What's a good diet?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » MMA Training » What's a good diet?
Taylor8766
7/11/07 1:28:15PM
Hey I'm 230lbs and I want to make it down to 205lbs before summer ends, and I was wondering what would be a good diet.
SSfighter51
7/15/07 9:09:44PM
this is gonna seem plain, and its hard. but if you want to lose the weight bad enough....its an awesome diet and simple. i do it when i have to cut weight during wrestling season. i made it up pretty much.

ONLY EAT WHATS ON HERE (thats the hard part)

fluids: water (atleast 3/4 gallon to 1 gallon per day) and 2 gatorades.

snacks: 1 piece of fresh fruit, or 1 nutrigrain bar.

breakfeast : -2 egg whites (i like to put hot suace on them for taste)
-1 piece of fresh fruit
-1 piece of toast (no condoments) or nutrigrain bar

Lunch: - Choice of- 1 cup of tuna(no mayonaise! i like to put relish in it), OR
1 piece of grilled chicken

- fresh or steamed vegetable(keep in poportion) OR
chef salad (low fat dressing)

(SNACK)

dinner: SAME AS LUNCH. or exchange the vegtables with fruit.

remember you have to get good workouts in, and eat everything in small poportions! (your gonna be hungray in the beggining but youll get used to it)

but thats how i do it, ive gotten from 165 to 140-145 in three weeks on that during wrestling season.

bayonetxwork
7/15/07 10:27:00PM

Posted by SSfighter51

this is gonna seem plain, and its hard. but if you want to lose the weight bad enough....its an awesome diet and simple. i do it when i have to cut weight during wrestling season. i made it up pretty much.

ONLY EAT WHATS ON HERE (thats the hard part)

fluids: water (atleast 3/4 gallon to 1 gallon per day) and 2 gatorades.

snacks: 1 piece of fresh fruit, or 1 nutrigrain bar.

breakfeast : -2 egg whites (i like to put hot suace on them for taste)
-1 piece of fresh fruit
-1 piece of toast (no condoments) or nutrigrain bar

Lunch: - Choice of- 1 cup of tuna(no mayonaise! i like to put relish in it), OR
1 piece of grilled chicken

- fresh or steamed vegetable(keep in poportion) OR
chef salad (low fat dressing)

(SNACK)

dinner: SAME AS LUNCH. or exchange the vegtables with fruit

Hell yeah, I put hot sauce on almost everything. Although I slack off a little bit in the sodium category, no calories, and makes everything taste good.
TOMMYAYO05
7/16/07 1:59:35AM

ill hand it to u man that looks like a good diet,im going to have to try it because i need to cut from 203 from 185 quick status.
Taylor8766
7/16/07 12:26:15PM
thanks man, i'll give it a try for sure
SSfighter51
7/16/07 1:29:08PM
yeah its pretty solid. like i said ive gone from 165-140 in three weeks. but you have to workout and train pretty hard for that speedy loss.
jdubs
7/16/07 4:17:47PM
eat protein and good carbs, do cardio, stay away from all the fried sh*t... if you really want a detailed diet plan check out bodybuilding.com........the site is absolutley amazing.. also the forums there are very helpful..
Taylor8766
7/16/07 6:09:11PM
i'll check it out
casey64
7/16/07 6:26:36PM
Eat only meat.
masodd
7/16/07 10:10:48PM
eat only meat ok thats real good (bein sarcastic) go to GNC and get some WHEY energy it really works
SSfighter51
7/16/07 10:38:20PM

Posted by casey64

Eat only meat.

thats the mos retarted thing ive heard diet wise. you still need carbohydrates, minerals, and vitamins for your body to function well....duh, have you ever practiced your meat only diet?
TOMMYAYO05
7/16/07 11:47:14PM

thats the mos retarted thing ive heard diet wise. you still need carbohydrates, minerals, and vitamins for your body to function well....duh, have you ever practiced your meat only diet?
JGeyer23
7/17/07 12:22:07AM

Posted by TOMMYAYO05

Yeah, I agree not very good advice. You need a lot more than just meat.. not the "mos retarted" (someone could benefit from spell check) thing I've ever heard, but there's a lot more to a good diet than just meat.

Anyways, that diet ^ there doesn't look too bad if the purpose is to lose weight quickly. I would switch out the fruit with vegetables though. Too much sugar in fruit and that can hinder fat loss.
SteedTheDeed
7/19/07 1:54:49PM

Posted by SSfighter51

Posted by casey64

Eat only meat.

isn't he referring to the atkins diet??
irishmuscle
7/20/07 3:09:15PM
I would say for your meals you wanna have both protein and carbs in them.

Breakfast - Egg whites - oatmeal or grits instant oatmeal now comes in a lowered sugar version which gives you taste so that's nice. With grits i use low fat cheese sprinkles.

Meal 2 - Protein shake usually 50-60 g of protein also 2 tbsp of natural pb

Meal 3 - Grilled chicken breast with a yam, or for a simple easy carb source eat rice cakes with natural peanut butter

Meal 4 - same as 2 or 3

Meal 5 - Could go with the chicken breast or throw in some fish, fish is real good to eat cuz it's very very low in fat and high in protein, good for cutting

Meal 6 - at night i'll usually eat some low fat cottage cheese with some sugar free jelly mixed in, or you could go with a protein shake with some natty pb

It's more of a bodybuilding style of cutting weight, it worked for me i was up around 260 or so in January and by the spring I was down to around 220 and currently at about 209lbs.

A very very effective way of losing weight is a ketogenic diet, which you would throw out your carbohydrates, i used this method as well. It's a little harder to use when you're training for MMA however so I would say the above one is your best bet. Also with your chicken or tuna or steak or fish meals throw in some broccoli or green beans or a green salad with oil/vinegar. Greens are always good to add. The amount of protein depends as well for a bigger guy you'll want probably 6-8 oz of meat per serving.
irishmuscle
7/20/07 3:13:28PM

Breakfast - Egg whites - oatmeal or grits instant oatmeal now comes in a lowered sugar version which gives you taste so that's nice. With grits i use low fat cheese sprinkles.

Meal 3 - Grilled chicken breast with a yam, or for a simple easy carb source eat rice cakes with natural peanut butter

Meal 4 - same as 2 or 3

Meal 5 - Could go with the chicken breast or throw in some fish, fish is real good to eat cuz it's very very low in fat and high in protein, good for cutting

Meal 6 - at night i'll usually eat some low fat cottage cheese with some sugar free jelly mixed in, or you could go with a protein shake with some natty pb

It's more of a bodybuilding style of cutting weight, it worked for me i was up around 260 or so in January and by the spring I was down to around 220 and currently at about 209lbs.

A very very effective way of losing weight is a ketogenic diet, which you would throw out your carbohydrates, i used this method as well. It's a little harder to use when you're training for MMA however so I would say the above one is your best bet. Also with your chicken or tuna or steak or fish meals throw in some broccoli or green beans or a green salad with oil/vinegar. Greens are always good to add. The amount of protein depends as well for a bigger guy you'll want probably 6-8 oz of meat per serving.
Taylor8766
7/20/07 6:12:16PM
Is that all in one day
irishmuscle
7/20/07 11:18:46PM
Yes, all in one day. 5-6 meals spread throughout the day every 2 - 3 hours. Like I said the portion sizes will vary based on the size of the guy like at 210lbs i want more protein than smaller sized guys. It seems like a lot of food but trust me, it'll speed up your metabolism plus with cardio 4-5 times a week, you'll lose weight. Like I said I lost weight from 260 down to what I am currently at 210 or so. Your sources are mainly protein with carbs that are lower glycemic. Protein will build muscle which will in turn burn up fat.
SSfighter51
7/21/07 12:13:23AM

Posted by irishmuscle

Meal 4 - same as 2 or 3

seems like a good diet, but for some one like me, an others...i like simplicity, and not such specifics.