Who's the better kickboxer??

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Who's the better kickboxer??
StriderXero
10/8/07 12:11:02AM
You guys think Mirko Cro Cop's better or Cung Le?

I think Cung Le's better.
Don't get me wrong, Mirko's kicks are probably the most devesting kicks in MMA, but Cungs attacks are strong, fast, precise, and almost unpredictable.
StriderXero
10/8/07 12:12:09AM
oops i meant
who do you think's better Cro Cop or Cung Le?*
cmill21
10/8/07 4:17:44AM
Well your talking about a guy with 3 fights in K-1, as opposed to a guy with 16 wins and who fought the best of the best. I think Cung Le is an incredible kickboxer and is an amature bronze meadalist but Cro Cop's proven. I think if Cung stuck with kickboxing he would be a better kickboxer, but K-1 is the kickboxing measuring stick and Cro Cop's got alot more experience and success there. He's doing very well in strike force and he's going to be in the UFC at some point, imaging Cung Le and Anderson Silva. I'd like to see a "best of all time" poll with Bonjasky, JLB, Hug, Aerts and those sorts.
Mastodon2
10/8/07 11:02:00AM

Posted by cmill21

Well your talking about a guy with 3 fights in K-1, as opposed to a guy with 16 wins and who fought the best of the best. I think Cung Le is an incredible kickboxer and is an amature bronze meadalist but Cro Cop's proven. I think if Cung stuck with kickboxing he would be a better kickboxer, but K-1 is the kickboxing measuring stick and Cro Cop's got alot more experience and success there. He's doing very well in strike force and he's going to be in the UFC at some point, imaging Cung Le and Anderson Silva. I'd like to see a "best of all time" poll with Bonjasky, JLB, Hug, Aerts and those sorts.

Unfortunately I think that asking an MMA forum about who the best Kickboxer in the world is largely useless, since I think there are only very few members on this site who actually know anything about K-1, let alone follow it. That is why a site of hardcore baseball fanatics discussing football could not have the same quality of discussion or validity of comment that a community of hard core football fanatics would have.

Cung Le is aesthetically good, but he is not a top K-1 competitor. The K-1 HW division has always had really tough competition, and at 185lbs, Cung Le is too small to have half a chance in the HW division, but probably too big to get into K-1 MAX. He may have some K-1 wins under his belt, but he will never be able to compete with the K-1 elite. Cro Cop is better imo, as not only is Cro Cop much bigger and stronger than Cung Le, I think p4p Cro Cop is stronger too. If someone with Cung Le's skills fought at K-1 HW I don't think they'd be as good Cro Cop was.

mrsumo
10/8/07 11:06:27AM
I have always loved watching Cung Le fight. But for the most part, he only plays by his rules. With a few exceptions, he only fights San Shou. If you watch some of the old K1 events he was in, his would be the only fight of the night under those rules. All of his opponents were ranked kick boxers that trained kickboxing and then accepted a Cung Le fight under his rules. They would take this fight because it was usually a title fight, and that was the carrot many would chase. Don't get me wrong, San Shou is a wicked sport and I enjoy it very much, and Cung Le is a deserved champion of the sport.
Cro Cop vs. Cung Le would be a cool fight to watch. Kind of like that show where they put two animals together and talk about who would win. Like a shark and a hippo, or lion vs tiger. I bet under the San Shou rules Cung Le would rip Cro Cop apart. Straight K1 it would be a little more in Cro Cops favor. He is bigger and has more power, and better reach.
BigEvil
10/9/07 10:55:52AM

Posted by Mastodon2

Posted by cmill21

Unfortunately I think that asking an MMA forum about who the best Kickboxer in the world is largely useless, since I think there are only very few members on this site who actually know anything about K-1, let alone follow it. That is why a site of hardcore baseball fanatics discussing football could not have the same quality of discussion or validity of comment that a community of hard core football fanatics would have.

Cung Le is aesthetically good, but he is not a top K-1 competitor. The K-1 HW division has always had really tough competition, and at 185lbs, Cung Le is too small to have half a chance in the HW division, but probably too big to get into K-1 MAX. He may have some K-1 wins under his belt, but he will never be able to compete with the K-1 elite. Cro Cop is better imo, as not only is Cro Cop much bigger and stronger than Cung Le, I think p4p Cro Cop is stronger too. If someone with Cung Le's skills fought at K-1 HW I don't think they'd be as good Cro Cop was.

So true, but on that note Cro Cop, he's a way better fighter!
loonytnt
10/9/07 12:17:00PM
CC all the way!! le imo is good but no CC, if CC fought le what do you think would happen in a kickboxing match