help.

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » MMA Training » help.
danny81
7/3/07 5:23:04PM
alright since i box i learn to fight with multiple gaurds full(both hands up), half(one hand down one up), and no(which is both down) im pretty sure the only one that is useful is the full gaurd and sometimes half gaurd, but i wanted to know if switching from southpaw to orthodox is a good idea in a MMA fight. i am good at both.
bayonetxwork
7/3/07 6:28:56PM

Posted by danny81

alright since i box i learn to fight with multiple gaurds full(both hands up), half(one hand down one up), and no(which is both down) im pretty sure the only one that is useful is the full gaurd and sometimes half gaurd, but i wanted to know if switching from southpaw to orthodox is a good idea in a MMA fight. i am good at both.

it goes either way bro. depends on who your fighting. some guys freak out when the see a southpaw, some people don't, its all going to depend on who you're going up against. Full guard is the only way IMO. I hate seeing guys throw down their front hand, to try and sneak a few uppercuts in, jabs, etc.
danny81
7/3/07 7:41:44PM
alright thanks. thats what i thought. so i should keep working on southpaw. right?