CAN'T CHOOSE! Florian vs Lauzon!

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » CAN'T CHOOSE! Florian vs Lauzon!
Next Page »
POLL: Who will win?
Joe TKO/KO 16% (11)
Joe Submission 12% (8)
Joe Decision 9% (6)
KenFlo TKO/KO 22% (15)
KenFlo Submission 20% (14)
KenFlo Decision 22% (15)
NatedawgThaM
3/3/08 7:37:31PM
I seriously can't pick this fight. I think there exact clones of each other. Both are good on the ground, both are good on the feet. They have the exact same body type. I mean the only difference between them two is there looks. Both have an equal amount of experience, I guess the only difference I can find is Kenny's been in with the better competition.

Who are you guys picking? I seriously can't choose!!!
Twenty20Dollars
3/3/08 7:39:56PM
Im picking Joe for the upset, no doubt in my mind. I think kenny will get out worked by joe training with Bj, but that's just my view
seanfu
3/3/08 7:43:43PM
Dude, Florian will win this fight by finish. I don't understand the difficulty in picking. Florian fought Sherk for 5 rounds and has been twice the fighter since. Most likely he'll finish Lauzon.

I think it's possible for Lauzon to lay on Florian and use superior wrestling skills to win a close decision. Florian hands down in my book.
SmileR
3/3/08 7:51:23PM
I'm on the bench too man.
I'm sort f leaning more towards Kenny but i'm still not confident enough to put it as a pick.
I'll be keeping a close eye on this thread!
TimW001
3/3/08 8:08:26PM
I'm choosing Lauzon just hoping for the upset. I think KenFlo should be the favorite, in how he went 5 rounds with Sherk and Joe wen three rounds to Manny. But I know Joe has improved alot. He did KO Jens you guys.
mrliquid
3/3/08 8:50:59PM
I picked Joe on this one sounds crazy but I think he has more skill than Florian it just hasnt been shown yet.
THE_DRiZzLE
3/3/08 8:56:06PM
I have Kenny wining.. IMO Florian is a much better fighter & has fought better competition..
NatedawgThaM
3/3/08 9:08:44PM

Posted by seanfu

Dude, Florian will win this fight by finish. I don't understand the difficulty in picking. Florian fought Sherk for 5 rounds and has been twice the fighter since. Most likely he'll finish Lauzon.

I think it's possible for Lauzon to lay on Florian and use superior wrestling skills to win a close decision. Florian hands down in my book.

Yeah but Florian didn't do anything in that fight except cut Sherk. It was the only fight I saw that Sherk didn't lay on the guy. Sherk whooped on him. And it's not like he's been beating quality fighters since besides Din Thomas which is probably his biggest win to date.

I'm just not sure on Lauzon. In his fights he look extremely skilled, I just not sure if he could be that way against kenny.
Pookie
3/3/08 9:10:33PM
Florian.
cmill21
3/3/08 9:13:48PM
J-lo.
gartface
3/3/08 9:16:47PM
Florian by Elbows!
Nacho
3/3/08 10:27:03PM
Same boat. These are two of my absolute favorite fighters. Either can definitely pull of the win. I'm going with Kenny based on his experience edge, and his much improved striking. That said, I think we will see a whole new Lauzon.
JoeySteel
3/3/08 11:50:23PM
I don't see it either. We know JOe has a mean punch, that is a possiblity, but Kenny and his SILLY nickname will DOMINATE HIM. Triangle choke from below. round 2.

BEATIN'.

I am mad this fight is even happening. Why does Joe get this fight? He has proven nothing. Kenny is top 5, in my mind, in 155. Where is Nate Diaz in this fight, F- Joe Lou.

Don't get me wrong I actually liked the guy in the house, and think Kenny is kinda weird as a person. BUT Kenny has earned more, and Joe has not earned shit, and a LOT of others have.

MAD
gartface
3/4/08 12:21:42AM

Posted by JoeySteel

I don't see it either. We know JOe has a mean punch, that is a possiblity, but Kenny and his SILLY nickname will DOMINATE HIM. Triangle choke from below. round 2.

BEATIN'.

I am mad this fight is even happening. Why does Joe get this fight? He has proven nothing. Kenny is top 5, in my mind, in 155. Where is Nate Diaz in this fight, F- Joe Lou.

Don't get me wrong I actually liked the guy in the house, and think Kenny is kinda weird as a person. BUT Kenny has earned more, and Joe has not earned shit, and a LOT of others have.

MAD

Nate Diaz hasn't earned shit either...
Ordep
3/4/08 12:22:37AM
Joe - Submission
Mayhem13
3/4/08 1:17:09AM
I think Kenny will win this.

his overall ground game is good enough to nullify Joe's slightly better groundgame. but Kennys Stand-up and GnP is better then Joes, and I think that will make the biggest difference. I see Kenny getting good position on Joe up agianst the cage and finishing it with some strikes....in the 2nd
pv3Hpv3p
3/4/08 12:17:18PM
Can't recall off the top of my head, but has anyone seen Kenny actually take a good shot?

I'm hoping that he gets his chin tested a little, it seems that Florian works his ass off and is getting much better, but for some reason I still question his intangebiles as a fighter...
bls1919
3/4/08 3:48:22PM
This is going to be a war on the ground. I have Kenny taking it late in the 2nd TKO
D0wnUnd6e6r
3/4/08 5:25:39PM

Posted by Ordep

Joe - Submission

THANK YOU! I was starting to think I was the only crazy person here
whardin19
3/4/08 5:31:53PM
I've never had any doubt in my mind that Kenny Florian will win this fight. I don't think Joe Lauzon is up to par with Kenny at the moment. Yeah, training with BJ Penn has made Joe look way better. But lets not get carried away because Joe beat some chump in his last fight. Now that he's stepping up in competition I'm not sure he's up for it. But we will see soon enough.
Franklinfan47
3/4/08 10:10:14PM
Lauzon is still the future of the division but at this point I think Florian is just a little bit better. I say he catches Lauzon with a sub in the 2nd.
DevonFoxy
3/4/08 10:50:38PM
I really will not comment on any aspect of this fight just for the plain fact i don't feel i can be unbiased and I would not want that clouding peoples minds.

I will however say the last time Joe was an underdog.......... and he wasn't training with one of the best pound for pound fighters in the world.
Just saying.
CornishMMA
3/5/08 6:45:25AM
I cant believe how much people rate Lauzon, the kid has potential but he hasnt been tested, he caught Pulver and that win is legit i dont believe in "lucky" punches but that was just 1 fight, after that he lost on TUF to Manny, then fought 2 cans in Melendez and Reinhardt, Kenny is a MASSIVE step up and imo KenFlo is better on every area, i will give Joe some credit and say he hangs in there but its all Kenny 30-27
Tailgunner
3/5/08 10:52:38AM
I am picking Florian as well, he just gets better and better and has some nasty elbows from his back.
Pyrenus
3/5/08 11:32:07AM
Its my opinion that there are only 2 LW's that can beat Kenny, and neither is Lauzon.

Kenny by stoppage in the 2nd.
MFOTHER
3/5/08 2:43:21PM
this has been my hardest pick for a while.....maybe because i really like both fighters.
this must be for the number one slot .........right?
i def agree ken-flo has proved himself more...but its not like they pick their opponents JL has ran thropugh most of who was put infront of him.......
if i had to pick today...its ken.......but that mught change before the fight!
Pookie
3/5/08 2:48:58PM

Posted by MFOTHER

I sincerely doubt it. Giving Joe a title shot over Manny and Nate is silly. Especially since the last person to beat Nate's next opponent (Pellegrino) got an immediate title shot afterwards.

JWils
3/5/08 5:28:25PM

Posted by MFOTHER

Florian... maybe. No way Lauzon get's a title shot if he wins this. Edgar & Griffin should be ahead of him in line.
MFOTHER
3/5/08 6:57:15PM
its funny how both said it cant be for a title, and then listed four different people in line.
Is it fact that huerta is taking time off.....i would think fighting and winning five times in the ufc in a year would have to put him at the front of the line
jrmmaclassics
3/5/08 8:10:08PM
if this fight goes anywhere on the ground it is Florians IMO.
Pages: [1] 2