When its all said N' done, Who will be the HW champ?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » When its all said N' done, Who will be the HW champ?
Next Page »
POLL: Who will be the Undisputed HW champ?
Randy Couture 16% (12)
Big Nog 59% (44)
Frank Mir 7% (5)
Brock Lesnar 15% (11)
Dong King will fuck shit up somehow. 4% (3)
juanez13
9/2/08 6:55:09PM
When all is said and done, and the winner of Couture/Lesnar fights the winner of Nog/Mir, who do people think will be the undisputed champ?
DiabloFreak56
9/2/08 6:57:34PM
Randy Couture will be champion once again. and for these reasons

1.randy will be able to control every fight and dictate where its going to go IMO
2. Randy is master of gameplans and as seen you can never EVER count him out of a fight.
3.Expereince, i know mir and nog have experience but lesnar has only fought in the ufc 2 times winning once and losing once but i mean randy is older and wiser and will just out smart him and out class him in this fight.
juanez13
9/2/08 7:00:01PM
The way I see it. Brock beats Randy, Nog beats Mir. Nog subs Brock for the HW title.

Bumpy
9/2/08 7:00:10PM
Randy
Pookie
9/2/08 7:01:27PM
Nogueria will beat Mir, and can beat either Couture or Lesnar.

Nog.
jiujitsufreak74
9/2/08 7:02:02PM
i agree with juanez...Brock defeats Randy by sheer force, Nog totally outclasses Mir on the ground and then Nog gets beat up for 3 rounds until he subs Brock in the 4th.
SmileR
9/2/08 7:04:25PM

Posted by juanez13

The way I see it. Brock beats Randy, Nog beats Mir. Nog subs Brock for the HW title.

MALICE
9/2/08 7:05:52PM

Posted by SmileR

Posted by juanez13

Khaos
9/2/08 7:26:48PM
I think Lesnar beats Couture, and Mir UD's NOG, then in a rematch, Mir wins again.
wolfman
9/2/08 7:35:54PM

Posted by Khaos

I think Lesnar beats Couture, and Mir UD's NOG, then in a rematch, Mir wins again.

Wow, you really think that Mir will beat Nog?! Not only once, but twice?!! Damn, if you are that certain, you may as well lay down some serious coin on Mir because I am sure he will be a HUGE dog! I would seriously advise against it though as I see no way in hell he beats Nog tbh.
postman
9/2/08 7:39:31PM
I think he means a rematch with Lesnar.

I Think Randy will have the game plan to beat Brock and Nog will beat Mir. Then I see a great fight between Nog and Randy I'm going to say Nog wins.
wolfman
9/2/08 7:41:47PM

Posted by postman

I think he means a rematch with Lesnar

I think you're right.
mkiv9secsupra
9/2/08 7:45:31PM
How the **** could anyone pick Randy to beat Nog ever?...Nogeira is a better striker with a better chin and has better grappling than Randy.

We'll see this bandwagon dissappear in a few months for Couture
Aaronno9
9/2/08 7:50:10PM
Brock beats Randy
Nog Beats Mir

Nog Beats Brock.
SpiderSilva
9/2/08 8:12:23PM
Damn you Don King don't fu*k this up
IriShame
9/2/08 8:13:11PM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

How the **** could anyone pick Randy to beat Nog ever?...Nogeira is a better striker with a better chin and has better grappling than Randy.

I would hole heartedly disagree with you. I agree Nog has better submissions than Randy but to say he's a better "grappler" is not completely accurate. Couture's greco-roman is second to none and I really don't see Nog taking him down. I see it being similar to the Gonzaga fight with Couture pressing Nog against the cage and peppering him with punches and elbows. The difference here being that he can't put Nog away. If he can avoid a submission, which I admit is a big IF, he wins a UD. I guess I jumped ahead here, Nog beats Mir, handily, and Randy beats Brock. Not that Brock won't be a juggernaut in the future I just think that at this point in his career he doesn't have the experience to beat a master strategist like Couture. So in the end Couture is champ. Although I would not be surprised at all if Nog pulls a triangle out of his ass somewhere along the way and finally earns some legit gold.
mkiv9secsupra
9/2/08 8:22:37PM

Posted by IriShame

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

I would hole heartedly disagree with you. I agree Nog has better submissions than Randy but to say he's a better "grappler" is not completely accurate.

Randys Greco Roman is BS. He isnt anywhere near the best at it and his wrestling is just on par and not much more and there are tons of guys who could out wreslte him anyday of the week in MMA. I seriously doubt that there are guys that Randy could dominate in the new MMA generation. Randy couldnt compete in ADCC he wouls be a first round elimination in any grappling tourny/

i guess im just really tired of hearing how great RAndy is because he beat Sylivia and GG
Pookie
9/2/08 8:22:54PM

Posted by IriShame

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

I would hole heartedly disagree with you. I agree Nog has better submissions than Randy but to say he's a better "grappler" is not completely accurate. Couture's greco-roman is second to none and I really don't see Nog taking him down. I see it being similar to the Gonzaga fight with Couture pressing Nog against the cage and peppering him with punches and elbows.

2 things,
His greco-roman is actually THIRD behind Both Lindland and Hendo
&
Nog doesnt fight like gonzaga, Nog will happily fall into guard if couture tries to lock up with him.
Fox
9/2/08 8:51:35PM
When I read the topic I instantly went with Nog. He can beat any of these guys Lesnar will beat Couture and obviously i believe Nog will run the table after that beating Mir and then Brock

BUT ask me again in bout a Year or 2 when Nog is older and brock can stay out of Subs. ill Take Brock
Bowen50
9/2/08 9:00:37PM
Randy will be the champ when it's all over. i cannot pick against him. he will SMASH Lesnar. and then he will probably beat Nog with a UD. his stand up is better than Nog's and he definitly has the submission defense to go to the ground and pound Nog out. he went to a draw with Jacare in a BJJ match. Randy WILL beat Lesnar then Nog, mark my words.
breakdown5
9/2/08 9:30:52PM
I think Lesnar will ride on Randy for the whole fight, pummeling him with rights from the top.
Nog will school Mir on the ground and on the feet.

Nog subs Lesnar after Lesnar pounds the crap out of him, with Nog pulling the sub out of the middle of nowhere late in the fight.
jocka
9/2/08 9:31:34PM
I think Randy will find a way to beat Lesnar just because of experience and master game planning, he will use the clinch to get some uppercuts and elbows in, Lesnar will definitly be able to take him to the ground but not before getting hit while doing it and i don't believe he will be able to keep him down for too long. In my opinion we will see what Lesnar is made off and if he can be broken.

I don't see any problems for Nog to get through Mir anything he does Nog does it better so i would say 2rd tko for nog.

As for Nog that a harder one to call cause man he can take a beating and still sub you and his boxing is awsome. I think Randy should train a lot of Muay thai forthis one, he might be able to kick the shit out of Nog lead leg and make it hard for him to move and shoot for take down. He should also train the clinch to give knees to Nog's mid section because i don't think Nos is a better grappler than Randy. Yes is BJJ is one of the best out there but i think that if Randy inflict enough damage to Nog while standing and can keep out of Subs of he gets on the ground Randy can control it from the top position. Randy by UD but we all know this is mma so anything can happend right
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
9/2/08 9:34:20PM

Posted by xxMALICExx

Posted by SmileR

Posted by juanez13

then hopefully fedor vs nog 4 happens in the cage.
prozacnation1978
9/2/08 9:52:20PM
i am going with big nog he has the better match up of the 4
if he fights lesnar i think big nog will win but if he fights randy i think randy will win
but at his age fighting lesnar and big nog will be too much for the old timer
CantAndleDaRiddum
9/2/08 11:59:17PM

Posted by juanez13

ditto

all these people saying they cant pick against randy, are not seeing clearly & dont want to see clearly.....but when they see those 2 stare each other down, they will know they made the wrong pick
Ordep
9/3/08 12:25:30AM
sparky
9/3/08 10:22:27AM
BIG NOG GUARNTEED
nickcuc547
9/3/08 11:05:55AM
Nog out jiu jitsu's mir, brock out wrestles randy.

nog takes a monumental pounding for three rounds and slaps on a toe lock to win the hw title, and everybody can stop complaining that nog got the screw job.
Wolfenstein
9/3/08 1:30:22PM
Noguiera matches up well with all three. He has the best submission game of the four and all four are primarily ground fighters. Nog is also proficient enough in his standup to keep the other three from making it a standup game and avoiding takedowns.
nickcuc547
9/3/08 1:49:03PM

Posted by Wolfenstein

Moguiera matches up well with all three. He has the best submission game of the four and all four are primarily ground fighters. Nog is also proficient enough in his standup to keep the other three from making it a standup game and avoiding takedowns.

true, i just don't see any of the three guys to be able to stay out of a submission before they finish the fight. nog is going to outlast both opponents.
Pages: [1] 2