What's the deal with women in the office eating NON-STOP?

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » What's the deal with women in the office eating NON-STOP?
emfleek
10/7/08 12:02:42PM
I've never understood this. I've been working in an office environment for the past 10 years and if the 2 jobs I've had in those 10 years had anything in common, it's the fact that the women working at both places are ALWAYS eating. I'm not over-exaggerating, either. They (most of the women in my office) always have something that they're eating.

It drives me nuts. Especially when we have a carry-in/potluck. Everyone gets here at 8am and you can bet your ass that SOMEONE is munching on something by 8:30. It never fails.

Anyways...I'm done rambling. Pardon me for being edgy. The mother-in-law is staying at my house for a week.

JohnnyNapalm
10/7/08 12:11:49PM

Posted by emfleek

I've never understood this. I've been working in an office environment for the past 10 years and if the 2 jobs I've had in those 10 years had anything in common, it's the fact that the women working at both places are ALWAYS eating. I'm not over-exaggerating, either. They (most of the women in my office) always have something that they're eating.

It drives me nuts. Especially when we have a carry-in/potluck. Everyone gets here at 8am and you can bet your ass that SOMEONE is munching on something by 8:30. It never fails.

Anyways...I'm done rambling. Pardon me for being edgy. The mother-in-law is staying at my house for a week.

Eating is like sex for some women in that they get similar gratification. For example, watch closely next time as one of them twirls that banana around her mouth, even when in conversation with a co-worker. To the untrained eye she's playing with her food, but to the trained eye...

So in reality, they're fokking all day in the office. Don't believe me? Bring some Twinkies to work and feel the heat.

Word.
mkiv9secsupra
10/7/08 1:47:08PM

Posted by emfleek

hahaha i know what you mean..its like everywhere i have worked there is always the woman who is eating a bag of chips!!! WTF is that?

Yeah mother in laws suck. Mine ALWAYS has to have something to bitch at. She bitches if no one talks to her WHILE WE ARE WATCHING A MOVIE!!! Or tells me how to raise my daughter?! I want to kill her 90% of the time. Thats why i dont go near her house anymore......
kopower
10/7/08 10:47:11PM
Totally agree. I work for a health care company and I swear 80 percent of the women there are morbidly obese. We even have a few that need wheelchairs to get around cause they are so big. Our vending machines get raided constantly and in our lunch room we have 4 fridges!!! Of course it is filled with mostly womens lunches and snacks. Not kinding either Sometimes I get scared to walk into the lunch room alone cause I may get eaten alive
Jackelope
10/7/08 11:09:07PM
What if I'm a guy and I'm always eating something? Does that mean that deep inside I'm really just a morbidly obese woman?
rabbit915
10/7/08 11:37:44PM
Ive never thought about it before but the two women that i worked with while interning this summer always were eating. Always.
Darnok
10/8/08 4:09:17PM
In all the places I have worked I have only seen this once and she was LARGE because of it. But then again Engineering is pretty male dominated so I don't work with a lot of women.
iwannabesedated
10/8/08 4:15:18PM
Dude i work with a bunch of middle aged women that

A:Never been married
B:Widowed
C:Going thru Menopause

Its bad enough that they talk about food and hot flashes. i regret finishing reading my Maxims.Music and MMA Mags because all they leave around to read is Cat Fancy,Womens world and Cosmo...They hate men.They dont cook nearly as good as my mother..Although this one lady makes Hawaiian Kielbasa which is pretty good but makes for a bad case of heartburn.I feel your pain.
4u2nv
10/8/08 4:18:57PM
im not going to lie... when im bored at my desk all i do it munch on things as well. I mean its healthy stuff but its gotta add up. I haven't been gaining weight but i fear it all fitting me at once so i need to break the habit. Seriously i need too!
dannyfrank
10/8/08 4:26:48PM

Posted by Jackelope

What if I'm a guy and I'm always eating something? Does that mean that deep inside I'm really just a morbidly obese woman?

why yes, yes it does. so i'm probably one too