UFC's Brian Foster gets tuneup at Cage Warriors 44, meets vet Jack Mason

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC's Brian Foster gets tuneup at Cage Warriors 44, meets vet Jack Mason
emfleek
9/14/11 1:13:58PM
Sidelined for a year due to injuries, UFC welterweight Brian Foster has received permission to fight outside the organization and now meets Jack Mason in a 181-pound catchweight bout at Cage Warriors 44.

Cage Warriors executive Graham Boylan today confirmed the plans with MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com).

The event takes place Oct. 1 at HMV Forum in London and streams online in North America.

Foster (15-5) vs. Mason (17-8) takes the co-headlining slot.

LINK
cowcatcher
9/14/11 1:22:55PM

Earlier this year, Foster was pulled from UFC 129 after doctors discovered a brain hemorrhage, which followed another devastating injury for the fighter: a hard kick to the groin in early March that caused one of his testicles to burst. Doctors were forced to remove it.

emfleek
9/14/11 1:25:00PM
Poor_Franklin
9/14/11 1:47:57PM
grooooooosssssssssssssssss
FastKnockout
9/14/11 2:13:11PM
I'm going to wipe that image from my mind.

I like that they gave him permission to fight outside the UFC to tune up. I'd hate to see his career in the UFC in danger due to returning from injuries.
Chael_Sonnen
9/14/11 3:06:58PM
Love Foster.....can't even imagine the pain he went through....I hope he smashes Mason and gets back to fighting on a UFC card ASAP
Twenty20Dollars
9/14/11 3:35:47PM
This guy has been chomping at the bit to get back. Kid always brings it, just can't wait to see him back and healthy.
gartface
9/14/11 4:49:55PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Love Foster.....can't even imagine the pain he went through....I hope he smashes Mason and gets back to fighting on a UFC card ASAP

Exactly. I feel terrible for the guy. Here's to a great comeback victory!
Bubbles
9/15/11 2:17:35PM

Posted by emfleek

i share this feeling