The UFC's cracking down.

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » The UFC's cracking down.
NatedawgThaM
2/26/10 12:26:12PM
This sucks!!! Everywhere I've been going the last 2 days looking for fights, they've all been taken off. The UFC I guess is getting pretty serious and pissed off. I mean I understand if I was running a business like this I wouldn't want my fight videos online earlier for free but it sucks, now you got to actually watch the events to watch the fights! I mean it's a good habit and a good way to get educated but now what am I gonna do when their's a good boxing fight & a good MMA fight on at the same time

Thoughts?
DCRage
2/26/10 12:28:08PM
Someone somewhere (either a comment on Junkie or Mania) called it, saying MMA-Core was going down. Maybe it wasn't them, but it's a sign.

now what am I gonna do when their's a good boxing fight & a good MMA fight on at the same time

Invest in a DVR if you don't have one.
ncordless
2/26/10 12:34:29PM
They are still out there. You just have to get inventive and check some non-english sites.
postman
2/26/10 12:35:30PM
Boxing is on HBO the next week anyways. You can watch single fights on UFC.com pretty cheap
DCRage
2/26/10 12:52:48PM

Posted by ncordless

They are still out there. You just have to get inventive and check some non-english sites.

That may not work. Videos from a non-english site (Portugal I think) that were on MMA-Core are also gone.
grappler0000
2/26/10 12:59:03PM

Posted by DCRage

Posted by ncordless

That may not work. Videos from a non-english site (Portugal I think) that were on MMA-Core are also gone.

There are certain locations outside of the US where they'll be able to put a stop to it...but there are other locations that will always host whatever they want.
ncordless
2/26/10 1:08:35PM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by DCRage

Posted by ncordless

There are certain locations outside of the US where they'll be able to put a stop to it...but there are other locations that will always host whatever they want.

Exactly. mma-core might have had to take down the vids that were non-english, but they were embedded from somewhere.

The UFC will have to pursue its intellectual property suits all over the globe if it wants to really pursue its goals. Do you think "those crazy russians" really give a crap about Zuffa's intellectual property? How about a country that routinely steals tech. secrets like China?
BeeR
2/26/10 4:02:56PM
Im watching videos right now lol......
telnights
2/26/10 5:09:08PM
There will always be places to find the videos online. They may take down one but there are lots of others out there and as one goes away another will almost always take its place.
BustedKnuckle
2/26/10 5:56:36PM
It ebbs and flows. One or two go down and four try to start. Just look hard and only Pm somone if you find a good link or site!
CwB
2/26/10 7:31:56PM
I always wondered how mma-core managed to stay up for so long... I used to use it all the time but I have already found others to replace it...

RIP
mma-core
prozacnation1978
2/27/10 10:19:31AM
i just like owning the dvd's and having a collection