all in

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » all in
ortizkiller
8/29/07 4:14:26AM
ill go all in on dan henderson 2 win or hueston alexander to win my roll is 1150 any offers will be considered
CWall33
8/29/07 7:34:57AM
I fold.
hotrodttt
8/29/07 4:02:05PM
Yeah those are some pretty retarded bets
Pitbull09
8/29/07 5:33:11PM
I have 1480 for henderson to win, its not all my money but thats because its not smart at all to risk all your money since you cant work up until next season,

Your money though
Pitbull09
8/29/07 5:36:18PM

Posted by hotrodttt

Yeah those are some pretty retarded bets

We dont need more sherdog posters here
Scott_Revels
8/29/07 6:47:48PM
In my opinion it's not retarded to pick one person and put your whole purse on them. I am totally in favor of doing it. In fact I did that with Couture. I put all my money on him. It paid off and I almost doubled my money. The only reason you should do this is if your sure on a guy. Like right now I have all my money set on Rampage but might change it depending on what I see from him leading up to his fight. This technique is an easy way to jump higher on the wager rankings (which I did because I went from like #500 something to #100 something), but it can also drop you to the bottom.

The thing one needs to look at when doing this is are they here just to play and don't care what happens, or do they want to be the winner. I for one just came here to play and don't care what happens. Sure if I go up i'm overjoyed, but if I go down, hey that just means I picked wrong. I'm still going to have money, so I can still bet, and therefore still have the ability to have fun. I know the chances of me winning the whole thing are so slim it's almost impossible, so I just do it to have fun.

If your here TO be the winner, then doing this is riskier than playing Russian Roulette with your ball sack.

So far I have done this three times. I have been right all three times. I first did it by putting all $1000 of my secondary league starting amount on Antonio McKee. McKee won and I doubled plus what I earned by correct predictions. Then I put all my money on Hiromitsu Miura and won more money that way. Now I have $4325 I think in money in the Secondary League and am #12 in overall standings. I just finally got a chance to do this in the Primary League by betting all my money on Couture. He won, I doubled.

It's all about being able to accept that your taking a risk, and knowing that you can't be upset if you lose it all.

Just before I came onto the forums, I happened to place all the money I earned in the secondary league on Donald "Cowboy" Cerrone, so I am trusting in him, but if he loses, I won't be mad.
MMAnomale
8/30/07 2:55:23PM
Houston Alexander?? Wow, that's pretty brave.... He's a good fighter and a good striker, but I haven't seen enough of him to have that much confidence in him. IMO, you might as well hand your money over now and get it over with.
Scott_Revels
8/31/07 9:43:25PM
I see Houston walking in there and slapping on a Jardine mask on Sakara then proceeding to pound Sakara out.
disciple
9/2/07 6:23:35PM
Any good professional poker player will tell you that your bankroll is the most important thing you have. No bankroll, no play.

IMO it is better to move up slow and sure and build the bankroll.
ChokeUout
9/3/07 5:28:59AM
Basically, it comes down to two things if your gonna go all in on a bet...

First off, I'd make sure your very knowledgable about MMA, and about the Fighters in the bout especially. After that, If your feel comfortable with your knowledge, Trust your Gut. Be careful about second guessing, because that's how you end up kicking yourself if you had it right the first time...

If those are the two fights your thinking of using, though, I'd go for the ALexander/Sakara one, because first off, you gotta have some big stones to go all in on either Henderson OR Rampage, that's a pretty damn evenly matched fight In my opinion.

Now then, Onto Houston and Sakara: Sakara has good stand up, But the two guys he's beaten have a combined UFC record of 1-8, and only finished his last fight with his strikes (again, his strength) against a guy nobody heard of before, and probably won't hear from again. Not to mention, Sakara's Chin has to come into question after he got knocked out by Mcfedries, a true Middleweight. Granted, McFedries hits hard, But Houston looks more technichal and hits just as hard, if not harder, that McFedries, Not to mention Houston is naturally quicker and pushes a faster pace.

As for Houston, Yeah, He's had one fight, but It's arguably One of the most dominaunt wins this year in a fight against someone who was considered a contender for the belt. Plus, if you check out other sites and hear trainers, fighters and scouts talk about houston, they never have a bad thing to say about his skills, trainer, or his heart. ANd if you read houston's interviews, my gut feeling tells me this isn't a guy who loses to someone like Sakara. But that's MY gut feeling.

ANyways, yeah, I'd Place it on alexander ahead of Hendo....BUT, I still Think Matt Hamill is gonna be UFC 75's Patrick Cote if you REALLY wanna take a risk

My thoughts...Take them for what they're worth
Scott_Revels
9/3/07 6:39:28AM

Posted by disciple

Any good professional poker player will tell you that your bankroll is the most important thing you have. No bankroll, no play.

IMO it is better to move up slow and sure and build the bankroll.

Again though, that only matters if you care about the bankroll. If you went from $4000 to $1 on here and didn't care, then you have the freedom to bet on anything without worry. I don't care what my money is. Again, it'll be great to be on top but i'm not going to feel bad if my money goes down. It's only a game so I am free of the pressure.
Scott_Revels
9/5/07 8:03:14PM
I just went from $4000+ to nothing because Forbes lost, but I am not worried because it's just a game.. I had fun playing the field, and i'll play with the money I earn from future events.
LightsOut33093
9/5/07 8:08:17PM

Posted by Scott_Revels

I just went from $4000+ to nothing because Forbes lost, but I am not worried because it's just a game.. I had fun playing the field, and i'll play with the money I earn from future events.

i put all my money n baker, i knew he was gunna win
Scott_Revels
9/5/07 8:10:20PM
Yeah, I had that feeling too. I just went with Forbes because I was a fan of his all the way back to the TUF days.. I hated that he got dropped. Now I can understand why.. When it comes to the big shows, he falters. Oh well, doesn't matter. The real money factor only matters in the Primary League.
LightsOut33093
9/5/07 8:14:40PM

Posted by Scott_Revels

Yeah, I had that feeling too. I just went with Forbes because I was a fan of his all the way back to the TUF days.. I hated that he got dropped. Now I can understand why.. When it comes to the big shows, he falters. Oh well, doesn't matter. The real money factor only matters in the Primary League.

I go all in prettymuch every event and it usually doesnt work, even though I usually pick most of the fights correctly, I always get unlucky.
Scott_Revels
9/5/07 8:45:45PM
I had all my money on Cerrone against Sergio, but when the fight changed I had to pick another fighter, someone I wasn't comfortable with.. I just saw every other fight except for the Forbes fight as too risky. I thought maybe the three wins would roll over even though he was facing an undefeated guy, but I was wrong. Oh well, lol.