Who's the best commentator in MMA?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Who's the best commentator in MMA?
POLL: Who's the best commentator?
Joe Rogan 39% (15)
Pat Miletich 0% (0)
Bas Rutten 24% (9)
Jimmy Smith 24% (9)
Michael Schiavello 3% (1)
Other 11% (4)
Budgellism
10/27/12 3:14:26PM
There have been threads made for this before but I'd like to open the topic up again.

So who is the best commentator in MMA right now?
kopower
10/27/12 3:27:56PM
I say Jimmy Smith, hands down. He's a former fighter that has a ton of mma knowledge,and doesn't show bias when calling a fight. He has great post fight interviews as well.
Chael_Sonnen
10/27/12 3:34:54PM
Jimmy Smith is the Chael Sonnen of the MMA Commentating world....which translates to (P)erfection

Hey Joseph Rogan, did you take notes last night from Mr. Jimmy Smith on how to call a "fight?"
Biggavelli
10/27/12 3:42:34PM
Jimmy Smith is probably the best, but if we were talking favorite it would be Bas!
Budgellism
10/27/12 3:42:54PM
I went with Jimmy Smth as well. He mixes the interviews and commentating very well and he has a better version of Mike Goldberg to work with. Pat Miletich is right up there though. Just as good as Jimmy Smith usually. Rogan would be next for me. I'm a fan of his but speaking truthfully he sits 3rd on my list. Bas is fun as well when he's matched with someone good.
ghandikush
10/27/12 3:43:04PM
Like bas hate schiavalo
tcunningham
10/27/12 3:58:58PM
i chose joe rogan just because i dont think any of the other commentators are much good.
Poor_Franklin
10/27/12 3:59:26PM
i have no bad things to say about jimmy smith, but Bas wins it for me!
DancingDoll
10/27/12 4:07:45PM
Rogan!
jjeans
10/27/12 4:13:45PM
Bas or Rogan. Tied for me
Biggavelli
10/27/12 4:24:49PM
I know who ISN'T the best commentator.....Tito Ortiz
grappler0000
10/27/12 4:50:03PM

Posted by Biggavelli

I know who ISN'T the best commentator.....Tito Ortiz

infestructure
10/27/12 6:05:19PM
For me..

Bas

The Voice

Rogan

JoeWarren33
10/27/12 6:53:00PM
Schivallo no love I see, no shocker, wonder how many people actually know who he is lol

I went with Bas. I enjoyed watching Pride with Bas. Him and Quatross were the best bar none.
Rogan is to biased, and just needs to be more human and less high.
I do like how Rogan does describe technique and what fighters should be doing.
Jimmy is good also, not the best though. Getting better though.
kingsmasher
10/27/12 6:57:02PM
Hands down IMO Frank Mir....He breaks the fight down real technically if the guys are actually doing something technical...

Also Bas..

As for Jimmy Smith I think last week on Bellator he said someone won the first round in his opinion and I was thinking I dont know what fight he was watching...
ghandikush
10/27/12 8:04:02PM

Posted by JoeWarren33

Schivallo no love I see, no shocker, wonder how many people actually know who he is lol

I went with Bas. I enjoyed watching Pride with Bas. Him and Quatross were the best bar none.
Rogan is to biased, and just needs to be more human and less high.
I do like how Rogan does describe technique and what fighters should be doing.
Jimmy is good also, not the best though. Getting better though.

No love for Schiavallo because he doesnt know what he's talking about half the time, might as well pay Lennox Lewis to commentate MMA.
JoeWarren33
10/27/12 8:11:00PM

No love for Schiavallo because he doesnt know what he's talking about half the time, might as well pay Lennox Lewis to commentate MMA.

Yeah, quite the comparison there!
One guy who is boring as hell to listen to and a guy who is the most entertaining!
Good one!
postman
10/27/12 9:16:43PM

Posted by JoeWarren33

Yeah, quite the comparison there!
One guy who is boring as hell to listen to and a guy who is the most entertaining!
Good one!

Schiavallo is funny but his style shouldn't be used at the highest level. What I mean by that is jokes about guys taking shots to the face like Jenna Haze is just something you can't say on FOX. Funny as it may be.
thevoodooninja
10/27/12 9:25:25PM
i dig jimmy smith

JLS1980
10/28/12 10:53:34AM
I voted for Rogan.

Some people don't care for him but I get pissed when I'm at a bar watching UFC PPV's and can't hear the commentator's.
When I order from home Rogan always seems to be 10 seconds ahead of the fight and has a lot of knowledge when it comes to the fighters and their styles.
jae_1833
10/28/12 11:54:03AM
I picked Rogan and I know a lot of other hard cores are freaking out but let me explain:
I watch most of my MMA alone, so I judge them on if they were in my living room with me would their talking bug me. Smith's voice irritates a bit, but the dude is good....a lack of emotion? The Voice, hillarious but as with Bas bro; I am trying to watch a fight! Don't get me all cracked up with your wierd accent and ridiculous punch lines! Militich is just as biased as Rogan but dude seems to be less knowledgeable? Dont know how but he hust doesnt seem as smart.
sbulldavid
10/28/12 12:30:45PM
Frank Mir, a great BJJ practitioner, also a fighter and a former champion at that, he breaks a fight down from a professional perspective and helps you get inside the minds of the competitors. You may not like him but he's a great commentator and will probably be a great coach when he's done fighting.
SpiderSilva
10/30/12 9:11:20PM
Remember when they used to ask Eddie Bravo how he was scoring the fight? Or his thoughts
jakewalters
11/1/12 12:47:16AM
I love me some Rogan, but no one is more exciting to listen to than Michael Schiavello. Also, we just had him on the podcast today

He chatted with Chris and I for 45 minutes, so why don't you listen in and hear what he had to say!!!

LINK- iTunes
hymiekooken
11/2/12 7:09:49PM
I kinda enjoy when Kenny Florian calls fights. But as far as regular commentators, gotta go with Rogan. His voce doesn't irritate me