who's your guitar hero?

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » who's your guitar hero?
« Previous Page
DJDark41
3/10/09 2:59:02PM
Buckethead is amazing, and I don't think anyone here is stupid enough to dispute that fact. But, in my eyes, Paul Gilbert is a better shredder and all around guitar player, due to the fact that no matter what he plays, it ALWAYS sounds musically appealing, rather then just a mash-up of really fast notes, which is what I feel Buckethead sounds like sometimes.
Aether
3/10/09 3:22:01PM
I basically have the same point of view, but the way I see it is Buckethead is more at the extremes. He has a lot of really bad crap that is unlistenable, but the stuff that is good is AMAZING. He just has such a massive discography that it takes a long time to sift through the crap, but personally I think his best stuff far surpasses anything that the vast majority of guitar players have done. Gilbert is a great guitar player as well, and he actually taught buckethead for a year for anyone that doesn't know, which is why they sound so similar. A lot of Buckethead's music clearly has it's roots in Paul's style of play.

-edit-
with guys at this level though it pretty much just comes down to preference, because they're all technically brilliant. I just pick up more emotion from Buckethead's playing which is what I look for in music.
zephead
3/10/09 4:58:42PM
This says it all:

LINK
mkiv9secsupra
3/10/09 7:36:44PM
Does Heidi Klum in bra and panties playing guitar hero in the commercial count????
dannyfrank
3/10/09 8:10:53PM
sure, why the hell not?
Pages: 1 2 [3]