X-box 360 Media Sharing to Pc help

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » X-box 360 Media Sharing to Pc help
The_Metal_Maniac
7/1/08 11:13:24PM
Any help what-so-ever would be greatly appreciated. This is the situation. I have a small network in my home. I have my computer and my X-box 360 wired through a Linksys Befsr41 Version 4.2 router. I am attempting to share my pc's media to my X-box. I followed Microsoft's step by step instructions for the process. I have XP SP2, Windows Media player 11, and all other settings adjusted properly ie. Firewall. Whenever I go to the library section on WMP11 my X-box isn't listed and I can not get my pc to recognize it. I have tried every possible solution, and have searched the internet for two days looking for solutions, all of which I have tried and did not work. My lasting impression that it is my router or my X -box and PC have devised a plan to make me go crazy, and it's working very well.

Thanks for any help I receive
holt8081
7/1/08 11:36:21PM
sorry man I followed the step by step on my pc and it worked fine, but then I did it on my laptop and it dident work so I dont know
Lord_Lenny
7/4/08 11:10:15PM
sent you a PM that will hopefully work for you. I had the same problem
Aaronno9
7/5/08 7:28:22AM
I tried to do it aswell, but you need to have widows vista, or the full media home entertainment package for it to work, neither of which i have. It still picks up my lap top though and all my music so thats cool.
The_Metal_Maniac
7/5/08 12:50:58PM
I think I am leaning towards either throwing my x-box and PC through a window, or updating to Vista. My friend has a bachelor in computer science and I as well attended college for computer science. I think we fell into the category of thinking we were smarter than the simplest solution. Which is updating to Vista, or the media addition. I swallowed my pride after today I attempted to hook up an external hard drive with all my Divx and Avi files converted to WMV and still no recognition. So Vista here I come lol.
Lord_Lenny
7/6/08 7:40:45PM

Posted by roncomanjason

I think I am leaning towards either throwing my x-box and PC through a window, or updating to Vista. My friend has a bachelor in computer science and I as well attended college for computer science. I think we fell into the category of thinking we were smarter than the simplest solution. Which is updating to Vista, or the media addition. I swallowed my pride after today I attempted to hook up an external hard drive with all my Divx and Avi files converted to WMV and still no recognition. So Vista here I come lol.

did you try the method i sent to you in the PM, im almost positive it will work for you
The_Metal_Maniac
7/7/08 2:45:56AM

Posted by Lord_Lenny

Posted by roncomanjason

did you try the method i sent to you in the PM, im almost positive it will work for you

I actually haven't gotten around to it. Only because I am so frustrated with both that I am just taking a few days off before I have a stroke.