MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » UFC's Hall of fame
juanez13
2/2/08 5:14:05PM
Current member

Dan Severn
Ken Shamrock
Royce Gracie
Randy Couture

as most of you know already, mark coleman is rumored to be the next to be inducted into the UFC's hall of fame...

after coleman, who are some of the possibilities that might make it into the UFC's hall of fame next??
Copenhagen
2/2/08 5:19:11PM
Matt Hughes
cowcatcher
2/2/08 5:21:40PM

Posted by Copenhagen

Matt Hughes

thats the one, after him theres some logjamming but he is undoubtably the next sure thing.
jiujitsufreak74
2/2/08 5:22:49PM
i strongly think that pedro rizzo should get in although i don't think that will happen. he was one of the first dominant fighters after the rule changes and always put on great fights. He is 9-5 against the best the UFC had to offer including a KO over barnett (convincing KO), a win over AA, a win over current ufc HoF dan severn (unloaded bombs ending it in the first round), not to mention wins over tank, coleman, rodriguez (who was highly regarded at the time and has beaten couture) and telligman. all of his wins were against top competition, and so were his losses. the man still is showing his expertise in fighting by just KOing monson this september. even his loss to couture (first fight) was a close decision (i had him winning) and 3 of his 5 losses were by decision.if you look at what the man accomplished and who he had accomplished it against you can make a strong case for him to get into the ufc HoF. I mean, randy has 5 losses in the ufc as well, two of which were against opponents rizzo has defeated in barnett and rodriguez.

other fighters that will get in are Matt Hughes, Chuck Liddell, GSP, Tito Ortiz and B.J. Penn
cowcatcher
2/2/08 5:27:00PM
rizzo has a shot, but not while hes fighting elsewhere, i think he is deserving as almost anyone. with coleman getting in i wonder if hes done fighting altogether, or hes going to make another octagon appearance.
Copenhagen
2/2/08 5:51:48PM

Posted by roger

i don't like ken

Posted by roger

Shamrock is a big baby

These posts are completely irrelevant to anything.
backalley101
2/2/08 6:03:06PM
Randy's already in the Hall Of Fame.
jiujitsufreak74
2/2/08 6:11:08PM

Posted by backalley101

Randy's already in the Hall Of Fame.

please read the topic...
backalley101
2/2/08 6:15:21PM
My bad,bro. I read it too quick.
juanez13
2/2/08 6:33:25PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74
other fighters that will get in are Matt Hughes, Chuck Liddell, GSP, Tito Ortiz and B.J. Penn

as for the first part of you post i agree rizzo is deserving, and i think he will be inducted, there is no reason he shouldnt, coleman didnt fight with the UFC a long time before he retired (not sure he is, maybe he is being inducted and might fight wit the UFC), so its not like it matter their recent history with the UFC...............

about guys like liddell, GSP, ortiz, and BJ penn....although i do think they will be in there someday, thats quite a long shot, since it doesnt look like they are gonna stop anytime soon....i was thinking more short term, but thats good....as for hughes, i think after (IF) GSP beats serra, and matt hughes gets a fight with serra, and think he will retire, so i dont think it will be that long before we see hughes in the hall of fame..............as for the long shot, we might see guys like anderson silva, rich franklin, sean sherk, dan henderson(maybe), Tim sylvia ( no doubt i think), andrei arlovski.......................but thats is quite a long shot, they have many years left in this sport, so im not really thinking about long term, im think more short term, guys like pedro rizzo, oleg tanktarov, marco ruas e.t.c...
bullettdodger
2/2/08 6:34:34PM
Perhaps Jens Pulver
juanez13
2/2/08 6:36:21PM

Posted by bullettdodger

Perhaps Jens Pulver

hadnt tought about him, but thats defenately a very good posibility, now that i think about it, i have almost no doubt that he will be in there some time in the future... now that im starting to think Pat Miletich and don frye also seem like good candidates also
stock
2/2/08 6:56:19PM
I really think Pat Miletich is very deserving.
Not only was he a champ for some time, his MFS is responsible for so many UFC wins and belt holders it isn't even funny.

However, unlikely since they pretty much hate each other.
Manfred
2/2/08 7:08:53PM
If they retire today:
Matt (Most dominant WW ever)
Chuck (His Wandy win only solidified it)
Tito (Still holds the record for most consecutive, successful title defenses)
BJ Penn (Two weight class titles)

Probably if they continue to win:
GSP
Anderson
Timmah (Only If he beats Nog, then he'll be 3 time HW champ. Probably needs a few defenses too)

Wild Cards:
Nog
Shogun
Karo
Franklin
Sherk
Boo_Radley21
2/2/08 7:33:58PM

Posted by bullettdodger

Perhaps Jens Pulver

I agree that was going to be my choice. He's the first lighweight champion and at the time was one of the two most dominant lightweight fighters in the UFC. BJ was the other one and he defended the belt against him. He may not have been so dominant at LW later on but I'd say he should get in anyway. Pretty deserving IMO.
TimW001
2/2/08 8:21:06PM
Chuck - Became a face of the UFC as it rised to the mainstream.

Matt Hughes - Very dominant WW champ, beating the best of the best.
Pitbull09
2/2/08 8:49:01PM
No doubt Hughes. Chuck will have too also.

All others are debatable
Gipper
2/2/08 9:06:25PM
matt hughes, chuck liddell, bj penn
richieb19
2/2/08 9:31:33PM
Ken Shamrock... again...

In all seriousness though these four are the only sure bets:

Hughes
Ortiz
Liddell
Penn
juanez13
2/2/08 9:37:16PM

Posted by richieb19

Ken Shamrock... again...

In all seriousness though these four are the only sure bets:

Hughes
Ortiz
Liddell
Penn

yea besides shamrocks name it they should x2.....
UFC hall of fame
randy couture
dan severn
royce gracie
ken shamrock (x2)

in all seriousness, i think guys like marco ruas will make it, maybe aleg taktarov, i doubt it abott will....
Pitbull09
2/2/08 10:40:25PM
Does anyone think Pat Miletich will? I feel sometimes he gets overshadowed by Hughes. He brought a lot to the sport and was a great champ in his time but if you look at the names in there, idk.
stock
2/3/08 4:29:40PM

Posted by Pitbull09

Does anyone think Pat Miletich will? I feel sometimes he gets overshadowed by Hughes. He brought a lot to the sport and was a great champ in his time but if you look at the names in there, idk.

That is exactly what I posted. Not only did he do very well in the UFC, but for just look at how many wins and belts MFS brought to the UFC.
I just don't think he will get in because of all the turmoil b/w him and the UFC right now.

I think (in order) these are the only guys that get in if they were to retire today:
Hughes
Tito
Liddell.

I think Penn could get in with a couple more title defenses.
Remember, he has yet to defend a title successfully.

Everyone else is 4-5 wins (minimum) away from getting HOF consideration.
mrkennedy
2/3/08 6:37:43PM
I think:

Chuck(Dana have a crush on him)
Tito
Hughes()
Gsp(future Hall of famer)