Anyone think.......

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Anyone think.......
POLL: will he punch a hole in bendo's head?
yes 27% (13)
no 61% (30)
he'll sub him 12% (6)
SpiderSilva
8/12/12 6:17:07PM
Nate Diaz is going to beat the shit out of Ben Henderson?

Bendo is too comfortable with his back being against the cage. With Nate putting pressue on him shit we just might have a Diaz bro as a UFC champ.
Twenty20Dollars
8/12/12 6:39:35PM
Yes, since Ben thinks he's a striker.

People think Edgar/Ben would just take Diaz down. He's hard to takedown and good off his back and beats either one standing.
Chael_Sonnen
8/12/12 6:48:56PM
Punch a hole in Bendo's head? That is humanly impossible.

Will Nick win a decision? YES!
FlashyG
8/12/12 7:01:44PM
There is as much chance of Henderson snapping Diaz in half with one of those kicks than there is of Diaz punching a hole in him.

I think if/when Diaz starts winning the stand-up battle Henderson should be able to take him down pretty easily. Guys who can wrestle and aren't easy to submit are generally kryponite for the Diaz brothers.

Nate did shock me by submitting Miller though so I won't count him out.
pmoney
8/12/12 7:10:35PM
You know what I came here to say.

WAR DIAZ!!!!
Cooler
8/12/12 7:12:37PM
Aaaaand newwww UFC Llllightweight championnnnaah...Nnnnnate DiAZZZZZZZZZ

He's going to demolish Bendo
Budgellism
8/12/12 7:21:55PM
I'm predicting Diaz becomes the new LW champion with an impressive UD.
ChrisSabal
8/12/12 7:35:57PM
I don't see Diaz winning this fight.
george112
8/12/12 7:37:45PM
FIRMLY believe bendo is gonna take this.

Think about it. Bendo has pretty good hands and an awesome leg kick. Not to mention awesome sub defense. Awesome wrestling.

he's nates kryptonite imo. Just a bad stylistic matchup for nate. If nate was facing a striker then yeah I'd pick him by sub. But I dont think nate is THAT much better then bendo standing. Especially with those leg kicks. A sub will be hard considering how explosive bendos movements are and how compact his frame is.

It will go to a decision but bendos hand will be raised at the end

let the flame war begin
pmoney
8/12/12 7:46:04PM

Posted by george112

But I dont think nate is THAT much better then bendo standing.

let the flame war begin

Well, if you say so:

Comparing Bendo's stand up to Nate's reminds me of that song from Disney's Aladdin: "A whole new world"
george112
8/12/12 7:52:12PM

Posted by pmoney

Posted by george112

But I dont think nate is THAT much better then bendo standing.

let the flame war begin

Well, if you say so:

Comparing Bendo's stand up to Nate's reminds me of that song from Disney's Aladdin: "A whole new world"

MMAath begs to differ

nate isn't going to stop the leg kick. Him being taller is actually going to make it worse. On top of that the damage could possibly effect his takedown ability. However IMO he couldnt get and keep bendo down even with fresh legs. Bendo is too compact and bendo is to smart. He won't make the same mistake guillard did.
Twenty20Dollars
8/12/12 8:05:12PM

Posted by george112

Think about it. Bendo has pretty good hands and an awesome leg kick. Not to mention awesome sub defense. Awesome wrestling.

he's nates kryptonite imo. Just a bad stylistic matchup for nate. If nate was facing a striker then yeah I'd pick him by sub. But I dont think nate is THAT much better then bendo standing. Especially with those leg kicks. A sub will be hard considering how explosive bendos movements are and how compact his frame is.

Ben didn't do so good standing last night. Diaz beats him there.

Ben stopped throwing leg kicks against Edgar. Ben will probably be taking a few punches everytime he throws a kick.

Ben didn't get Edgar down or really try.

Maynard and Guida barely beat Diaz by grappling.

The Ben that fought last night I couldn't see beating Diaz.
Kpro
8/12/12 8:07:34PM
FlashyG
8/12/12 8:10:50PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Ben stopped throwing leg kicks against Edgar. Ben will probably be taking a few punches everytime he throws a kick.

Its not like Diaz has fought Edgar so who knows how good or bad he'd look standing against him.

Henderson likely stopped throwing the leg kicks because Edgar kept catching them and it was only a matter of time before they started leading to takedowns which could have cost him the fight.

Diaz doesn't have the wrestling Edgar does and isn't as fast either so its hard to use Henderson's fight with him as any indication of how Diaz will look against him.
pmoney
8/12/12 8:12:01PM

Posted by george112

MMAath begs to differ

nate isn't going to stop the leg kick. Him being taller is actually going to make it worse. On top of that the damage could possibly effect his takedown ability. However IMO he couldnt get and keep bendo down even with fresh legs. Bendo is too compact and bendo is to smart. He won't make the same mistake guillard did.

Bendo wont make the same mistake Guillard did because he won't hurt or drop Nate in the same fashion. He doesn't have enough power to hurt Nate, and his boxing isn't as good as Guillards, in my opinion

Nate Diaz will knockout Benson Henderson to become UFC LW Champion. (In my humble opinion, of course )
george112
8/12/12 8:12:58PM

Posted by george112

Diaz isn't Edgar , Maynard or guida

stylistically I just don't think it's s good matchup for Diaz.

Bendo has decent enough head movement to avoid the brunt of the head shots but he wont be able to avoid all of them .

bendo I think also has a speed advantage in striking department. Nate could eat a few also if he starts swinging those looping hooks.

The fight will be relatively close BUT like I said just a bad matchup
george112
8/12/12 8:19:37PM

Posted by pmoney

Posted by george112

MMAath begs to differ

Bendo wont make the same mistake Guillard did because he won't hurt or drop Nate in the same fashion. He doesn't have enough power to hurt Nate, and his boxing isn't as good as Guillards, in my opinion

Nate Diaz will knockout Benson Henderson to become UFC LW Champion. (In my humble opinion, of course )

imo guillards technical boxing worked AGAINST him vs. Diaz

it's all about style.

Bendos fighting style is just bad for Diaz.

I agree though he won't knock Diaz out or sub him. He will win a decision with maintaining top control and using TDD coupled with good exchanges and maybe even his own takedown
hymiekooken
8/12/12 8:29:22PM
If bendo tries to stand with Diaz, he is going to get picked apart with some fine Stockton Slap. Bendo is fast, but not fast enough to avoid Nate's hands. Nate also has a great chin, so he wont be too worried about getting tagged in the exchange, Bendo doesnt have the ko power to stop Diaz. Bendo will most likely try to take Nate down, but I dont see that working out too well for him once he get Nate there, once that Diaz triangle or gullitone is locked in, forget about it. Nate by impressive UD or submission. Either way, the belt leaves with Nate, and i am confident enough in my boy to make an avatar bet on this.
Twenty20Dollars
8/12/12 8:57:06PM
I also thought Edgar and Diaz trained together.
Kpro
8/12/12 9:02:00PM

I also thought Edgar and Diaz trained together.

They've trained together many times. A lot of Cesar and Renzo guys will spend time at each other's gyms.
twodragunns
8/12/12 9:04:14PM
I think Nate will lose this title fight with Bendo .... styles make fights and Bendo's style will stymie Nate's skills. I see Bendo wining a UD in this title fight.
KungFuMaster
8/13/12 1:45:48AM
Diaz poses a lot of threat to Henderson in terms of cardio, jiu jitsu, and volume of punches but Diaz is a much different fighter than Edgar. Edgar has speed in his legs and in his arms which allowed him to go in and out when fighting Henderson and yet Henderson was still able to catch Edgar in those ins and outs.

IMO, it would be a mistake for Diaz to contest this fight on the feet with Henderson. Diaz is the MUCH better striker and boxer but I believe Henderson has more knock out power and he will likely land a good shot if Diaz should choose to stand in front of him.

IMO, Henderson should keep it standing and Diaz should be the one wanting to go to the ground.
sparky
8/13/12 5:33:25AM

Posted by pmoney

You know what I came here to say.

WAR DIAZ!!!!

WAR DIAZ
scoozna
8/13/12 10:52:57AM
Ahhh..it's heating up already. Some good Av Bets should come out of this one.

I agree with a lot of what Twenty20Dollars said - Bendo stopped the leg kicks because he was eating punches. Diaz is gonna be all over that, he doesn't have to have the same quickness as Edgar, because he's taller/longer.

Bendo's best shot is GnP, partly because he's so tough to sub... but Diaz is so very crafty....sooooo crafty. I'm on the Ringer/Diaz bandwagon!
Theoutlaw08
8/13/12 11:54:03AM
People aren't giving Benso enough credit. He's the champion for a reason. I think he's an extremely well rounded fighter. I don't think Diaz wins as easy as people think, if he even wins. I can see Benso doing enough to win via decision.
gartface
8/13/12 12:38:58PM

Posted by Theoutlaw08

People aren't giving Benso enough credit. He's the champion for a reason. I think he's an extremely well rounded fighter. I don't think Diaz wins as easy as people think, if he even wins. I can see Benso doing enough to win via decision.

Joe Stevenson, MacDonald, DHK. All bigger than Nate, and all grapplers who dominated him.

Henderson would be wise to do the same thing they did and beat the crap out of Diaz against the fence and on the mat.
40ouncetofreedom
8/14/12 1:34:58AM
I'm a Diaz fan,but i see him having little chance of winning this fight,Let alone knocking out Bendo,The same Bendo who got cage kicked by Pettis and wasn't finished by that,I highly doubt a Diaz who aren't known for superb power knocking out Bendo,.

I love the Diaz bros too,but lets be realistic here.

aussiemma
8/14/12 4:04:31AM
i think nate can absolutely win, if bendo fights the same way he just fought against frankie.
But if this was nate vs frankie i would second guess diaz just because of how good frankie goes for the takedowns.
The things that nate has improved heaps is his ability to react to the takedown attempt, his pressure and definately his boxing skills.
I find it hard for a way bendo can beat diaz other than decision, wheras diaz has arguably looked the most dangerous in the lw div on his feet and on the ground.

This all being said, diaz has 6 decision losses to his name, if bendo comes in with the right game plan and disguises his takedowns well then he has a chance. But then again diaz is super slick off of his back and although benson is famous for his sub escapes...diaz could secure something.

There are really many ways you can look at this match up, but i think nate can win either by late sub or ko. If it goes to decision then i give slight advantage to benson.
Pookie
8/14/12 5:03:56AM
No one's going to be able to stand with Diaz in a 5 round fight.

Its all about how the ground game unfolds.
40ouncetofreedom
8/14/12 11:33:59AM
NVM..Misread