What's up with Chuck??

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » What's up with Chuck??
POLL: Reason that Chuck sucks.
Overconfidence 9% (3)
Age 6% (2)
Rock Star 44% (15)
Lack of progress 41% (14)
duniek1
9/23/07 2:40:34AM
What's up with Chuck?? Do You think he's going downhill now?
Is it the age , or like J. Rogan says " The rock star life style that brought him down.

Please check the poll associated with this post.
holt8081
9/23/07 2:52:54AM
I think he is done.
colescar
9/23/07 3:45:48AM
Ya know, I've watched Chuck fight for almost ten years now in both Pride and UFC. Man, he used to be so bad ass. To me he used to be the most entertaining fighter there was. Ya know, there is a video clip of Chuck at an interview on a Texas TV station where he is wasted and falling asleep. Totally looked like he was all jacked up on painkillers or something. Every since I watched that video, saw Rampage say "I'm gonna whoop Chucks Ass!" a million times and then he did it, and now the Jardine loss, it seems as though the iceman has begun to melt. Not that Keith Jardine is any slouch, I picked chuck but had $$$ on Jardine. It worked out for me. Chuck just isn't what he used to be. I see guys like Jardine and Forrest Griffin are the future LightHeavies.
The_Grim_Reaper
9/23/07 7:48:51AM
chuck is off, and i hope he turns it on soon, we can not just disreguard chuck cus hes had a couple of losses, i know there tough ones too especially the one to jardine but, you can't deny chuck and brush him off so quickly, look at his record its a who's who of guys who were at the time chuck fought each and every one of them, in the top 10, and he has won mostly all of these fights by way of devastating KO, to say chuck is done after two fights is an understatement he will be back...
mkiv9secsupra
9/23/07 8:23:28AM

Posted by The_Grim_Reaper

we can not just disreguard chuck cus hes had a couple of losses,

exactly....can anyone say Wandy? They will both make a comeback. I just hope they are successful comebacks
Svartorm
9/23/07 3:34:21PM
I don't think Chuck looked that bad. He nearly finished the fight in the first and Jardine looked like a train wreck after their fight, while Chuck had some sore ribs and left leg. Looking at them, you'd assume Chuck took that fight. Jardine used the one thing he has over Chuck, a solid rear leg roundhouse, and managed to tie it into an elusive striking game. Its a dangerous gameplan, as everyone knows the counter to a low kick like that is a straight right, but Jardine managed to pull it off.
Scott_Revels
9/23/07 11:40:10PM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

exactly....can anyone say Wandy? They will both make a comeback. I just hope they are successful comebacks

Of course they'll make a comeback. One of them has to win, I.E. comeback.
kid_gorgeous
9/25/07 7:50:46AM
i do agree with lack of progress. chuck reigned over division in the early stages of its growth and it can be argued that the lhw division is the best in the ufc. the game as evolved, looked at griffin - look at the confidence he brought into against shogun. where griffin lacked he evolved - much like his team mate, randy couture retired after his loss to chuck but was able to come back and reestablish himself now as possibly one of the best in the hw division. it time for chuck to rethink his strategy.
TequilaMan2000
9/25/07 2:19:26PM
Chuck is not done quite yet... did you see Jardine's face after the fight?

Chuck just didn't gameplan well, and he ended up losing 2 rounds because he kept going for the 1 punch KO... it didn't come through for him.

I had a feeling that Chuck, in better shape, would have KOed Jardine.

he didn't look so bad.
Zombie3785
9/25/07 6:33:27PM

Posted by Scott_Revels

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Of course they'll make a comeback. One of them has to win, I.E. comeback.

Unless they don't fight each other which it doesn't look like they are going to.

There needs to be an all of the above option to that poll. He's not done yet though. His presence will still draw attention to the UFC. There is so many good options for him to fight. I think he looked in better shape against Jardine then he did for Rampage. His Power Gut was quite as big. He needs to get some pointers from Couture on how to make a game plan.
duniek1
9/25/07 7:58:03PM
That is what I was thinking too Zombie :))) I think Chuck and Randy should get together and work strategies for future fights. I think Randy could help him a lot , especialy with a ground game.
kid_gorgeous
9/26/07 7:24:56AM
i do concur. randy is a great mentor for anyone, just look how xtreme couture faired at knockout. lol forrest and tyson both had impressive victories that evening.