Who's Next For GSP?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Who's Next For GSP?
VanellaL47
4/14/07 6:27:25PM
Who does everyone think is gonna be next for GSP? KOS? Deigo?
jdubs
4/14/07 6:29:55PM
for sure not kos, kos will go straight to a title fight, possibly diego, possibly hughes.
Mastodon2
4/14/07 6:48:41PM
Probably Diego, then a rematch with the champ, who may or may not be Serra. If the champ is still Serra, then GSp will take the title and then defend it against Matt again.
VanellaL47
4/14/07 6:52:43PM
If Serra and Hughes fight for the title...I think Hughes will take it back.
hippysmacker
4/14/07 6:58:39PM
I say Kos. I think he will beat him and then face t Hughes after he beats Serra. Then again nothing seems to be happening the way the majority believes it will.
JBatch
4/14/07 8:47:26PM
I agree he should fight Kos and then fight the winner of Hughes vs. Serra. But Fitch is another possible opponent. If GSP fights Kos, Fitch should fight Diego.

And the loser of Hughes Serra should fight the winner of Burkman vs. Parisyan.

I love the WW division.
methodman_90
4/15/07 7:07:53AM
Drew Fickett is also another possibility but I say give him Kos
Rush
4/15/07 9:36:55AM
I don't think he'll fight Joch Koscheck. I thought Dana already said that the winner of the Diego Josh fight was getting title shot.
fedorwins1
4/15/07 11:49:24AM

Posted by Rush

I don't think he'll fight Joch Koscheck. I thought Dana already said that the winner of the Diego Josh fight was getting title shot.

I think Dana said the winner could possibly be thrown into a title shot.
seazer
4/15/07 2:06:54PM
Yeah Dana did mention something like that... As for who's next for GSP, I say KOS.
Juggernaut
4/15/07 10:40:07PM
alright, this is just a personal wish of mine but I say have him fight Nick Diaz just so I can see Diaz get ko'd
The_Metal_Maniac
4/15/07 11:34:54PM
Kos gets the winner of Hughes Serra. GSP will probably get the winner of Burkman Karo. Then the obvious situation is Dana gets to make lots of money on the rubber match between Hughes and GSP. All and all the WW division is awesome. Diego should fight John Fitch, thats a match.
-Virus-
4/15/07 11:42:33PM
What a weird Division right now
Pyrenus
4/16/07 10:22:47AM
I believe Dana said the winner of Diego / Kos would definitely be in title contention. Matt is getting Serra next, so GSP vs Kos would make the most sense. Both guys are healthy, neither got injured during their last fights. Karo and Burkman haven't fougth yet, one of them could sustain an injury that keeps them out for a while.
AdamG
4/16/07 12:13:39PM
GSP has beaten everyone in the division aside from Sanchez, Koscheck and Serra. Koscheck shouldn't be given the title shot after Hughes, because he hasn't beaten anyone other than Sanchez. He should have to beat St. Pierre before he gets a title shot. Hughes gets a title shot after one tune up fight and St. Pierre has to wait? It just doesn't make sense. I wouldn't be surprised to see someone brought in from Pride to mix up the division even more!
garrick
4/16/07 12:32:08PM
I think GSP will fight KOS before KOS gets a title fight. He hasn't really proven himself yet, though he's very capable.
JunCTion
4/16/07 3:49:13PM

Posted by Mastodon2

Probably Diego, then a rematch with the champ, who may or may not be Serra. If the champ is still Serra, then GSp will take the title and then defend it against Matt again.

yah but if hughes were to loose to serra and gsp beats serra hughes wouldnt automatically get another shot. serraa gonna get hughes so gsp shoul get kos.
awechet
4/16/07 9:24:15PM
I would like to see him fight Kos then the winner fights for the title against the Serra/Hughs winner. It will be a great boost for the winner of that fight going into a title bout.
JunCTion
4/17/07 1:57:17PM

Posted by awechet

I would like to see him fight Kos then the winner fights for the title against the Serra/Hughs winner. It will be a great boost for the winner of that fight going into a title bout.

this is how it should go down
SteedTheDeed
4/17/07 2:10:36PM
i see koscheck. hughes will get serra first.
Ultimate_fighter
4/17/07 4:14:54PM
Honestly i think K-OS
pv3Hpv3p
4/17/07 4:42:27PM
Jon Fitch
JWest12
4/17/07 10:39:12PM
I agree with what was said before GSP should fight Kos then the winner of that fights the winner of Hughes vs Serra. I don't believe Kos has proven himself enough for a tittle shot yet. Although he has a decent record half of his wins are via decison and i wasn't all too impressed with the last one he pulled over Sanchez. (Altoguh he for sure won it but i wasn't that great of a fight)