Who's next for Cheick Kongo?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Who's next for Cheick Kongo?
« Previous Page
mrkennedy
1/2/09 11:47:06PM
ANTONI HARDONK.period
big_timmy
1/3/09 3:04:19AM
I would like to see him fight Randy, but then the winner would probabaly be next in line for the title, because all his career Randy has never been far away from a shot.

Though i'd rather see Nog vs Randy, as boring as i think that fight would end up being.

Anyone against the idea of giving him Chuck Liddell at HW?
cmill21
1/3/09 3:12:35AM

Posted by big_timmy
Anyone against the idea of giving him Chuck Liddell at HW?

Kongo by brutal KO.
big_timmy
1/3/09 3:14:09AM
Oh for sure, but i'd still love to see it. It would be a big money fight for the UFC, Chuck's first at HW, and it would get the casual fan to see who Kongo is, and then that'd put him in perfect spot for a title shot.

If Brock beats Mir which i think he will, then we'd see the match up i wanted to see in the first place, Brock vs Kongo.

Kongo looked like his take down defence is better, and who better to test it against than Brock, and same way we can test Brocks chin.

AS much as i wanna see Kongo vs Brock, i'd like to see him fight Chuck along the way to get his head out there and seen by those even showing a passing interest.
cmill21
1/3/09 4:14:30AM

Posted by big_timmy

Oh for sure, but i'd still love to see it. It would be a big money fight for the UFC, Chuck's first at HW, and it would get the casual fan to see who Kongo is, and then that'd put him in perfect spot for a title shot.

If Brock beats Mir which i think he will, then we'd see the match up i wanted to see in the first place, Brock vs Kongo.

Kongo looked like his take down defence is better, and who better to test it against than Brock, and same way we can test Brocks chin.

AS much as i wanna see Kongo vs Brock, i'd like to see him fight Chuck along the way to get his head out there and seen by those even showing a passing interest.

I don't know about Kongo, he can do some very good things but I think a top striker handles him easily while and top wrestler or JJ guy also takes him easily. His biggest weapon is the fear he seems to put into his opponents just by looking the way he does.
big_timmy
1/3/09 4:47:22AM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by big_timmy

I don't know about Kongo, he can do some very good things but I think a top striker handles him easily while and top wrestler or JJ guy also takes him easily. His biggest weapon is the fear he seems to put into his opponents just by looking the way he does.

So if a striker can take him easily, as can a wrestler and jj guy, how the **** is he winning fights?
cmill21
1/3/09 3:45:01PM

Posted by big_timmy

So if a striker can take him easily, as can a wrestler and jj guy, how the **** is he winning fights?

He's fighting Dan evansen and al turk lol. He's not a top mma fighter.
the_01
1/3/09 5:08:20PM
Gonzaga
Hendo67
1/3/09 6:18:24PM
give him Patty Barry so Barry can work him.
bls1919
1/4/09 9:17:41AM
you stole my thunder. I actually think this would be an amazing fight. It could happen soon, as Berry took almost no damage in his debut.
MikeyG
1/4/09 9:24:21AM

Posted by EvenFlow

Disqualification

one can only hope so, or knocked out cold will do
Jackelope
1/4/09 11:35:42AM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by big_timmy

He's fighting Dan evansen and al turk lol. He's not a top mma fighter.

LMAO... props if they're available
bobbydoomocculta
1/5/09 8:27:03AM
They should get Joe Son out of retirement... I love seeing that guy get hit in the balls... Kongo's taken Hackney's technique to new levels lately...
BrutalKnockOut
1/5/09 4:29:00PM
Cheick Kongo vs. Antoni Hardonk just needs to happen.
Pages: 1 [2]