'DB' Admits To Stab-Gate, Says Poirier Got Lucky

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » 'DB' Admits To Stab-Gate, Says Poirier Got Lucky
FastKnockout
1/6/14 3:44:42PM
UFC featherweight Diego Brandao explains why he threatened to stab Dustin Poirier at the UFC 168 weigh ins and claims "The Diamond" was scared and got lucky with his win at the "Weidman vs. Silva 2" pay-per-view (PPV) last month in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Link
Kpro
1/6/14 4:12:29PM
Ohhhhhhhhh, so he IS crazy!
prophecy033
1/6/14 4:33:29PM
What a wannabe thug. Chump
Svartorm
1/6/14 4:35:08PM
Poirier is a big time mean mugger, but guess what? YOU'RE A PROFESSIONAL FIGHTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Chieftan1997
1/6/14 4:40:12PM
Got lucky, LOL!!! From what I saw Poirier would beat his ass 10 times out of 10!!!Brandao is a joke and will get his walking papers soon.
prozacnation1978
1/6/14 5:02:43PM
At least he admitted to it
jjeans
1/6/14 5:12:40PM

Posted by Chieftan1997

Got lucky, LOL!!! From what I saw Poirier would beat his ass 10 times out of 10!!!Brandao is a joke and will get his walking papers soon.

Hmmm a TUF winner, 4-2 in the UFC, a FOTN bonus and a SOTN bonus, I don't think he's high on the list of "to cut" fighters
Kpro
1/6/14 5:28:45PM

Posted by jjeans

Posted by Chieftan1997

Hmmm a TUF winner, 4-2 in the UFC, a FOTN bonus and a SOTN bonus, I don't think he's high on the list of "to cut" fighters

With a roster of 400 fighters, threatening to stab your opponent transcends record unless you're a headliner, which he isn't. I think he'd better walk a straight line showing this was just an anomaly and come out on top in his next bout, or he just may end up on the "to cut" list if he has another moment of un-zen..
Bythar
1/6/14 5:33:36PM

Posted by jjeans

Posted by Chieftan1997

Completely agree that with his style and skill that Diego wouldn't be cut on that basis.

But I do believe that threatening to stab an opponent backstage is cuttable behaviour and should be enforced as such. If this is unpunished it will look even more unprofessional.
Bythar
1/6/14 5:34:57PM

With a roster of 400 fighters, threatening to stab your opponent transcends record unless you're a headliner, which he isn't. I think he'd better walk a straight line showing this was just an anomaly and come out on top in his next bout, or he just may end up on the "to cut" list if he has another moment of un-zen..

I'd think threatening to stab an opponent transcends record if you're a top star as well.
Shawn91111
1/6/14 5:37:50PM
Dustin did look scared when he knocked him out
Kpro
1/6/14 5:39:13PM

Posted by Bythar

I'd think threatening to stab an opponent transcends record if you're a top star as well.

I just imagined it being laughed off if a GSP or Anderson said it
roofer1967
1/6/14 5:49:56PM
Maybe Poirier should have a talk with Nick (don't be scared homie)
jae_1833
1/6/14 5:56:57PM
And Matt Hughes just got himself some job security!
GDPofMPG
1/6/14 6:02:48PM
Wouldn't want to be signing my name on any paychecks for a guy like that. Got his ass beat up, says the opponent was lucky. Too unprofessional to cut weigh for fight, says he knew 14 days ago he didn't intend to make weight. Says his opponent, who later obliterated him, is scared of him, so he threatens to prison shank him with a pen. Sorry, you can represent another promotion until you demonstrate maturity.
Copenhagen
1/6/14 6:18:32PM
As GDP mentioned: throw in the fact that he terribly missed weight as well and it may be a justifiable cut.
Kpro
1/6/14 6:19:43PM
Maybe he meant Poirier got lucky to make weight?
Webbie
1/6/14 6:37:19PM
The UFC needs to keep this bum out of the octagon.
JoeWarren33
1/6/14 8:56:43PM
He would rather use a pen then a blade?
He is crazy!!!
infestructure
1/6/14 10:30:11PM
Stabdao
airkerma
1/7/14 9:25:14AM
This is actually being called "stab-gate" by people? Richard Nixon did more damage to journalism than his own career with Watergate...
Or maybe we should call this "the stabbing threat heard 'round the world"
tmas
1/7/14 9:41:52PM
i like it lets call it "the stabbing threat heard round the worldz"
telnights
1/8/14 2:35:45PM

Posted by airkerma

This is actually being called "stab-gate" by people? Richard Nixon did more damage to journalism than his own career with Watergate...
Or maybe we should call this "the stabbing threat heard 'round the world"

I so agree! I'm sick of everything being -gate.