do because of how stacked 205 is, but if he wanted to fight at 205 he would definitely also be fast-tracked to a title shot. I would bet he would get a shot after 2 wins max. They don't want to though, so it doesn't matter.

it's old news that gsp and silva want to go up and challenge for a title. they just don't communicate in public like bj seems to be doing a lot these days. bj is a loud mouth where as gsp and silva don't talk a lot unless they are talking up their opponent. i'll say it again no 2 fighters have dominated their divisions like gsp and silva. bj has obviously played his cards rite once again.
MaxOne
8/10/08 11:48:52PM
If bj comes in shape he will make it look like gsp isn't as good as he is. if he comes in out of shape then he'll only win.
MaxOne
8/11/08 12:03:06AM

Posted by MaxOne

If bj comes in shape he will make it look like gsp isn't as good as he is. if he comes in out of shape then he'll only win.

i'm kidding, sort of.

I'm pulling for BJ. I think bj is more skilled in every area other than dedication and cardio. I think GSP works harder. 2 of the best ever. should be a glorious fight. I still wish they'd both have several title defenses in their weight classes before they go at it again but you know i'ma beat right in front of the tv for this now matter when it is.
Aether
8/11/08 12:39:59AM
There have been talks of that fight happening but I'm pretty sure that GSP has never specifically asked for the fight.
Pages: [1] 2