We're about to see the most boring matches the UFC has ever offered

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » We're about to see the most boring matches the UFC has ever offered
Ayuka
9/2/08 1:08:16PM
I have a feeling that after Lesnar will ground a pound a couple of strikers the match makers are going to decide to pit Lesnar against BJJ fighters again to exploit Lesnar's hypothetical weaknesses, which will be the worst thing the Heavyweight devision holds. I don't think he'll be caught to any of them(except Nog who's not going to face Lesnar any time soon) and it'll be 2~5 painful rounds every fight on the ground with Lesnar wrestling down and ground and pounding a couple of times.
CantAndleDaRiddum
9/2/08 1:21:15PM

Posted by Ayuka

I have a feeling that after Lesnar will ground a pound a couple of strikers the match makers are going to decide to pit Lesnar against BJJ fighters again to exploit Lesnar's hypothetical weaknesses, which will be the worst thing the Heavyweight devision holds. I don't think he'll be caught to any of them(except Nog who's not going to face Lesnar any time soon) and it'll be 2~5 painful rounds every fight on the ground with Lesnar wrestling down and ground and pounding a couple of times.

i wanna see lesnar vs a conditioned gonzaga, couture, velasquez, mir rematch, & get ready to flame.......THE CroCop
Ayuka
9/2/08 1:23:42PM

Posted by CantAndleDaRiddum

Posted by Ayuka

i wanna see lesnar vs a conditioned gonzaga, couture, velasquez, mir rematch, & get ready to flame.......THE CroCop

They'll all be boring with the exception of Cro Cop.
CantAndleDaRiddum
9/2/08 1:27:31PM

Posted by Ayuka

Posted by Ayuka

so u just think lesnar is too big & too strong for anyone to stay standing w/ him or get top position?

im not arguing.....just wanna make sure i know where u comin from

edit: i truly think lesnar has major title shot potential...i just want to see more from him 1st

he looked awful good against herring
but i dont think he'll be content w/ winning decisions...i think were gonna see him TKO some folks along the way.....im more curious to see if anyone can knock his big ass out
aaa9erh8er
9/2/08 2:04:13PM
lol cro-cop of old would desimate lesner.today idk i think a second round tko not that it matters cuse it will never happen but imo he can beat anyone in the ufc HW div except nog.
CantAndleDaRiddum
9/2/08 2:06:00PM

Posted by aaa9erh8er

lol cro-cop of old would desimate lesner.today idk i think a second round tko not that it matters cuse it will never happen but imo he can beat anyone in the ufc HW div except nog.

never say never....supposedly crocop is still wanting back in ufc, maybe even after the overeem fight
i've always wanted to see CC vs randy but not so sure now...wouldnt be the same as it wouldve been 2 years ago
ncordless
9/2/08 4:41:27PM

Posted by Ayuka

Keep your dayjob
Ayuka
9/2/08 6:01:14PM

Posted by Ayuka

Posted by Ayuka

No, I'm saying all the matches will be boring. I understanding perfectly well he'll have trouble against a lot of the fighters mentioned.

I'm mentioning fighters that will be interesting against Lesnar. You all misunderstood me.
telnights
9/2/08 6:28:31PM
To TS
So what your saying is you hate Lesnar? Why not just say you don't like Lesnar or his style of fighting. Its much easier than saying all his matches will be boring. You can only say something is boring to you that doesn't make it boring for everyone else. So its not the most boring matches in the UFC ever it would be the most boring matches in the UFC to you. I find it funny how some people assume everyone has the same views as them.
Ayuka
9/2/08 8:45:56PM
I love Lesnar, his intense training and dedication and the results it produces him. His background is interesting too.

But his matches are boring.
telnights
9/2/08 8:48:56PM

Posted by Ayuka

I love Lesnar, his intense training and dedication and the results it produces him. His background is interesting too.

Again boring is relative to you!!!!
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
9/2/08 10:18:21PM

Posted by telnights

Posted by Ayuka

when he pounded out that gold medalist in less the 2 minutes .......

when he was beating mir into oblivion, before getting caught in a knee bar, less then 3 minutes.........

when he hit heath so hard, he did a back flip, you found that boring???
VictimSix
9/3/08 12:08:44PM
Boring!!! Didn't you see that shooting star press on kurt angle...wait...sorry

Seriously though watching a 265 pound boulder smash people is exciting enough.
MFOTHER
9/3/08 12:32:28PM
TS, you ARE being very subjective. I found the mir and herring fight very exciting, and i was routing for them.
i dont get what you are saying? ground and pound is boring. I would describe brocks style as more GnP than LnP.....

and to whoever said cro cop could beat anyone in the ufc......i hope you mean in pride, with pride rules, years ago. Because he had a shot in the ufc, and didnt do too well.
Wolfenstein
9/3/08 5:20:09PM
He was kneebarred by Mir just over 6 months ago. I don't think he's going to have made tremendous leaps and bounds in his sub defense to avoid top level BJJ practitioners for some time to come.
jocka
9/3/08 8:02:57PM
I don't see how you can find his style boring, his wrestling is off the hook plus he an athletic beast and gifted physically, he also looks like he wants to get better. Is first 3 fights were awsome and they only can get better from now.

Am not a big lesnar fan but i give respect where its due.
Rush
9/3/08 8:59:53PM
Determining what will be a boring vs. an exciting match in MMA is about as predictable as a coin toss.
Kastro
9/4/08 4:14:47PM

Posted by Ayuka

Pffft... come on bro, dont be so negative..

Does the whole UFC revolved around Brock Lesnar? No! There will be plenty of exciting fights to come, if anything the UFC is getting better and better with the acquisition of all these new fighters that are now beginning to find their rhythm within the octagon (Wanderlei Silva for example).

Im not a big fan of Brock and his unsportsmanlike conduct (laughing at Herring after he lost the match - come on man, this is MMA not WWE!).. and if he puts on boring shows he is only going to lose his fanbase and make the MMA world not want to see anymore wrestlers from a place like the WWE come to the UFC...

Im also sure that Brock wants to keep his fans, in doing so he has to be aware that he will need to start knocking people out or finishing his opponents with some serious GNP.. he has the power to do it lets see what happens.

copcopps
9/4/08 4:36:01PM
OK if Lesnar's gonna have the most boring matches in UFC history go watch Sylvia-Monson, Sylvia-Vera, Vera-Andy, Werdum-Arlobski I can name numerous other fights that were far more boring than Lesnar-Herring
JimiMak
9/4/08 7:30:43PM
It takes two guys to make a boring match. I think Brock actually has several exciting matches coming up, I just don't think he should be fighting for a title right now.
Stills79
9/4/08 11:22:06PM

Posted by Ayuka

Obviously someone who doesn't understand mma. I love the strategy involved in the ground game. There is a difference between ground fighting and the old "lay and pray" method. Nobody likes the latter of the two, but sounds like you need to become a boxing fan. They never go to the ground. To say Brock's fights are boring is baffling. I enjoyed both his PPV fights immensely.
ufcFANatic1
9/5/08 5:49:05PM

Posted by AnDeRsonDaSiLvA

Posted by telnights

Posted by Ayuka

when he pounded out that gold medalist in less the 2 minutes .......

when he was beating mir into oblivion, before getting caught in a knee bar, less then 3 minutes.........

when he hit heath so hard, he did a back flip, you found that boring???

I agree, I haven't found any of his fights boring. I had NO doubts in my mind Mir would sub him. But when Lesnar started pounding the hell out of Mir I was FREAKING out...screaming at the TV and swearing uncontrollable (luckily no kids were around)! To be honest, I don't like the guy, his attitude sucks. But he is pretty smart to take the Tito route by hyping up his fights, trash talking, etc. And just like Tito, I'd always pay to hopefully see him lose!