I'll be doing the YAMMA Live Round Play by Play

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » Spoilers Forum » I'll be doing the YAMMA Live Round Play by Play
Next Page »
hotrodttt
4/11/08 8:55:19PM
Yes I'll give my Predictions and I'll go in depth on what happens in the Rounds. I'll be Watching it via Pay Per View because it looks like a Pretty Good Card.

So Tune in if you want to know what will happen

Lamont Lister vs Oleg Savitsky

Wow ! Big hand from Lister that puts Saivtsky on his back, Lamont follows it up with some Ground and Pound that Stops the Fight.

Result : Lamont Lister wins at 34 Seconds of Round 1 via T(KO)

Antwain Britt vs Bryan Vettel

[Vettel gets Britt to his back and punches on the slope until the ref stands them up. Britt gets to his feet and catches Bryan with some Good Punches and forces him to pull guard. Britt gets the mount and Punches for about a minute. The Judges score it 10-9 Vettel and he gets the Victory

Result : Bryan Vettel via Unanimous Decision

Sherman Pendergarst vs Alexey Olinik

Sherman gets a takedown but no action so it's stood up, Alexey lands a nice right hand and gets a takedown. It's stood up after no action. Alexey gets another takedown into half guard where he's able to secure an Arm Triangle Choke.

Result : Alexey Oleinik Wins via 1st Round Submission

Chris Tuscherer vs Tony Sylvester

Chris Tuscherer gets a Takedown and works good with Ground and Pound, he landed some Good Knees to the midsection and another Takedown. Tony gives up his back but Chris never put his hooks in. The Judges score the bout 10-9 for Chris Tuscherer

Result : Chris Tuscherer via Unanimous Decision

Travis Wiuff vs Marcelo Pereira

Travis gets the Takedown and punches with not many landing, Marcelo punches from the bottom and seeing that nothing is happening, Dan Mergliotta stands them up. Another Takedown from Wiuff and he punches and passes to side control but Marcelo regains full guard. The Round comes to a close. The judges score the bout 10-9 for Travis Wiuff.

Result : Travis Wiuff via Unanimous Decision

Ricco Rodruiguez vs George Bush

Ricco Looks Great in this Fight against a Game George Bush, he gets a Takedown and after a scramble Ricco suplexes George onto his head then Takes his back. He loses the back after a scramble but then land some leg kicks then a good left hand. The croud yells Ricco ! Ricco ! Ricco ! He gets another Takedown and has the back for the last 30 seconds of the Fight. The judges score the bout 10-9 for Ricco Rodruigez.

Result: Ricco Rodriguez via Unanimous Decision

Mark Kerr vs Oleg Taktorov

Mark takes Oleg down and put him up against the fence but they end up standing, Mark lands a Great Right hand and goes to the Ground, Oleg gets a Kneebar that makes Mark tap !

Result : Oleg Taktorov via 1st Round Submission

Semi - Finals Predictions

Chris Tuscherer via Unanimous Decision
Ricco Rodriguez via Unanimous Decision

Alexey Oleinik vs Chris Tuscherer

Chris takes Alex down and after releasing a Standing Guillotine, Alex work for a Triangle Choke but Chirs works out of it. They stay on the Ground for 3 more minutes and Chris passes to Side Control before the Round comes to an end. The judges score the bout 10-9 for Chris Tuscherer.

Result : Chris Tuscherer via Unanimous Decision

Travis Wiuff vs Ricco Rodriguez

Travis gets a Takedown and no action in means of punching, he just dominates with his Wrestling and is on his way to a Decision. The judges score the bout 10-9 for Travis Wiuff.

Result : Travis Wiuff via Unanimous Decision

Butterbean vs Pat Smith

They were trading when all of a sudden Pat Smith kicks Butterbeans Leg which trips him, and unable to move on the Ground, Pat Smith just kept puching and elbowing until Butterbean Verbally Submitted.

Result : Pat Smith Wins via 1st Round Submission

Heavyweight Tournament Finals Predictions

Travis Wiuff via 2nd Round T(KO)

Travis Wiuff vs Chris Tuscherer

Round 1 - Travis takes Chris down with a Nice Throw, he has side control and almost gets rolled. They stand then Travis takes Chris down and after little action the Fight is stood up. Travis then Knocks Chris down with a Nice Right and it looks like Chris is Knocked out. But he's not but it looks like his nose is broken. I score it 10-9 Wiuff

Round 2 - Travis takes him down and after 2 minutes of inactivity the Fight is stood up. Nobody lands anything significant. Chris land some nice jabs and so does Travis.
10-9 Wiuff

Round 3 - Travis takes him down again and reigns elbows down. AND OH TRAVIS WIN VIA FLYING GOGOPLATA ! Just kidding The Fight is stood up again and Chris gets a Takedown and lands a few nice punches. They Stand Up and Travis lands a nice Right hand. Chris answers with a nice Left hand that Rocks Wiuff and Chris gets emmidiatly taken down. 10-9 Wiuff

I score the bout 30-27 for Travis Wiuff

Result : The Judges Score the bout 29-28, 30-27, and 30-27 for Travis Wiuff
IriShame
4/11/08 8:59:12PM
I don't think it looks like an excellent card at all. Maybe if this was 1998 I'd be down. However, I am interested in who wins, so sadly I will be following your posts. Thanks for taking one for the team.
juanez13
4/11/08 9:00:25PM

Posted by hotrodttt
because it looks like an Excellent Card.

hotrodttt
4/11/08 9:03:28PM

Posted by juanez13

Posted by hotrodttt

Come on Man an 8 Man Tournament, even though some Fighters have gotten older and their skills have diminished. Well Yes your Right , it was a pretty bold statement
Aaronno9
4/11/08 9:05:02PM
What time does it start?
jiujitsufreak74
4/11/08 9:07:28PM

Posted by Aaronno9

What time does it start?

it started at 9 ET so about 7 min ago
bullettdodger
4/11/08 9:11:31PM
is it a ppv, is there a stream, what channel is it on.... could i ask anymore questions?
juanez13
4/11/08 9:12:23PM

Posted by hotrodttt

Posted by juanez13

Posted by hotrodttt

Come on Man an 8 Man Tournament, even though some Fighters have gotten older and their skills have diminished. Well Yes your Right , it was a pretty bold statement

.... but i do have to thank you for putting the play by play, its a shameful job, but someone had to do it
juanez13
4/11/08 9:15:20PM

Posted by bullettdodger

is it a ppv, is there a stream, what channel is it on.... could i ask anymore questions?

its seems like MMA-tv wont be showing it, right now the have butterbean vs cabbage, i was hoping it'd be there, but unfourtunately i have to settle by PbP.
bullettdodger
4/11/08 9:16:08PM
sigh, thanks
hotrodttt
4/11/08 9:19:32PM
Predictions

Lamont Lister via 1st Round Submission
Brian Vettel via 1st Round Submission

Tournament

Alexey Oleinik via Unanimous Decision
Chris Tuscherer via 1st Round Submission
Travis Wiuff via 1st Round T(KO)
Ricco Rodriguez via 1st Round Submission

Super Fights

Mark Kerr via 1st Round Submission
Butterbean via 1st Round T(KO)

As soon as the Match Up for the Semi Finals and Finals are Announced then I'll give my Predictions.

Feel free to give your Predictions
Copenhagen
4/11/08 9:23:12PM
I hope George Bush wins it all, just so it can be even more comical.
loller90278
4/11/08 10:13:43PM
im watching it right now on mma-tv via sopcast.

i want to turn it off but its kind of like a horrible movie where you want to watch just for laughs..

listen to this announcer!!! oh boy
hotrodttt
4/11/08 10:15:25PM

Posted by loller90278

im watching it right now on mma-tv via sopcast.

i want to turn it off but its kind of like a horrible movie where you want to watch just for laughs..

listen to this announcer!!! oh boy

Yeah what's up with his voice, that monotone is annoying
loller90278
4/11/08 10:21:13PM
oleinic wins by a choke that my 76 year old grandma wouldn't tap to.

Basshandsome
4/11/08 10:23:28PM
I know I am in the large minority here but.. I like the one night tournaments. I also think its kinda cool that they have some of the pioneers of MMA fighting. I would watch it but I have a huge exam tommorrow so I am studying but will be checkin results once and a while.

*hangs head and puts on flame retardant suit*

RMFG_187
4/11/08 10:49:11PM
I AM GOING TO F-IN KILL THAT ANNOYING FOOL THEY CALL AN ANNOUNCER!

worst voice ever let alone for a announcer.
RMFG_187
4/11/08 10:51:01PM

Posted by Basshandsome

I know I am in the large minority here but.. I like the one night tournaments. I also think its kinda cool that they have some of the pioneers of MMA fighting. I would watch it but I have a huge exam tommorrow so I am studying but will be checkin results once and a while.

I gotta agree, im not a big fan of 2 nights of 2 round fights, I enjoy 1 night, 3 fights 1 round! Good idea, but not all the time, maybe once every year - 2
Aaronno9
4/11/08 10:51:36PM
Whats the "incline"?
Basshandsome
4/11/08 11:00:50PM

Posted by Aaronno9

Whats the "incline"?

The edge of the cage has an "incline" to keep the action going.
RMFG_187
4/11/08 11:02:56PM
BY THE WAY, ITS ON MMA-TV
juanez13
4/11/08 11:08:40PM

Posted by Basshandsome

i actually love tournaments, thats why i watch alot of k-1, but they have to be done right, and IMO this is not the right way. looks like ricco won a UD.
bullettdodger
4/11/08 11:11:51PM

Posted by RMFG_187

BY THE WAY, ITS ON MMA-TV

link for the lazy folks?
RMFG_187
4/11/08 11:17:24PM
TVU Netwroks

Go to Watch TV and look for:

MMA-TV
bullettdodger
4/11/08 11:27:24PM

Posted by RMFG_187

TVU Netwroks

MMA-TV

thanks, it seems though that its either the fact that i am using a mac or cause i don't have the right kind of browser (thought firefox was the standard but w/e) so i guess not yamma action for me :(
WhiteWidow
4/11/08 11:44:34PM

Posted by RMFG_187

TVU Netwroks

MMA-TV

what channel is it on on TVU?
RMFG_187
4/12/08 12:25:07AM
MMA-TV...
WhiteWidow
4/12/08 12:33:03AM
couldnt find anything that said MMA anything when yamma started, whatever i just wanted a channel number, its over now
RMFG_187
4/12/08 12:34:51AM
ohhhh

and its not over yet
DCRage
4/12/08 7:53:07AM
Just read a recap of the show on another site, seems this show had F to the A to the I to the L written all over it. The guy who did the coverage did at least have enough to call Bush George W. Bush. Made YAMMA sound more like YAWNA.
Pages: [1] 2