"It's Gonna Be A Knockout!" Rashad Evans

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » "It's Gonna Be A Knockout!" Rashad Evans
aznteabagger
7/2/07 10:58:53AM
This Saturday night, ‘Sugar’ Rashad Evans is going to take on his toughest opponent thus far in the former light heavyweight champion Tito Ortiz. The rivalry has been brewing for a couple months since their altercation at UFC 69, where Tito and Rashad were talking some trash to each other, when Tito shoved him. Tito even went as far as to call Rashad a “nappy headed ho” on an internet forum. Now the time is almost here to settle the score.

LINK
boob
7/2/07 11:24:41AM
I can't wait to see Tito get knocked out!!
InkedUp
7/2/07 11:59:33AM
I dont know if Rashad is gonna knock Tito out, but I still got him winning.
Metafour
7/2/07 12:10:15PM

Posted by InkedUp

Agreed, Tito is not an easy fighter to finish. I think Rashad will end up taking this to a decision.
kevietre
7/2/07 12:40:20PM

Posted by InkedUp

Pokejr
7/2/07 2:31:05PM
Rashad will knock Tito out!!!
DevonFoxy
7/2/07 3:19:39PM
Hmm lets c guys who have knocked Ortiz out lets see.....Chuck Liddell and oh look at that Chuck Liddell. Interesting wait who has beaten Tito lets investigate Guy Mezger, Randy Couture, Frank Shamrock, and Chuck Liddell. 4 guys have beaten Tito. and hes faced and beat guys like Wandi and Guy Mezger and Vitor Belfort. Yea im telling u this one is a clear knock out in the favor of Rashad . Ortiz is still Tito Ortiz people hes a beast his Stamina is 20xs better then Rashads is going to be if this round goes out of the first which most everyone has it going Rashad isnt gonna be able to breathe because as we know Ortiz is on every fighter like white on rice. So for teveryone saying its gonna be a knock out you may want to evaluate this fight. Ortiz is the first guy of a High caliber fighter Rashad has faced. Hes got nothing on Ortiz and it will be proved Saturday when Ortiz hand is raised
nubby
7/2/07 4:09:59PM

Posted by DevonFoxy

Hmm lets c guys who have knocked Ortiz out lets see.....Chuck Liddell and oh look at that Chuck Liddell. Interesting wait who has beaten Tito lets investigate Guy Mezger, Randy Couture, Frank Shamrock, and Chuck Liddell. 4 guys have beaten Tito. and hes faced and beat guys like Wandi and Guy Mezger and Vitor Belfort. Yea im telling u this one is a clear knock out in the favor of Rashad . Ortiz is still Tito Ortiz people hes a beast his Stamina is 20xs better then Rashads is going to be if this round goes out of the first which most everyone has it going Rashad isnt gonna be able to breathe because as we know Ortiz is on every fighter like white on rice. So for teveryone saying its gonna be a knock out you may want to evaluate this fight. Ortiz is the first guy of a High caliber fighter Rashad has faced. Hes got nothing on Ortiz and it will be proved Saturday when Ortiz hand is raised

It's no use, people's hate of Tito make them say the sort of things that sound ludicrous to you and I.
TWITA
7/2/07 4:20:43PM
Tito GnP's Rashad in Round 2. Rashad meant to say "I'm Gonna Get Knocked Out".
Lord_Lenny
7/2/07 4:41:32PM

Posted by nubby

Posted by DevonFoxy

It's no use, people's hate of Tito make them say the sort of things that sound ludicrous to you and I.

I have been trying to say that. Well said
Sam_Rothstein
7/2/07 4:58:44PM
im betting every dollar i have on tito

but im rooting for rashad

wierd huh?
nubby
7/2/07 5:03:15PM

Posted by Sam_Rothstein

im betting every dollar i have on tito

but im rooting for rashad

wierd huh?

Not that weird. It means you hate Tito but recognize his skill and experience.
TWITA
7/2/07 5:12:01PM
not weird. I picked Sylvia to beat Randy but wanted (and cheered for) Randy to win the fight. If that theory works, I'm picking Gonzaga to KO Randy at 74.
ElXicano
7/2/07 5:50:33PM
I have Tito winning this one.

Sure, Rashad in undefeated, but he has barely fought anyone (granted his wrestling is great). Also, Tito needs this win if he wants to stay in the title contention.

However, I am not sure which Tito we'll see (the "pre-Jenna" era or "Jenna" era Tito).

If Tito is in pre-Jenna form I see Tito winning via decision.
MisFiT
7/2/07 5:51:26PM
And I'm lookin forward to it.
FeelTheJoy
7/2/07 7:17:41PM

Posted by Lord_Lenny

Posted by nubby

Posted by DevonFoxy

I have been trying to say that. Well said

same here man. agree with you 100%. people either love him or hate him. and i love him. in a none homosexual way.
TOMMYAYO05
7/2/07 9:47:46PM
I agree with these guys i mean Tito is so hated by so many people they all just say he is gonna lose when really u have to respect him i mean the best cardio in the game,and ground and pound.he is gonna hurt Rashad,Rashad dug his grave now he has to lie in in it.Tito can beat anyone in my mind except Chuck really thats his only loss in forever and Chuck just has his number as does Rampage over Chuck.
cincyassasin
7/3/07 12:58:26AM

Posted by boob

I can't wait to see Tito get knocked out!!

I can't wait to see the lok on your face when Tito levels Rashad out.
cmill21
7/3/07 1:13:36AM
Rashads not a decrepid shamrock. Name the lest 9 fights tito's been in...beat shamrock 3 times...lost to liddell twice, randy once won two split decisions(i think forrest won) and beat Patrick Cote...woo impressive, come on tito hasn't done anything in the last 5 years.
cincyassasin
7/3/07 1:46:10AM
and what has Rashad done?
xphycorx
7/3/07 3:30:02AM
tito is gonna whoop his ass all over the octagon!
Lord_Lenny
7/3/07 5:42:14AM

Posted by cmill21

Rashads not a decrepid shamrock. Name the lest 9 fights tito's been in...beat shamrock 3 times...lost to liddell twice, randy once won two split decisions(i think forrest won) and beat Patrick Cote...woo impressive, come on tito hasn't done anything in the last 5 years.

Come on man. I do agree that he needs some wins over tougher competition but its not like he had any trouble with shamrock, who isnt the complete pushover everyone makes him out to be, and he didnt take the third fight to boost his record, he did it for the fans upset with the second. I've seen the forrest fight more than any fight ever, iv broken it down and tito wins, with a knee injury that hindered his takedowns. He beat Belfort, and Cote. In one fight with liddell he lasted longer than 5 of his previous opponents combined. And took the second round. Losing to liddell and couture in the last five years isnt that bad. Rashad kicked a guy in the face with no stand up and has beaten...Sam Hoger?...woo impressive, come on Rashad hasnt done anything in his whole life.
InkedUp
7/3/07 7:25:43AM
Dont get me wrong, Rashad has been known to gas in just about every fight I have ever seen him in. But I think Tito might just be that opponet that he takes dead serious and goes insane training wise.
Aether
7/3/07 8:35:30AM
yeah look, I hate tito's attitude as much as the biggest tito hater, he's a massive crybaby and he thinks he's the best thing since sliced bread. Despite that fact, I have a hard time picking rashad to beat him. Tito is still top 10 at LHW easily and rashad's perfect record is really worth nothing when you consider how he got it. I don't think kicking the karate kid in the head is honestly going to amount to much when he's in the octagon with a real contender. Rashad doesn't impress me, I don't see him pulling this victory out in any possible scenario, and I hate tito a lot more than rashad so you know this isn't a matter of personal bias.