Who's the fighter with the hardest head?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Who's the fighter with the hardest head?
Next Page »
cmill21
6/13/07 8:31:24PM
Didn't want to make this a poll since i didn't want to leave anyone off. So post up who you think is the toughest fighter in MMA. Sorry if it's been done. The Stout/Fisher fight inspired me. My vote goes to Mark Hunt, reason being I think he's take the most Mirko 'Cro Cop' Filipovic head kicks without being knocked out. The one in my avtar resulted in Hunt getting up almost immediatly and saying "i'm fine". Thats not the only reason I chose him. But he has my vote for Stone head of MMA.
fedorwins1
6/13/07 8:32:56PM
Hunt no doubt
MattHughesFan
6/13/07 8:50:00PM
Quinton Jackson b/c he took so many knees from silva b4 finally going down.

Link
Stickan
6/13/07 8:55:41PM

Posted by cmill21

Didn't want to make this a poll since i didn't want to leave anyone off. So post up who you think is the toughest fighter in MMA. Sorry if it's been done. The Stout/Fisher fight inspired me. My vote goes to Mark Hunt, reason being I think he's take the most Mirko 'Cro Cop' Filipovic head kicks without being knocked out. The one in my avtar resulted in Hunt getting up almost immediatly and saying "i'm fine". Thats not the only reason I chose him. But he has my vote for Stone head of MMA.

Totally agree. I don't even know if you can argue against Hunt as having the hardest head. I've never seen him stunned in MMA.
hippysmacker
6/13/07 8:56:44PM
Hunt and Fujita IMO.
MisFiT
6/13/07 9:51:24PM
bayonetxwork
6/13/07 10:06:52PM
Hunt, with Cabbage as runner up.
cmill21
6/13/07 10:08:07PM
I think stout deserves an honerable mention. I coulden't believe he didn't get KO'd or even knocked down until the third of course.
GrandMaster313
6/14/07 12:20:29AM
Royce Gracie took nsome beatings in his time and had a great MMA record.
KillaMed87
6/14/07 12:27:42AM
Id have to go with cabbage, his fight with tiim silvya...he took a three round beating without going down once. He got pounded in the face the entire fight
Ultimate_fighter
6/14/07 12:51:15AM
I would say,,,
1. Hunt
2. Cabbage
3. Rampage
4. Ortiz... some people might not agree, but the only time he has ever got ko-ed was when chuck clipped him in their first fight, after he poked his eye(this isn;t an excuse).. other than that he lost by 2 tko's i think and 2 submissions i think, not sure. In the forest fight they had, he got hit with a lot of bombs that could of put away people, and he never got hurt. Tito's blocking it also quite good.
Ultimate_fighter
6/14/07 12:53:08AM

Posted by KillaMed87

Id have to go with cabbage, his fight with tiim silvya...he took a three round beating without going down once. He got pounded in the face the entire fight

Yeah, that fight was on Unleashed tonight, man did he ever get it, but i thought 2rounds, not sure.... but yea, WOW.. is all i gotta say
cmill21
6/14/07 1:08:36AM
I just watched the Mirko/hunt fight...the one in pride, and wow can that man take some huuuge impacts. I really can't believe he wasn't KO'd a couple times.
loller90278
6/14/07 1:19:02AM

Posted by GrandMaster313

Royce Gracie took nsome beatings in his time and had a great MMA record.

wow, thats silly.

i'll say

big nog
fujita
hunt
gomi
diaz
cabbage
rampage

(thats in no order)
and ill nominate tito for his gigantic head size
EEKS
6/14/07 3:51:23AM
Big nog and Mark Hunt
Mastodon2
6/14/07 6:14:03AM
Hunt without a doubt, he took so many knock out shots in his wars with Cro Cop and Le Banner and just kept coming, there is no stopping him! (without resorting to Submissions )

I'd love to see Hunt vs Cabbage, Cabbage has a really hard head too, but he is so sloppy, whereas Hunt is a great striker, it would be a war...or 3 rounds of Cabbage looking like a human punch bag
fedorwins1
6/14/07 12:54:45PM

Posted by EEKS

Big nog and Mark Hunt

Oh yea how could I forget Big Nog?

1. Hunt
2. Big Nog
3. Cabbage
4. Rampage
blkssncpt
6/14/07 1:33:30PM

Posted by bayonetxwork

Hunt, with Cabbage as runner up.

No doubt... Hunt has the Samoan blood so heavy hitter and thick bones and cabbage is just a freak of nature, and also has qiuck hands for his size
pv3Hpv3p
6/14/07 3:34:53PM
I'll have to say it's a tie between Big Nog and Hunt... I almost want to give the edge to Nog, just because Hunt is so damn big you'd almost excpect him to be unstoppable, while Nog kinda has that unassuming look to him...

Honerable mentions go out to...

"Iron Head" Fujita
Nick Diaz
Rampage

And.... Drum roll please...

Muhamed Ali(sp?)
MisFiT
6/14/07 3:36:10PM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

I'll have to say it's a tie between Big Nog and Hunt... I almost want to give the edge to Nog, just because Hunt is so damn big you'd almost excpect him to be unstoppable, while Nog kinda has that unassuming look to him...

Honerable mentions go out to...

"Iron Head" Fujita
Nick Diaz
Rampage

And.... Drum roll please...

Muhamed Ali(sp?)

Muhammad.
pv3Hpv3p
6/14/07 4:04:30PM

Posted by MisFiT

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Muhamed Ali(sp?)

Muhammad.

Whatever... Ya'all know what I meant
DJDark41
6/14/07 9:56:37PM
Wesley "Cabbage" Correira definitly takes the cake on this one. His fight with Tim Sylvia was the ultimate proof. I've never seen anyone take that many punches(especially from a guy like Tim Sylvia)and stay on their feet, and take abuse for so long. He got beat down like no one I've ever seen before, and if his corner didn't stop the fight, no doubt he would've had his face smashed in for another round. Cabbage was gonna keep going until he got put to sleep or the fight ended...if his corner didn't throw in the towel, he would've stayed into that fight to the end. Props to Cabbage for taking one hell of a beating.
Northrend
6/15/07 3:31:39AM
Hunt, Big Nog, Gomi, Norifumi Kid Yamamoto, Hendo.

Hunt vs Crocop at Shockwave 2005 if you don't believe that he has a good chin.
hippysmacker
6/15/07 4:52:44AM

Posted by EEKS

Big nog and Mark Hunt

I think Big Nog has the best chin. Different than hardest head to me. Maybe it's just a personal distinction, but Hunt always has his chin tucked and never seems to get hit on it much. Nog has been popped on the chin so many times it amazes me.
nWo
6/15/07 5:25:16AM

Posted by fedorwins1

Hunt no doubt

hunt or fujita
ultimatefighter33
6/15/07 8:49:39AM
yes i agree mark hunt has the hardest skull in mma
pv3Hpv3p
6/15/07 11:08:30AM

Posted by Northrend

Hunt, Big Nog, Gomi, Norifumi Kid Yamamoto, Hendo.

Hunt vs Crocop at Shockwave 2005 if you don't believe that he has a good chin.

I can't believe everyone on this thread (including myself) forgot about Hendo... Gotta give you props for that one...
Leland
6/21/07 1:36:42PM
Butterbean

lolz
papercut
6/21/07 2:17:53PM
as alot of other people say Hunt and Fujita (the man's nickname is ironhead for a reason)
MMA_Needs_Mayhem
6/21/07 3:29:18PM
Two nutjobs who take the top prize are Ray Sefo and Mark Hunt. I think they fought in K-1 (correct me if I'm wrong) and they stood there laughing at each other while they took turns throwing bombs at each other.

Cabbage has the hardest head but if only he could use it to headbutt someone because it was useless in the sylvia and arlovski fights.
Pages: [1] 2