What's next for Condit????

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » What's next for Condit????
Theoutlaw08
10/31/11 9:44:53AM
Since Condit is stepping aside from the GSP fight so Diaz can step in and the fans can get the match up they want. What/WHO is next for Condit? Lets see everyone's thoughts.
MiniMan
10/31/11 10:26:31AM
Koscheck... 94.7% chance due to my calculations...
Theoutlaw08
10/31/11 10:36:03AM
I could see that as well.
Or maybe even a guy like Rumble.
emfleek
10/31/11 10:57:52AM
Condit vs. Ellenberger rematch

Winner gets the next title shot after GSP/Diaz.
kingsmasher
10/31/11 11:13:11AM

Posted by MiniMan

I agree with this but I doubt UFC does this cause I would bet they think Kos would win and therefore mess up the title contender picture...I would guess they give Condit someone kinda soft...They need titel fights and if he fought Ellenberger well tehy lose one potential matchup in the future...But they might do this cause really both arent very marketable....
cowcatcher
10/31/11 12:21:56PM

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by MiniMan

I agree with this but I doubt UFC does this cause I would bet they think Kos would win and therefore mess up the title contender picture...I would guess they give Condit someone kinda soft...They need titel fights and if he fought Ellenberger well tehy lose one potential matchup in the future...But they might do this cause really both arent very marketable....

I agree that they probably won't give him Kos because they don't want him back in the title picture so soon. What about Shields? I know he's coming off two losses, but he's really the only guy out there that doesn't have a fight yet.
emfleek
10/31/11 12:31:26PM

Posted by cowcatcher

I agree that they probably won't give him Kos because they don't want him back in the title picture so soon. What about Shields? I know he's coming off two losses, but he's really the only guy out there that doesn't have a fight yet.

Ellenberger isn't scheduled.
Theoutlaw08
10/31/11 12:47:36PM
Ellenberger makes the most sense, because either one could win and deserve a shot. I dont think Kos or Shields deserve to be in the picture right now
cowcatcher
10/31/11 1:02:59PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by cowcatcher

Ellenberger isn't scheduled.

Well, I'm an idiot, I thought he had a fight coming up. It's got to be him then. It's the only one that makes sense.
kopower
10/31/11 1:06:01PM
Ellenberger for sure. Makes the most sense and would be a great fight.
FastKnockout
10/31/11 1:14:10PM

Posted by emfleek

Condit vs. Ellenberger rematch

Winner gets the next title shot after GSP/Diaz.

This. Wouldn't surprise to me if they matched him with Johnson or Koscheck, though.
timekeeperboi
10/31/11 1:33:53PM
why isn't anybody mentioning FITCH!!!!!!!!!

umm... IT WAS FITCH VS PENN 2!!!!!.. before..CONDIT stepped in for an injured fitch...
to make it.. CONDIT VS PENN... (and since the whole switcheroo thing happened)..IT BECAME

CONDIT VS PIERRE...

LEAVING PENN WITHOUT A FIGHT... (in which DANA.. Made it DIAZ)..

diaz just kicked.. penn's a$$.. (PENN IS NOW OUT THE PICTURE)..

ELLENBURGER
KOSCHECK
FITCH

diaz's dominate performance.... (BASICALLY) kicked condit out of the picture!!!

KOSCHECK, although he was title contention before.. shields...
he hasn't taken any significant loses... (BUT SHIELDS HAS).. which drops shields below koscheck.

ELLENBURGER SHOULD BE FIGHTING KOSCHECK....!!!

AND FITCH SHOULD BE FIGHTING CONDIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and the winner between those 2 should be fighting each other!!

THE LOSER OF ANY ONE OF THOSE FIGHTS WILL TAKE ON..
EACH OTHER

BY THAT TIME....STORY... SHOULD FIGHT RORY!

AND HONESTLY HENDRIX SHOULD BE FIGHTING RUMBLE!!

AND PIERCE SHOULD TAKE ON EBERSOLE! (thats if he loses to RORY)
emfleek
10/31/11 1:40:01PM

Posted by timekeeperboi

umm... IT WAS FITCH VS PENN 2!!!!!.. before..CONDIT stepped in for an injured fitch...
to make it.. CONDIT VS PENN... (and since the whole switcheroo thing happened)..IT BECAME

CONDIT VS PIERRE...

ELLENBURGER
KOSCHECK
FITCH

he hasn't taken any significant loses... (BUT SHIELDS HAS).. which drops shields below koscheck.

EACH OTHER

Please stop posting in caps. Trying to read that gave me an aneurysm.

And it was never Penn/Fitch 2. Ever. Penn accepted a fight with Condit before anything with Fitch was ever agreed upon.
tn_rebel
10/31/11 1:57:54PM

Posted by timekeeperboi

CONDIT VS PIERRE...

ELLENBURGER
KOSCHECK
FITCH

EACH OTHER

Because Fitch gets absolutely NO love at the playground. It should definately be Fitch. Winner gets the next shot after Diaz.
emfleek
10/31/11 2:02:24PM

Posted by tn_rebel

Because Fitch gets absolutely NO love at the playground. It should definately be Fitch. Winner gets the next shot after Diaz.

Actually, I'm a Fitch apologist and nuthugger (and there are a decent amount of us) but, imo, a draw against a natural lightweight doesn't earn you a #1 contender fight.

It's not that Fitch doesn't get love here...he gets no love anywhere because people don't view him as an exciting fighter or a marketable one. You don't have to be both but you have to be at least one.
tn_rebel
10/31/11 2:08:06PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by tn_rebel

Actually, I'm a Fitch apologist and nuthugger (and there are a decent amount of us) but, imo, a draw against a natural lightweight doesn't earn you a #1 contender fight.

It's not that Fitch doesn't get love here...he gets no love anywhere because people don't view him as an exciting fighter or a marketable one. You don't have to be both but you have to be at least one.

I think Stevie Wonder was one of the judges for Fitch vs. Penn. Fitch won rd 2 10-9 and rd 3 10-8. By my calculations Penn would have needed a 10-7 rd 1 for that fight to be a draw.
tn_rebel
10/31/11 2:14:34PM
Not to mention, he has only lost 1 out of his last 24 fights and it was to GSP. And he has one 5 fights since(even if you don't count BJ). With all the immediate rematches these days? Come on man!
emfleek
10/31/11 2:15:59PM

Posted by tn_rebel

I think Stevie Wonder was one of the judges for Fitch vs. Penn. Fitch won rd 2 10-9 and rd 3 10-8. By my calculations Penn would have needed a 10-7 rd 1 for that fight to be a draw.

Well, considering opinions vary depending on who you talk to, I'd say there was no clear cut winner or everyone would be on the same page.
prophecy033
10/31/11 2:29:59PM
I love Fitch and the way he fights. People just see it as lay-n-pray but I see it as a guy being so good at what he does that the other guy can't do anything. I feel he is the second best WW on the planet and he has my respect. War Fitch
Geoffo
10/31/11 3:23:39PM
Fitch is fighting Hendricks already guys..
Condit vs. Ellenberger RM makes the most sense.
kingsmasher
10/31/11 4:25:51PM

Posted by Geoffo

That doesnt make sense cause you lose a potential title fight...Ellenberg and Condit will be in line for GSP...And Rumble...thats good through next year..Let Condit fight Koscheck...If he loses oh well he wasnt really deserving anyway then...

If I am Condit really I just wait...I see him in trouble against ellengerber...Wrestling wise Condit needs help...
Geoffo
10/31/11 5:13:23PM

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by Geoffo

That doesnt make sense cause you lose a potential title fight...Ellenberg and Condit will be in line for GSP...And Rumble...thats good through next year..Let Condit fight Koscheck...If he loses oh well he wasnt really deserving anyway then...

If I am Condit really I just wait...I see him in trouble against ellengerber...Wrestling wise Condit needs help...

Put Rumble against Jake Shields.

Put winner of Ellenburger and Condit vs. GSP

If GSP wins. Put him against Silva.
It doesn't make much sense, but its the only way we'll ever see GSP fight Silva haha.

But I think Condit has a better chance of winning against Ellenburger than against Koscheck and Rumble Johnson. Against the wrestlers he's just gonna get dried humped by Rumble.
BlueSkiesBurn
11/1/11 3:50:19AM
Honestly, I don't see why everyone is so opposed to Koscheck fighting Condit. I realize it launches Koscheck back into the title discussions, but I'd rather have Koscheck back in the title discussions because he beat Condit than to have Condit get a beatable opponent just to get him up against GSP.

Koscheck, Rumble, GSP, does it really matter? They're all gonna ride Condit like a prized bull.