What to do with $90?

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » What to do with $90?
ncordless
9/20/07 3:44:26PM
Well, I'm down to my last $90. I am thinking about letting it ride on Jardine and hoping for a big comeback.

Anybody else in a similar situation have a different strategy?
wolfman
9/20/07 4:12:43PM
I hear ya buddy. I need to get some some money back as well. I was thinking about putting some money down for Nak. I think Machida will win, but you never know. Same goes with the Jardine/Liddell fight you mentioned. Of course we expect Chuck to win, but he could lose and you could get a pretty big pay out. Overall, it's not a bad idea since you can earn back money from the pick 'em game. Hell, look at the Crocop/Kongo fight. People banked off that fight, virtually no one on here expected Kongo to really win but he did. Anyways, if I were you I would do it.
uGotKTFO
9/20/07 4:16:00PM
Bet it all on Forrest Griffin.
loonytnt
9/20/07 4:19:05PM
or you can save it and let some good picks get you a lil more money, then on the next card try and bet a lil if your not sure about the outcome of some fights
JeremiahD84
9/20/07 4:59:12PM
It's funny because i'm down to my last $115 and I did the same thing. Bet it all on Jardine, and i'm praying he gets a lucky punch!
postman
9/20/07 5:26:05PM
It can't hurt but the top guys are so far out of reach i quit betting and am trying to focus on the picks
jrbinoki
9/20/07 5:59:26PM
HAHA thats what i did so like if i win i get about 6 or 7 thousand dollars back
tepid55
9/20/07 7:09:32PM
Put it on Forrest Griffin.
JeremiahD84
9/21/07 1:58:35AM
You really think Forrest can beat Shogun?
I was reading about Shogun and he's done some awesome things... such as beat Rampage....
Stickan
9/21/07 6:14:32AM
I put a little on Forrest and most on Jardine... I hate being poor.

I should be above 20.000$ in the secondary league by now though
scoozna
9/21/07 1:04:24PM

Posted by ncordless

Well, I'm down to my last $90. I am thinking about letting it ride on Jardine and hoping for a big comeback.

I hate to say it, but that sounds like the same logic that got you into that situation.

jgtribbett
9/21/07 3:51:33PM
yeah... i feel ya too.. wow.. maximus vs guida killed me haha
ncordless
9/22/07 9:32:13AM

Posted by scoozna

Posted by ncordless

I hate to say it, but that sounds like the same logic that got you into that situation.

... kind of, but it was more the combination of Gonzaga, Martin, Cro Cop, and Thomas that got me here. I put a little money on a fighter if I feel the odds are screwed. But I have made big bets on fighters that I really thought would win.
Scott_Revels
9/22/07 3:50:22PM
Same here.. I thought Kotani would win, and I put all my money on him. He didn't, I lost it all. Now i'm just going to work my way back up, slowly, even though i'll never win the overall earnings. Just doing it for fun now. By the way, I am putting my little bit of money on Fitch. I mean it seems like the smartest move. I can't see Diego winning at all, and Fitch is +105..
ncordless
9/23/07 2:09:08AM
YES!!!!!
wolfman
9/23/07 12:48:29PM
Nice job! If only I would have taken my own advice and thrown down some money on Jardine lol. I hate to make bets on people I don't pick to win, it seems cheap. I have done it 2 or 3 times and it has never worked for me also.
scoozna
9/24/07 3:20:43PM
Nicely done...I hear that song in my head "Stayin' Alive"...
ncordless
11/18/07 3:25:21AM
Just an update on my $90... it's over $5000 now.