UFC's HW division and Randy Couture's future there

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » UFC's HW division and Randy Couture's future there
Pskinner_mma314
8/9/08 4:52:48AM
In my opinion the HW division of the UFC is by far the weakest of them all. I've heard that Cro cop made it better, but he had one decent performance against Sanchez and then got owned by Gonzaga(who I think is overrated by the way), and then got grinded out by Kongo who is not exactly a pushover. UFC has not been great in their pursuit for the greatest HW. They let Arlovski go...... BIG mistake. They didn't sign Fedor cause of their lack of interest in funds for him, resulting in one of the legends saying,"Hey I don't wanna be there unless I can fight Fedor." They had a great HW division. Couture obviously being #1, and Arlovski, and Nog. Sylvia to this day does not impress me though, even with his wins over "The Pitbull"(which were also lucky in my opinion). Now if I grew up on a farm and was retarded, Sylvia might impress me, but I didn't so he doesn't.

Fedor would own anyone in the UFC, with the exception of Randy cause well, talk about a fight noone can call.

Which leads me to this:

Say Couture and Fedor by some miracle sign with UFC. Nog is interim champ...... would Randy have to fight him (considering he is still champ after the Mir fight).

Or would they give him the undisputed title and let Fedor fight him for it. Well then you get into the bs that crybaby Tito puts in, fair treatment for fighters.

Somethin to think about huh?
Purge
8/9/08 6:35:12AM
Agree 100% with this, I doubt Fedor is ever gonna fight in teh UFC though, there are plenty of other promotions willing to pay big bucks. Although there are many great HWs, not one of them is as impressive as Fedor.
postman
8/9/08 10:20:11AM

Posted by Pskinner_mma314

In my opinion the HW division of the UFC is by far the weakest of them all. I've heard that Cro cop made it better, but he had one decent performance against Sanchez and then got owned by Gonzaga(who I think is overrated by the way), and then got grinded out by Kongo who is not exactly a pushover. UFC has not been great in their pursuit for the greatest HW. They let Arlovski go...... BIG mistake. They didn't sign Fedor cause of their lack of interest in funds for him, resulting in one of the legends saying,"Hey I don't wanna be there unless I can fight Fedor." They had a great HW division. Couture obviously being #1, and Arlovski, and Nog. Sylvia to this day does not impress me though, even with his wins over "The Pitbull"(which were also lucky in my opinion). Now if I grew up on a farm and was retarded, Sylvia might impress me, but I didn't so he doesn't.

Fedor would own anyone in the UFC, with the exception of Randy cause well, talk about a fight noone can call.

Which leads me to this:

Say Couture and Fedor by some miracle sign with UFC. Nog is interim champ...... would Randy have to fight him (considering he is still champ after the Mir fight).

Or would they give him the undisputed title and let Fedor fight him for it. Well then you get into the bs that crybaby Tito puts in, fair treatment for fighters.

Somethin to think about huh?

MMAcca
8/9/08 10:46:11AM
Randy will never fight in the UFC again.

Big Nog will beat Fedor in a cage.
Khaos
8/9/08 7:48:23PM
Doubtful Couture will ever fight again in the UFC.

Fedor may be impressive in the ring, until he steps in a cage and beats a name opponent, I'd say that NOG, Arlovski, and Barnett would beat him in a cage.
Aether
8/9/08 8:40:43PM
I don't understand that logic at all. Cages favour GnP styles like Fedor's. If he has Nog stacked against the cage raining punches down on him it's going to be significantly harder for him to pull a submission or escape than if he were on the ground in the middle of the ring (since they generally pull fighters away from the ropes in a ring) in a ring you're almost always going to have a lot more space to maneuver which is an advantage to a fighter like Nog or Barnett. Arlovski is a lower level practitioner of the same discipline as Fedor.

It doesn't seem to matter what the guy does lol. I figured when he demolished tim sylvia in 36 seconds people would run out of excuses but I guess the shape and construction of the arena he's fighting in is what makes him win now. I agree that Nog and Barnett have a decent chance to beat him IF he makes a mistake and they capitalize on it, but to say that they would be the favourite in a cage but not a ring seems nonsensical.
Aether
8/9/08 8:46:37PM
It's impossible in my mind to ever call Nog the favourite against Fedor even if you think a cage would actually give him an advantage which I disagree with, he beat him so badly twice already.
jocksmall
8/10/08 12:27:08AM

Posted by MMAcca

Randy will never fight in the UFC again.

Big Nog will beat Fedor in a cage.

dude u r crazy , ufc fans think that guys are suddenly better once in the ufc. fedor would destroy big nog who is a great fighter . so would josh barnett. oh yea they both have already beat big nog